Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Alright time to speak my truthā€¦ no tea no share towards anyone, butā€¦Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

I donā€™t get at all why is LB so hyped for Henry when everyone seems to hate Not All Who Wander Are LostĀ :stareney2:Ā arenā€™t they similar and I canā€™t remember someone mentioning NAWWAL as a highlight from CoCC (which is to me)?
Ā 

when I first heard Henry, it thought was very minimal sounding and I was surprised you liked it so much (especially the bridge: it sounds like itā€™s an unfinished demo). And no, Henry shouldnā€™t be a single, even less a lead. Of all the songs she teased via snippets from previous releases, Henry might be the one I donā€™t like as much as TJF, HIaB, CG or CN.Ā 

Ā 

Im sure weā€™ll get Henry. As I stated so many, many times before, to the exception of RBFY (which was written black on white in the caption), all the songs she teased with a snippet ended up on an album.Ā 

Ā 

who hates not all who wander are lost? :adele:

10 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I like Henry because it reminds me of Nectar Of The Gods, and thatā€™s one of my favorite Lana songsĀ 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Dark Angel said:

Ā 

who hates not all who wander are lost? :adele:

Both of those songs are incredible to me. I donā€™t mind at all the minimalist songs she releases, especially the guitar ones rather than the pianoā€™s.Ā 
Its not that LB hates Not All Who Wanderā€¦ but I canā€™t say that that song has been brought up very often as an highlight on COcCā€¦ and yet the hype for Henry in this thread seems a bit exaggerated maybe?Ā :tsk:Ā It could be an incredible track, just not single material per seĀ 

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Ā 

Both of those songs are incredible to me. I donā€™t mind at all the minimalist songs she releases, especially the guitar ones rather than the pianoā€™s.Ā 
Its not that LB hates Not All Who Wanderā€¦ but I canā€™t say that that song has been brought up very often as an highlight on COcCā€¦ and yet the hype for Henry in this thread seems a bit exaggerated maybe?Ā :tsk:Ā It could be an incredible track, just not single material per seĀ 

tbh I think half of the reason it seems so hype is because itā€™s not a jack trackĀ :bebe:

Ā 

if Henry was teased and she @ā€˜ed Jack instead of Luke I think more people would be upset

"Donā€™t forget me"

4 hours ago, Blackestday x CN said:

I also don't get the hype for Henry, when whe have the opportunity to get Songs like tough and this new song.

Ā 

I don't understand the hype for minimistic production songs after this long period of minimisticĀ albums.Ā 

Ā 

We don' t need the same lame folk, we want tough, cherry 2.0 and lust for lasso.Ā 

Songs like henry come on are the ones who always age well for me, I could never get sick of it, you can listen to it when ur sick, sad, tired, or even in ur car, that snippet was so comforting, I donā€™t know how to explain this, but lanaā€™s guitar songs r the best, meanwhile tough is the kinda of song youā€™ll be obsessed with for couple of months/weeks, and then get sick ofĀ it

After listening to the recordings of the Tough performance at Fenway iā€™m like 50/50 on it. I like the melody and beat but iā€™m not reallyĀ feeling Quavos vocals. I feel like if it was a Lana solo iā€™d like it more but iā€™ll have to wait and see.Ā Summer Bummer is like my least visited Lana song cuz i just really dont vibe with rap all that muchĀ :bebe:. ToughĀ DOES show that if it is Lasso related the album will be very diverse in its style of country.Ā Not bromance morgan wallen angry at cancel culture type country. Which is good!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Is the new song (which is not called Mirror that was a classic twitter lie) even a new song or just an into? The whole performance of it was like a minute and 30 seconds, and during the sound check it sounded like she was just repeating the same thing over and over againĀ :thumb2:

"Donā€™t forget me"

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Is the new song (which is not called Mirror that was a classic twitter lie) even a new song or just an into? The whole performance of it was like a minute and 30 seconds, and during the sound check it sounded like she was just repeating the same thing over and over againĀ :thumb2:

i thought that too and its too loud to be an interlude or somethingĀ 

Just now, NikoGo said:

Iā€™m praying it could be an A&W situation where sheā€™s chopped and segmented a bit of a new song when performing it live. Kind of like how sheā€™ll repeatĀ ā€œI say I live in Rosemead really Iā€™m at the Ramadaā€ line in a live performance. If itā€™s just an intro and nothing comes from it it will be one of my greatest losses because Iā€™m obsessed with the dark moody vibe itā€™s giving. I donā€™t think itā€™s a coincidence she debuted it at the same show she debuted another new song, howeverĀ :dua:

