Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I'm getting tired of yee yee country girl Lana. I know she had this whole folk/country schtick during her Lizzy Grant days but it felt more ironic back then. It was different. Like the exaggerated southern drawl she used on Mermaid Motel or in Trash Magic. Singing about Christmas lights on trailers and stuff. It was camp. I miss that. 

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

coachella - woodstock in my mind is so underrated and overhated omg...

:true:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

I genuinely can't tell if the people who say the rapping in Playground is good are being ironic or not :blush3:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

57 minutes ago, Blue Ribbon said:

I genuinely can't tell if the people who say the rapping in Playground is good are being ironic or not :blush3:

I think it's good in a "it's fun and catchier than you expect" way but not good if you're comparing it to the skills of actual/real rappers. 

9 hours ago, mermaidsparkle said:

I'm getting tired of yee yee country girl Lana. I know she had this whole folk/country schtick during her Lizzy Grant days but it felt more ironic back then. It was different. Like the exaggerated southern drawl she used on Mermaid Motel or in Trash Magic. Singing about Christmas lights on trailers and stuff. It was camp. I miss that. 

Im laughing because she's literally the same y'all just want coquette trailer girl back not this authentic trailer girl she always been!! :trisha3:

7 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Im laughing because she's literally the same y'all just want coquette trailer girl back not this authentic trailer girl she always been!! :trisha3:

Nope, nothing to do with "coquette". If you don't get the difference between the fun, camp "I work as a waitress at a diner and live in a trailer that I decorate with streamers and lights and plastic flamingos and Jesus is my bestest friend" version of Lana and the current "I ride horses and John Deere tractors and wear cowboy boots YEE HAW" version, that sounds like a you problem. 

Just now, mermaidsparkle said:

Nope, nothing to do with "coquette". If you don't get the difference between the fun, camp "I work as a waitress at a diner and live in a trailer that I decorate with streamers and lights and plastic flamingos and Jesus is my bestest friend" version of Lana and the current "I ride horses and John Deere tractors and wear cowboy boots YEE HAW" version, that sounds like a you problem. 

these are literally the same type of person, just more mature :trisha3:

11 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

these are literally the same type of person, just more mature :trisha3:

They're really not the same. I literally grew up in a Trailer Park. You think there aren’t women in their 30s and 40s living there? That they all move out to the farm/ horse ranch and start dressing like cowgirls as soon as they get “mature" enough or something?

15 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Ok, songs like Take Me Home are nice, but what's the challenge? Everything seems more routine lately. She has to push her limits again and show us what she is really capable of.

I agree. I don't see her pushing her limits anytime soon though, she's comfortable and I think she wants to stay there. 

You're right it's going to lead to her music sounding more routine though. The comfort zone is the great enemy to creativity.