Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

15 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

I can't wait for this thread to eventually fully devolve into the most not unpopular opinions

Page 700: "I actually like Lana's music :bebe:"

I thought it's already been devolved into that :bebe:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

8 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

Sirens is boring as fuck i swearrrr y’all gotta be pretending to like it:wtf:

if i hated it like 'beautiful' u guys would know :true: i love sirens - it's moody and meditative and introspective and has some of her most perceptive lyrics imo. it also reminds me a lot of elliott smith's 'either/or'. think it's one of those albums that if u need it, it's urs, but it's def not for everyone obv

mUENGN9.png

Lana is really versatile when it comes to making music, yesterday I started listening to BTD in detail and then I switched to BB, I'm talking about analyzing the aesthetics of both eras and their rhythms and lyrics and wow, I could easily say that they are two totally different people. Lana has something very special and that is that she doesn't adapt to genres, rather, she adapts them to her that's why no matter if we talk about UV which is rock-ish or BTD which is more pop or Honeymoon which is Jazz-ish they all sound like Lana, maybe that's why they say her music sounds the same and we know that's not the case. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

On 2/8/2022 at 3:40 PM, Selfloathinpoet said:

Lana is really versatile when it comes to making music, yesterday I started listening to BTD in detail and then I switched to BB, I'm talking about analyzing the aesthetics of both eras and their rhythms and lyrics and wow, I could easily say that they are two totally different people. Lana has something very special and that is that she doesn't adapt to genres, rather, she adapts them to her that's why no matter if we talk about UV which is rock-ish or BTD which is more pop or Honeymoon which is Jazz-ish they all sound like Lana, maybe that's why they say her music sounds the same and we know that's not the case. 

I always thought they say her music sounds the same because of the vocals and or the slower pace of the songs. But I feel like Lana has been making an effort to switch up her vocal style with the last two albums specifically on White Dress, Beautiful, BBS, Dealer. 

3 hours ago, daphnedinkley said:

i love God Knows I Tried and 24, and i dont care for Religion and Swan Song :true:

as a person who lives for every honeymoon track including burnt norton and dlmbm i don’t know whether to be thrilled or appalled :mj3:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

On 2/6/2022 at 8:25 AM, keps2013 said:

Sirens is boring as fuck i swearrrr y’all gotta be pretending to like it:wtf:

get taste. Sirens is really good

giphy.gif

sirens is fine. i don’t think it’s really good or really bad it’s just kinda there

it’s pleasant background music when you want to listen to something without really having to pay attention to it and i appreciate it for that

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

In regards to Sirens, I find it to be mood music for me. It's not something I want to listen to all the time, but when it hits, it hits. The highlight of the album for me is Lana's lyricism.

imageproxy.jpg