psycholifegaurd

what is a Lana concept/ idea that you can write a 50 page single spaced 12 pt. MLA paper about?

Lana is a revolutionary of art, and her music is literally like reading a classic novel. 

I am obsessed with the intrinsic message of Lust for Life, as it is literally one of the greatest and most enriching ideas to pursue satisfaction, love, and embracing life. It talks about the impulses and critical events in life, it’s unbelievably insane.

3 minutes ago, psycholifegaurd said:

Lana is a revolutionary of art, and her music is literally like reading a classic novel. 

I am obsessed with the intrinsic message of Lust for Life, as it is literally one of the greatest and most enriching ideas to pursue satisfaction, love, and embracing life. It talks about the impulses and critical events in life, it’s unbelievably insane.

I was about to say exactly the same :trisha3: I've analysed this album for three years where I have thoughts and theories written all over my notes app

url%5D

I think something to do with feminisim and how she has been (or was?) perceived in the midst of cancel culture

1 minute ago, Rock Candy said:

Her "blue" mood, idk

definitely interesting too

3 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

I think something to do with feminisim and how she has been (or was?) perceived in the midst of cancel culture

definitely interesting too

That was my first thought, too. I found it very interesting how so-called feminists said how she should behave to support their idea of feminism, which was actually just replacing one supposed prison guard (men) by another one (so-called feminists), lol. 

I also often think about how strong she is compared to many other artists, although AND because she allows herself to be weak and talks about it. There are so many artists saying all the time how strong they are and sending out messages about how to become as strong as them - and then you look at their insta feed and can easily spot all the self-esteem trouble they actually deal with. Lana is just herself and looks like she wants, more kilos than before or not, without making a big fuzz about it. She's a much better role model than all those "be yourself" shouting artists who never upload pics without filter and get their photo shoots retouched like crazy. 

It was expensive watch it 

25 minutes ago, Embach said:

I was about to say exactly the same :trisha3: I've analysed this album for three years where I have thoughts and theories written all over my notes app

i wrote my college essays about LFL 🤍🛻❤️

32 minutes ago, Embach said:

6 minutes ago, psycholifegaurd said:

i wrote my college essays about LFL 🤍🛻❤️

Same same same, made so many projects during high school/college about the LFL message

just reminded me how i wrote a paper about the national anthem music video and all of its references in my first year of college a few years ago LMFAO. 
but most likely it would just be a lengthier version of that where id write about Lana’s vision of americana from the places she references to other artists/films and how she was able to create her own recognizable style through it both visually and as an artist through each of her eras.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

1 minute ago, Candy Necklace said:

Same same same, made so many projects during high school/college about the LFL message

English Literature was so fun watching The Great Gatsby and one time I only wrote about the significance of Young and Beautiful in an essay and I got a 50 😭 We read Lolita and other stories/ poems and sometimes I can’t tell if I’m crazy or Lana used so many literature in her songs (esp. paradise+btd)

an analysis of the symbolism in tropico and how the themes explored in the short film + body electric/gods and monsters/bel air are quintessentially lana. we can see this entire project as the foundation of her music and character – walt whitman, marilyn monroe, jesus, christianity in general, freedom, the american dream, california as both heaven and hell, all of these ideas and people are her roots. 

i’ll also touch on what ‘tropico’ and ‘paradise’ mean to lana along with some of the scrapped songs from this period which fit the overall religious theme (such as ave maria, dragonslayer, and i talk to jesus) that can provide further insight into the era as a whole. 

3ff0029a1fda38b8c622b8712e55f08a.gif

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

10 minutes ago, spinmeround said:

obsessed with the sounds of lust for life demos/early unreleaseds that would've comprised the original "witchy" sounding concept

it wasn’t witchy if anything the sound was more grand and spacey but we should stop call it a concept that was witchy:oprah3: someone lied to y’all very hard

im not even sure what even “witchy” should mean and where are there those elements in her early lfl demos that can be named “witchy”

to start with we truly don’t know the og concept of lfl yet and by when it was starting appear

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

i could write so much about ultraviolence you don’t even want to get me started 

also, i think we could all write thesis’ on the enigma that is “k” and what he represents throughout her entire discography

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i could write so much about ultraviolence you don’t even want to get me started 

also, i think we could all write thesis’ on the enigma that is “k” and what he represents throughout her entire discography

FOR REAL!!! AND JIMMY/J

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

1 hour ago, psycholifegaurd said:

lust for life is literally my fav album, i could talk abt the witchy concept or just the album in general for hours :flutter:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7laynh1btcbtvab9ylb