Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

The Grants studio version >>> Live. The production live is great but the performance doesn’t go anywhere and just meanders. The reason I love The Grants is because the lyrics how grandiose it sounds by the end but she like skips 3/4 of the song and just sings “I’m gonna take mine of you with me” :eek: it was pretty disappointing because I was ready to hear the whole song when I was in the audience 

sgopYhV.gif

Am I only one who thinks that the first seconds intro of Swan Song is kinda similar to the intro of Queen's I Want To Break Free? I remember listening to Swan Song for the first time and I was like omfg Queen!? :oprah4:

url%5D

On 12/10/2023 at 6:05 PM, Embach said:

Am I only one who thinks that the first seconds intro of Swan Song is kinda similar to the intro of Queen's I Want To Break Free? I remember listening to Swan Song for the first time and I was like omfg Queen!? :oprah4:

lmao! I'm a huge stan for Queen but I hope I can unhear what you just said the next time I play Swan Song. I mean... IWTBF is iconic but a... rather "goofier" than song than SS is :godlaugh:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Love is being slept on by the fandom a lot. Honestly the only reason why it was kind of successful by the time it was released that it got really great promo and the Youtube algorithym made it recommend to many people (it's true, I downloaded Youtube on someone's phone and when I opened it, the first video it got recommended was Love and I blushed). Although the chart performance was kinda moderate. 

But like, I've seen people saying that Love is boring but while it's not really a song with replay value, like it's not an upbeat song with beats and such but it has a cinematic experience, one of her most beautiful music videos and the message about love and the youth, crossing the cosmic witchy and retrofuturistuc hippie thematics... honestly when I heard it for the first time, I wasn't really amazed because I kinda found it modest but later I was blown away with the thematics and it's really a heartwarming song. The lazy tempo of the song reminds me of Cigarettes After Sex songs and it marks the transition between Honeymoon and Lust For Life perfectly, like from Swan Song (I don't really count DLMBM because it's a cover) to Love, listen to the lyrics and the sound, they kinda contradict but flow within eachother perfectly, it's like a character arc or something. Just some late night thoughts...💤

url%5D

13 minutes ago, Embach said:

Love is being slept on by the fandom a lot. Honestly the only reason why it was kind of successful by the time it was released that it got really great promo and the Youtube algorithym made it recommend to many people (it's true, I downloaded Youtube on someone's phone and when I opened it, the first video it got recommended was Love and I blushed). Although the chart performance was kinda moderate. 

But like, I've seen people saying that Love is boring but while it's not really a song with replay value, like it's not an upbeat song with beats and such but it has a cinematic experience, one of her most beautiful music videos and the message about love and the youth, crossing the cosmic witchy and retrofuturistuc hippie thematics... honestly when I heard it for the first time, I wasn't really amazed because I kinda found it modest but later I was blown away with the thematics and it's really a heartwarming song. The lazy tempo of the song reminds me of Cigarettes After Sex songs and it marks the transition between Honeymoon and Lust For Life perfectly, like from Swan Song (I don't really count DLMBM because it's a cover) to Love, listen to the lyrics and the sound, they kinda contradict but flow within eachother perfectly, it's like a character arc or something. Just some late night thoughts...💤

Love was my favorite lana song for years:wub:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

14 minutes ago, Embach said:

When LFL first came out Love was the song I listened to the least. I thought the music video was fantastic but the song just didn’t grab me, I have no idea why. Maybe because I liked to see myself through Lana’s world and words and I felt like that song kind of shattered my illusion that I was the main character in her songs LMAOO 

but NOW I absolutely adore it. Idk what changed, but Love gives me the absolute best feeling. It’s so good 

On 12/12/2023 at 3:08 PM, Embach said:

Love is being slept on by the fandom a lot. 

love is so beautiful. 

i love the full circle moment she does in the first verse and the last chorus. she's goes from reminiscing about her youthful days and telling kids that they've got it good because they're young and in love, to realizing that she is young and in love. the world is so obsessed with seeing teenage youth as the peak of one's life, and that can be far from the truth. when i'm in my 30s, i hope i don't spend it longing for younger days, but rather set out to make memories and connections that my younger self would long for. anyway, i was genuinely surprised by the way most of the fandom talks about love. sure it's not the most sonically interesting but the lyrics are so dreamy, almost nostalgic :wub:

violets in your eyes

I always thought she could’ve done such a cute music video for Bartender instead of that one with the ugly vintage 8mm filter.  Every time I listen to it I imagine her driving in Malibu, surfing and swimming, something very natural yet well done, and showing her day to day  life, which I love to see glimpses of. And then by the night, she just goes out with her besties and meets non famous men, all trying to hide from the paparazzi’s. Ugh I just love this song and always imagine these scenarios. :trisha:

19 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Lana hasn’t had a GREAT music video since Paradise era

I 100% agree. They always lack something or just feel rushed. Candy Necklace was pretty close to perfect for me and I actually loved the strong concept behind it.

So many missed opportunities like with…

- Music To Watch Boys To

- Freak

- Love 

- Lust For Life

- White Mustang 

- All of NFR! videos expect Doin’ Time and FIILY/TG

- White Dress 

- Blue Banisters 

White Dress could have been fantastic had it not been a body double and the weird snack bar shots. I just want to see her skating through the desert 

On 12/12/2023 at 8:21 PM, taco truck said:

Love was my favorite lana song for years:wub:

A great song. Another unpopular opinion but I love the LFL album.

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.

5 hours ago, taco truck said:

Lana hasn’t had a GREAT music video since Paradise era

4 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I 100% agree. They always lack something or just feel rushed. Candy Necklace was pretty close to perfect for me and I actually loved the strong concept behind it.

So many missed opportunities like with…

- Music To Watch Boys To

- Freak

- Love 

- Lust For Life

- White Mustang 

- All of NFR! videos expect Doin’ Time and FIILY/TG

- White Dress 

- Blue Banisters 

White Dress could have been fantastic had it not been a body double and the weird snack bar shots. I just want to see her skating through the desert 

First I disagreed with the first post, then I read this and agreed.

Although i loved what we got from Ultraviolence, there was still the change from the original Ultraviolence video (recycling it for Freak really watered it down), the PWYC video never coming through, etc. I think that after Paradise, "missed opportunities" have been SO reoccurring and it shows because theres always something missing. Scrapping Best American Record and getting it replaced with White Mustang was also a big loss.