Tumblr

If the new song is an actual song it's kinda giving album intro - she tends to unintentionally connect her closers with the openers of the following album like with Hope and White Dress and now this one and Taco truck 'cause of the Lake Placid mention and the Venice Bitch call back. More than welcome with wherever it's placed though

Ā 

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but if this song is indeed an album track there's a possibility Zodiac could be included given their experimental natures

Ā 

And yeah can't wait for how this album decides to take shapeĀ :wub:

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Bonita said:

If the new song is an actual song it's kinda giving album intro - she tends to unintentionally connect her closers with the openers of the following album like with Hope and White Dress and now this one and Taco truck 'cause of the Lake Placid mention and the Venice Bitch call back. More than welcome with wherever it's placed though

Ā 

I don't know if anyone has said this yet but if this song is indeed an album track there's a possibility Zodiac could be included given their experimental natures

Ā 

Ā 

zodiac and this new song go together so well, they both have an offbeat ethereal vibe. maybe thatā€™s why leakers have been holding back zodiacĀ :hooker:

weā€™re gonna party like itā€™s 1949

ā €ā € ā €ā € ā €ā € ā €ā € Ā ā €Ā Ā Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  ā € Ā  Ā  :ĀØ Ā·.Ā· ĀØ:

ā €ā € ā €ā € ā €ā € ā €ā € Ā  ā € Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā `Ā· . ź”«

58 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

tbh I think half of the reason it seems so hype is because itā€™s not a jack trackĀ :bebe:

Ā 

Ā 

Honestly yeah, it's the Jack fatigue, and as much as I complain abt him I don't even hate him (much) I just think he starts big and great and then it's just too samey and too simple, and like other producers can make simple amazing and elaborate and with super rich sounds, but Jack... he gets too muffled. So yeah, it's the hype for a new producer, new track, new theme. It's a lot of things. I think we're so greedy for Lana's music bcs we know her artistry is unmatched and that guitar just sounded so peaceful and deep

Ā J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

Ā 

dreaming away your life

Tbh Tough snippets only work for me when I listen to it with headphones. Like the sound isĀ smooth with headphones. But without the headphones it sounds weird.Ā 

url%5D

26 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

zodiac and this new song go together so well, they both have an offbeat ethereal vibe. maybe thatā€™s why leakers have been holding back zodiacĀ :hooker:

Ā 

I'd love it if she includes more experimental songs!!! I remember a number of fans who saw her during Ocean Blvd era praising the experimentation on the album to her face which probably reassured her to do so (after she thought the last three tracks weren't gonna be recieved well)Ā :wub:

8 minutes ago, Bonita said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, I think that the album will be far more eclectic and experimental than what we've been expecting it to sound like so far. The new song/intro definitely *can* exist on the same album with the likes of Zodiac. Lana almost included "pearl watch on me ring a bell psycho lifeguard" (5 tracks apparently, lol) on DYKTTATUOB's album title, and didn't put any of these tracks on the album at all. IĀ wonder if they were leaning too experimental/weird and ended up getting replaced by the Jon Batiste tracks and Margaret, which were all very late additions. I mean, Jack said that Lana didn't want to release A&W. With the unanimous raves that the song received from fans and critics alike, I could see her getting a bit riskier and bolder regarding the next album. And Jack *did* say that they were heading into a very strange place artistically, implying that they've been experimenting a lot.Ā 

Now, Henry, Come OnĀ is certainly giving Americana/folk/country/American songbook vibes, and the Luke Laird sessions must have been extremely productive, because she was very excited about that collaboration. I could see this segment being the prevalent one on the album - the same way the more diaristic stuff were the thematic core of DYKTTATUOB. And, on the other hand, we haveĀ ToughĀ which sounds like a very exciting, fresh and fun summer bop - it almost feels like the natural continuation andĀ expansion of the last three tracks of DYKTATTUOB (and the loose first half of Lust for Life, too).Ā 

Ā 

So...I really don't know what to expect from the album at all. If it's true that it's getting released next Spring, she's probably still working on it. It kinda explains why she's so hesitant when it comes to talking about it/describing it. I'm pretty sure that she didn't randomly include the new song/intro on the setlist, given that she also debuted Tough. There must be a connection.Ā 

Ā