Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

2 hours ago, domandapiano said:

this is one my least favorite strings of Lana tracks. :rollin:

I understand why people like them but I could never hear Salvatore, the blackest day, 24 hours, and Swan song ever again and I’d be fine. It’s why honeymoon isn’t her magnum opus for me. 

i feel the same way about the run of sad girl, pretty when you cry, money power glory, and fucked my way. The first 5 tracks of UV are perfect and then those 4 are just ordered in the complete worst order and it ruins the magic of the first half. Pretty when you cry is great but next to sad girl doesn’t impact enough and then mpg and fmwuttt are so similar and boring to me. Old money is of course legendary so it whips things back into shape. 

this is all why NFR is without a doubt my favorite Lana album as a whole. There are like 3 songs that I could do without but it’s not an entire half of the record. 

:oprah2:

41 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

carmen is a horrible song :sass:

:oprah2:

The Honeymoon cover is great.

Yes there are better alternatives but overall the only bad thing is that there is too much text on the front but it's still a gorgeous vibrant picture which captures the essence of the Honeymoon theme very well.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

Yes there are better alternatives but overall the only bad thing is that there is too much text on the front but it's still a gorgeous vibrant picture which captures the essence of the Honeymoon theme very well.

totally agree, don’t know why it gets so much hate. I think the UO cover is also great.

aOaIzH2.gif

1 hour ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I personally love it. I had no idea people hated it until I came here :horror2: I love that it's symmetric and Lana's in the middle, plus I don't mind the various fonts since there's still cohesiveness in the colour scheme. It's not an NFR situation imo, where the text is a bit distracting. Also, I agree that it captures the atmosphere of Honeymoon very well - it reminds me of a hot midsummer day. It's not my favourite cover though, but yeah I think it's cute and simple 

3 hours ago, blackestday89 said:

i can't listen to california. the song has good parts, but the melodies change too often and there is no build-up of tension.

The disjointed production really sets the mood when you’re crying over your ex though!

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

1 hour ago, Angelic Tropico said:

In what way? Like lyrically or...?

not lyrically, i guess just melody? its never really stood out to me and always felt a little cheesy

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

suppose it's fan favourite, so let me say Old Money is pretty boring to me. And I really like the underrated Guns and Roses, it's so relaxing and the bridge is beautiful ugh.

original.gif

1 hour ago, vrtvie said:

suppose it's fan favourite, so let me say Old Money is pretty boring to me.

I must say I feel quite the same these days! I used to LOVE Old Money, but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. If I was going to listen to a slow Lana ballad I'd rather listen to Video Games, Young and Beautiful, Big Eyes, I Can Fly, HIAB, Terrence Loves You..... Old Money didn't age very well imo.

Wq9zHLl.jpg

On 1/4/2021 at 2:14 AM, vrtvie said:

suppose it's fan favourite, so let me say Old Money is pretty boring to me. And I really like the underrated Guns and Roses, it's so relaxing and the bridge is beautiful ugh.

yup. it used to be my top song. it's a classic in her discography but she's made a lot more emotionally striking songs since 

sgopYhV.gif

These two are really unpopular opinions but I just could never really like Cola and Body Electric. I just find them so boring and I never got the hype over Body Electric's lyrics tbh.

And I agree Old Money for some reason just doesn't do it for me anymore.. Meth Love leaking was the nail in the coffin though because that version made Old Money pale in emotion completely. The song just feels so impersonal in comparison to all her other piano ballads. :um2:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Just now, boom like that said:

These two are really unpopular opinions I feel but I just could never really like Cola and Body Electric. I just find them so boring and I never got the hype over Body Electric's lyrics tbh.

And I agree Old Money for some reason just doesn't do it for me anymore.. Meth Love leaking was the nail in the coffin though because that version made Old Money pale in emotion completely. The song just feels so impersonal in comparison to all her other piano ballads. :um2:

3 horrible takes omg 

anyways paradise is mostly forgettable outside of ride, cola, and gods and monsters ??

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

On 1/4/2021 at 4:58 AM, Terrence Loves Me said:

not lyrically, i guess just melody? its never really stood out to me and always felt a little cheesy

it's def cheesy but that's part of what i love about it...the MELODRAMA. but it prob still wouldn't make it to my top 50 LDR songs.

aOaIzH2.gif

LFL is probably my favorite album RIGHT behind UV, like almost tied for 1st

:oopna:

the last quarter is kinda questionable (minus Get Free and Heroin)

literally everything about that album is my whole 2017. Got broken up right before Love leaked/dropped so cried constantly to it. Got back together by title track (my bf is back and he’s cooler than ever) GL is one of my fave Lana songs. The album came out on my (now ex again)’s birthday. Like :oprah2:

plus I bought the signed CD and it stayed in my car the rest of 2017 so it’ll always hold a special place in my heart and it’s not cohesive and the album photo shoots were lacking, but song wise I don’t get how so many people don’t like it 

"Don’t forget me"

14 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

literally everything about that album is my whole 2017. Got broken up right before Love leaked/dropped so cried constantly to it. Got back together by title track (my bf is back and he’s cooler than ever) GL is one of my fave Lana songs. The album came out on my (now ex again)’s birthday. Like :oprah2:

plus I bought the signed CD and it stayed in my car the rest of 2017 so it’ll always hold a special place in my heart and it’s not cohesive and the album photo shoots were lacking, but song wise I don’t get how so many people don’t like it 

even though LFL isn’t particularly my favorite, it’s so sentimental for me. Even the songs I don’t like bring back so many memories of 2017 that I can’t help but feel nostalgic listening to them.

sgopYhV.gif

13 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I wouldn't say LFL is my second favorite album far far from it actually :creep: But NFR definitely made me appreciate LFL a lot more :oop2: 13 Beaches, Cherry, Groupie Love, In My Feelings, GBA, When the world was at war, Heroin, and Get Free I really love. The rest I'm not that into but I do like the album a lot more than I did when it first came out.

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Norman Fucking Rockwell deserves all of the acclaim it gets - which I know is not an unpopular opinion outside of this site.

The album feels fresh and expansive for Lana without feeling disingenuous and it yields some of Lana's objectively best songs of her career; I'm particularly thinking of Mariners Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch, The Greatest, and Hope is a Dangerous Thing For a Woman Like Me to Have - But I Have it. 

Of course, personal taste affects how you feel about the album, but you can't deny the presence, importance, and determination of the four songs I just listed. If you love this record with all your heart like me, then you probably can speak to the other 10 songs that, in my opinion, are also amazing!

It also feels like quintessential Lana and I think that's what makes it such good music; it's comforting because it's very much true to the LDR brand but it offers a perspective that is wistful and productive in a sense! 

I also love the organic feel to the production - something about a good old piano gives the record a timeless quality, alongside some gorgeous guitars, strings, and the few heavier beats here and there. It has everything that is true to who Lana is, all while being cohesive.

<3