Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Could she please mix the Old Hollywood darkness aesthetic with the country aesthetic for visuals? Like an old western movie or something?
Marilyn Monroe but on the farm? 

Sophia Loren eyeliner in the barn?

Priscilla Presley in the stables?

38 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Anyways, here's for the babes who love a solid, sharp, cohesive and easy-listening album  that's not too long.... 

01. 3:45

02. 4:23

03. 3:25

04. 3:55

05. 5:05

06. 4:05

07. 4:55

08. 4:02

09. 5:49

10. 4:34

11. 4;56

12. 3:27

13. 8:35

14. 3:52

15. 5:59

No features (except only ONE feature Dolly Parton or Stevie Nicks or real legendary people), no rappers, no dumb interludes, no intros, outros, no Nikki Lane (i'd love their joint album instead of her hopping into Lana's). No tracks below 3 minutes (fuck you tiktoks), no covers, just Lana's original takes on country.

YES

url%5D

4 minutes ago, OFFTOTHERACES. said:

Could she please mix the Old Hollywood darkness aesthetic with the country aesthetic for visuals? Like an old western movie or something?
Marilyn Monroe but on the farm? 

Sophia Loren eyeliner in the barn?

Priscilla Presley in the stables?

Oooh this! 

Serving vibes like Marilyn in her last movie, The Misfits. 

Spoiler

In all honesty, I feel like it's going to be a more folk driven album than country. But if we get some steel guitar tracks I won't complain lol :tongue2:

unnamed.gif

4 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

She posted CN snippet in August (around when she finished it and turned in the record) and we got the preorder in December.

She posted Henry in February.... preorder in June? :creepna2:

Makes sense, as we got the record released 3 months later (which would make September this time)

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

We thought Coachella was the big event this month but it's really Nikki Lane's Cowboy Cookout / Midnight Cowboy / Swimsuits & Cowboy Boots extravagenza ft. Nikki Lane & Friends cowboy karaoke. Add on top of all that a photo by Chuck, and a comment by Lana....delusional I may be but if this doesn't scream Lasso... :hype::hype::hype:

Idk if it’s been said but I can imagine stand by your man will be recorded and put on lasso

Spoiler

aka I need this recorded and put on lasso. Seeing her sing this live had me sobbing especially with said man standing right next to me lololol

☆Credit Card Romancer♡61488ea977a6ef5ebcd368bc55c9dc5c6cf8ccf7

7 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

when lasso is the Nikki collab album after all..... 

we cry.

edit- also if I see the word track 1 Loved You Then And Now on lasso i will riot

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

edit- also if I see the word track 1 Loved You Then And Now on lasso i will riot

u need to shut up

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

I had a dream I heard of Henry come on and it was basically like the part of pump it- black eyed peas chorus lol (the track no words) and then would just transition back to the snippet we heard and there were no other lyrics in the song other than the chorus 

and I’ve woken up and can’t even imagine how awful that would sound lol

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I just had a thought… remember when Kesha's mom Pebe Sebert was thirsting over Lana's dad Rob Grant? I need a Kesha feature on Lasso. Kesha has released a plethora of country-esque songs since 2017 (plus Timber in 2013) and I think they would make for a GOOD song together. Even a Pebe/Rob song would be great. 

(Idk if Pebe has recorded anything in the studio lately, her two singles on streaming right now were recorded in the 80s)

Some country Kesha songs that I think are among her career best

Spoiler

12 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Anyways, here's for the babes who love a solid, sharp, cohesive and easy-listening album  that's not too long.... 

01. 3:45

02. 4:23

03. 3:25

04. 3:55

05. 5:05

06. 4:05

07. 4:55

08. 4:02

09. 5:49

10. 4:34

11. 4;56

12. 3:27

13. 8:35

14. 3:52

15. 5:59

No features (except only ONE feature Dolly Parton or Stevie Nicks or real legendary people), no rappers, no dumb interludes, no intros, outros, no Nikki Lane (i'd love their joint album instead of her hopping into Lana's). No tracks below 3 minutes (fuck you tiktoks), no covers, just Lana's original takes on country.

I would love the standard album to be Lana solo originals and a deluxe edition of like 5 or 6 bonus tracks for whatever collabs and/or cover versions :defeated: