Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

14 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

honestly not a big fan of her background singers in summertime and the live lmlylaw performance, i feel like they don't really work with her voice (i thought the audience was singing along in the live lmlylaw performance tbh :toofunny:) . they're great in thunder though

kinda agree with this. i think at times they work like in thunder but i didn’t really think they fit into lmlylaw 

On 12/14/2020 at 8:49 PM, ShadesOfFool said:

Tbh I have no idea wtf she’s saying there. I always thought it was “comprende mis White lies” which doesn’t really make any sense. White lines wouldn’t really make sense either ?? I just kinda go with it. 

but “you give me my white lines” makes it very clear what she’s describing tbh

Huh she does sing "Comprende mis white lines", no??

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

6 hours ago, JehovahThikness said:

honestly not a big fan of her background singers in summertime and the live lmlylaw performance, i feel like they don't really work with her voice (i thought the audience was singing along in the live lmlylaw performance tbh :toofunny:) . they're great in thunder though

Agreed; I thought they were really distracting in the LMLYLAW performance. 

Background singers are supposed to elevate the artist but I thought they overwhelmed her. Presumably, Lala directed them to sing as they did so it isn't their fault but I think they all need to find a way to be more cohesive. 

If sis relies too heavily on them in live shows it could be disastrous because she has a relatively quiet voice.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

20 minutes ago, isthishappiness said:

was getting lowkey prepared for some hate but now you just made my day:) what's your favorite nfr song?

aww :kiss:

my fav is "fuck it i love you", what's yours?

guns n roses has really grown on me in the past couple months like yeah the chorus isn't all THAT but the verses and the bridge are *chefs kiss* it gives me total desert rock girl group vibes and even though there isn't much lyrical substance its still a strong song; even if just not to Lana's standards lmao 

you got game boy game boy :kris: you got game boy game boy :beyonce:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

36 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

guns n roses has really grown on me in the past couple months like yeah the chorus isn't all THAT but the verses and the bridge are *chefs kiss* it gives me total desert rock girl group vibes and even though there isn't much lyrical substance its still a strong song; even if just not to Lana's standards lmao 

you got game boy game boy :kris: you got game boy game boy :beyonce:

i love guns and roses so so much and i never understood why it got so much hate :what:

so glad you're appreciating this gem!!!

I’ve seen some people on here calling Venice Bitch Jack’s imitation of some songs off of UV (mainly WC or SoC) and while I can see the comparisons I don’t think I can really agree with the allegations (I literally think VB is more similar to TNC lol). Yes, all three are essentially neo-psychedelic/dream pop songs, but they’re all really different imo, especially because VB has aspects of progressive pop and its slowcore verses. Same genre (especially one of the most popular genres in music) /= imitation. And while I can enjoy the lyrics of WC and SoC, I’ve fallen in love with VB’s much more because of they just feel more intimate and less persona-y (I absolutely think WC is ethereal and it’s one of my top songs from her but I just can’t relate to it lol). I think both WC and SoC, because they’re shorter songs, have much more explosive sound while VB’s is more mellow because of its length. Different strokes from different folks, I just don’t think VB deserves any slander <//3    

speaking of progressive music, I think Lana needs to ditch ‘verse chorus verse bridge chorus’ structure. if not, i wish she would add more oomph to the final choruses (something like PWYC, TBD, VB, HEROIN, even HTD)

sgopYhV.gif

On 12/22/2020 at 12:14 AM, JehovahThikness said:

I’ve seen some people on here calling Venice Bitch Jack’s imitation of some songs off of UV (mainly WC or SoC) and while I can see the comparisons I don’t think I can really agree with the allegations (I literally think VB is more similar to TNC lol). Yes, all three are essentially neo-psychedelic/dream pop songs, but they’re all really different imo, especially because VB has aspects of progressive pop and its slowcore verses. Same genre (especially one of the most popular genres in music) /= imitation. And while I can enjoy the lyrics of WC and SoC, I’ve fallen in love with VB’s much more because of they just feel more intimate and less persona-y (I absolutely think WC is ethereal and it’s one of my top songs from her but I just can’t relate to it lol). I think both WC and SoC, because they’re shorter songs, have much more explosive sound while VB’s is more mellow because of its length. Different strokes from different folks, I just don’t think VB deserves any slander <//3    

speaking of progressive music, I think Lana needs to ditch ‘verse chorus verse bridge chorus’ structure. if not, i wish she would add more oomph to the final choruses (something like PWYC, TBD, VB, HEROIN, even HTD)

Venice Bitch is one of Lana's best, most original and creative songs (and that's A LOT to say), and maybe the best Jack has produced ever -from what I've heard from his other works, nothing even gets near to VB-. I'm not his biggest fan -quite the opposite-, but I absolutely admire them both for what they did with this song. I'm a huge fan of prog/psychedelic rock, and this song stands as a brilliant aportation to the genre. Dont think it's the result of trying to emulate what UV was, by no means. If NFR has anything that can be called its own original sound, I think VB is the best example of that.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:09 PM, MAX DEL REY said:

The low-fi/jazzy perfection that is her cover of 'The Other Woman' is definitely underappreciated.

YES this cover is so under-loved! A gorgeous, perfect song, and her vocal delivery is just to die for

aOaIzH2.gif

im kinda concerned about the chemtrails over the country club MV being overedited and not fitting with the sound of the song (even tho i am 95% sure it will be amazing and fit the whole aesthetic but there's still that 5% chance)

On 12/21/2020 at 12:04 PM, isthishappiness said:

was getting lowkey prepared for some hate but now you just made my day:) what's your favorite nfr song?

my favorite song from nfr is definitely bartender! i also really like california and venice bitch :) 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123