Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I think people here forget how manic we become when she officially announces an album… and it’s coming out in like 5-6 months :true::tsk: 

Cigarettes After Sex got their preorder and first single out in February for a July 12

release; we got the second single 10 days ago. Although both singles are amazing, even though this spring is packed with major releases, I can’t help but feel CAS’s pre-release is dragging on… Same would happen with Lana.

i mean, OB era, which was one of the shortest pre-release eras ever: we pressed Kintsugi and BoZ for every crumble of detail and as far as I can tell, neither of them is anywhere in sight for info this time around, which would make a very dry pre-release era… 

My wish is for something like Billie did but with singles: announcement and preorder for a short pre-release, one single or two before the album, 2-3 months max. 

6 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

do you guys think the photoshoot of this album is already taken? Because if it isn't the case I feel like Lana is going to look very cunty because she's been serving looks lately.:paris:

I hope it include her with new desert dyed hairstyle:sass:

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

I think we are truly not ready for the aesthetic and visuals this era, Lassonita gonna serve big time :defeated:

30 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think people here forget how manic we become when she officially announces an album… and it’s coming out in like 5-6 months :true::tsk: 

Cigarettes After Sex got their preorder and first single out in February for a July 12

release; we got the second single 10 days ago. Although both singles are amazing, even though this spring is packed with major releases, I can’t help but feel CAS’s pre-release is dragging on… Same would happen with Lana.

i mean, OB era, which was one of the shortest pre-release eras ever: we pressed Kintsugi and BoZ for every crumble of detail and as far as I can tell, neither of them is anywhere in sight for info this time around, which would make a very dry pre-release era… 

My wish is for something like Billie did but with singles: announcement and preorder for a short pre-release, one single or two before the album, 2-3 months max. 

Lowkey agree with this but on the other hand I need something now so bad but the wait will be worth it , but yeah we become pretty rabid and manic once she officially announces an album:hide:

My dream would be another Honeymoon type of album roll out:flutter:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Actually what I am still thinking about is when she started doing the country album. I know she said 4 years and technically since she said it in 2024 it would mean 2020 but since it was still the beginning of 2024 and knowing Lana I  guess 2019 is the year which makes sense since she started to visit the Midwest alot in that year. But knowing that I think it's not likely that Hey Blue Baby and Stupid For Being So Happy appear on Lasso. Not that I don't want them but she sang them at the end of 2018 and we are not aware that studio versions of those exist. However she could have remembered and recorded them later but I don't know how realistic that is:sass:

Though I think this makes it more likely that LYTAN actually could appear on Lasso, since it was apparently made in 2019/2020, at least that's my guess since it was a COCC and BB outtake and maybe she decided it would fit on Lasso in the end. And I hope we get an interview in which she talks about the working process of Lasso because I think that could actually be quite interesting

Anyways maybe I was just bored and are in need for Lasso news but anyway thanks for reading it :hide:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

OT but thank god we can all agree CAS’ rollouts have been laughably drawn out. They know they have the hype though, and so does Lana. So I guess they can kinda do whatever they want :brigitte:

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

absolutely this!! Our little bubble is hyper aware of Lasso’s existence, but the album is far from being announced. I truly think the days of her announcing an album with a super long, drawn out pre release is over.

LFL I don’t blame her, because Love leaked super early and the album wasn’t even ready for yet. NFR was mentioned in September of 2018, and didn’t released until August 2019, COTCC was announced in May 2020 and ended up releasing March 2021, both almost a year later. BB had multiple release dates and a lot of silence, and was out 6 months later. 

Ocean I think is the almost perfect scenario. Announced something was happening and then released the first single with preorder. Granted even THAT ended up getting delayed, so it makes sense they aren’t announcing Lasso yet because this far out they probably don’t even know when it’s coming 

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

absolutely this!! Our little bubble is hyper aware of Lasso’s existence, but the album is far from being announced. I truly think the days of her announcing an album with a super long, drawn out pre release is over.

