Quincy

Total Solar Eclipse, April 8, 2024 (North America)

Forgive me if there was a discussion somewhere on this…

A total solar eclipse will be visible across a swath of North America this Monday, April 8th.

Who’s excited? Anyone live in the path of totality or plan to travel to it?

From NASA:

“The Monday, April 8, 2024, total solar eclipse will cross North America, passing over Mexico, the United States, and Canada. The total solar eclipse will begin over the South Pacific Ocean. Weather permitting, the first location in continental North America that will experience totality is Mexico’s Pacific coast at around 11:07 a.m. PDT.
eclipse-map-2024-1920-1.png?w=1024&forma
The path of the eclipse continues from Mexico, entering the United States in Texas, and traveling through Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Small parts of Tennessee and Michigan will also experience the total solar eclipse. The eclipse will enter Canada in Southern Ontario, and continue through Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Cape Breton. The eclipse will exit continental North America on the Atlantic coast of Newfoundland, Canada, at 5:16 p.m. NDT.”

I live in Oklahoma and plan to drive 4-5 hours to get into the path of totality. Paris, TX is in the path… but I’m leaning toward Arkansas. It depends on the cloud cover and forecast as of Monday morning. 

I drove to Nebraska to see the 2017 eclipse and it was a surreal experience. The next eclipse to cross over the U.S. won’t be until 2045. 

Make sure you are safe while viewing the eclipse, with proper glasses and protection for your camera/phone if you plan to photograph it. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

hope yall enjoy if you are able to be in the path of total solar eclipse :) I think I'll still be able to see a little bit of it

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

@111 it's your time to shine and leak something during this event

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

that's so cool but help when I saw this thread in the "new topics" list I thought that this was a Lana tour announcement that I had missed, I'm such a delulu lol :crying5:

url%5D

i live in one of the prime viewing spots! my college shut down for monday because there's supposed to be so much visitors and traffic :oop2: thank u universe 

violets in your eyes

5 hours ago, love divine said:

i live in one of the prime viewing spots! my college shut down for monday because there's supposed to be so much visitors and traffic :oop2: thank u universe 

literally the universe did this for you :party:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 4/4/2024 at 9:52 PM, The Sun Also Rises said:

About four years ago I planned to travel to the U.S. especially to see this, unfortunately that did not end up happening :toofunny:

OMG was it because of COVID?

Holy shit I just woke up and I read the topic title wrong thinking it was Total Solar Power and I thought an ultra-deluxe flopper version of Lorde last album was going to happen :air:

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

A total Solar @111 :makeup:

2 hours ago, ts2003 said:

A TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE OF THE HEART

That song plays in my head all the time I see news about it hahah!

url%5D