LFL I don’t blame her, because Love leaked super early and the album wasn’t even ready for yet. NFR was mentioned in September of 2018, and didn’t released until August 2019, COTCC was announced in May 2020 and ended up releasing March 2021, both almost a year later. BB had multiple release dates and a lot of silence, and was out 6 months later. 

Ocean I think is the almost perfect scenario. Announced something was happening and then released the first single with preorder. Granted even THAT ended up getting delayed, so it makes sense they aren’t announcing Lasso yet because this far out they probably don’t even know when it’s coming 

that's why i said september is just not very realistic. It's just one of those lana statements. It means "we're working towards september but we'll see"

if she's still not happy with the song selection or the mastering, it could easily be another 6 months. We'll probably get a video of her from Denny's in November, saying "hey guys, so we have an album release date for lasso, it's March 29th, 2025. So exited and hope you like it."

Tbh I don’t care or mind if it’s delayed. Music so far this year has been SO solid that I’m not itching for new Lana. If she wants to take time to perfect the album, she absolutely should.

I love how she has really fleshed out her look/aesthetic. This is the first time in YEARS that she actually looks like the music she is about to release. 

my only hope for this era is an album trailer. I know a lot of artists don’t really do them anymore, but her album trailers have ALWAYS been next level, and she had big ideas for the Ocean one before the robbery. This album being her first ‘concept’ album in years deserves a world building album trailer 

"Don’t forget me"

3 hours ago, NikoGo said:

Tbh I don’t care or mind if it’s delayed. Music so far this year has been SO solid that I’m not itching for new Lana. If she wants to take time to perfect the album, she absolutely should.

I love how she has really fleshed out her look/aesthetic. This is the first time in YEARS that she actually looks like the music she is about to release. 

my only hope for this era is an album trailer. I know a lot of artists don’t really do them anymore, but her album trailers have ALWAYS been next level, and she had big ideas for the Ocean one before the robbery. This album being her first ‘concept’ album in years deserves a world building album trailer 

that's true! Cowboy carter will hold me till september anyway. And i'm sure i'll fuck with dua lipa and billie too. The new future x metro boomin' isn't bad either, and there's still so much more music to come

Sorry for the essay but :creepna2:

I still have hopes of having Lasso this fall. She unofficially announced it early enough to be realistic and she's been working on it for a long time:

- According to her she has been working on it with Jack for the past 4 (?) years.

I guess after or while making Norman and Chemtrails she had some "country" songs she wanted to use eventually and since Jack's security is tight not even insiders knew anything (they usually get stuff after it's submitted to labels and distributed).

- Then BB happened so it was pushed. Right after BB she started writing with other people like her bf Mike and continued that route for Ocean but... she wanted to finish it at last :creepna: so:

- We got the "I hope you guys love country" IG story in the summer of 2022... even before announcing anything from Ocean (but right when OB was practically done with only CN left so she resumed the country work right after it)

- She was in the studio multiple times that spring according to Jack and she also had some sessions in Alabama and I think someone there confirmed she recorded a couple of tracks. 

- A (probably) finished song in February. She usually teases new stuff from the studio while recording or in her car but Henry was uploaded as a proper studio version snippet so the Luke sessions were not in a really early state. 

So yeah I feel like it's realistic that there's a finished album and that it was already submitted so it's being pressed right now.

The actual vinyl is what takes time so she didn't even need to have any visuals ready at that point.

And since she was going to submit the whole thing around March she could predict a September date cause she probably already discussed it with her label :true:

Of course it's Lana so she could be tweaking the tracklist at this exact moment and we're getting a 2025 spring album instead and that's fine either way I guess:hide:

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Fans talking to lana in Stagecoach and NONE OF THEM asked her about LASSO...:facepalm:

Seriously what’s up with that? They’re taking pictures with her at a COUNTRY music set and they didn’t bother to ask her about her 1st country album :uh:

i kinda believe it will actually get released september-ish simply because that coachella chat thing was lasso themed...like i don't think her team would be going that hard with the lasso theming if there weren't concrete plans for it in the near future :um2: