Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I love ride, even its music video. I can't understand why you don't like that song... I think it's my favourite of her.

I don't like the HBTB video, I was really disappointed when I saw that, I can't understand the connection with the song and, I don't know I was expecting something bigger since James Nava worked at it, compared to his other work (Shades of blue) HBTB is nothing

tumblr_ncf5qwtL1C1tktqnpo1_500.giftumblr_nn0o28ngn21u6a0a7o1_500.gif

I'm gonna be using a fan made cover for Honeymoon (as guilty as that makes me feel)… 

Don't be I'll be doing the same tbh :toofunny:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I can't understand the connection with the song

I think the lover she's singing about it also the media "I never bought into your bullshit when you would pay tribute to me" would be the media praising her and then shitting on her.

Or like the "I wish I was dead already" comment she says it was taken out of context and the reporter was praising her and making her believe he was a fan when really he was out to get her

Oh and also, remember James Franco's interview about lana?

She has this idea for a film. I want to do it because it’s a little like Sunset Boulevard. A woman is alone in a big house in L.A. She doesn’t want to go out. She starts to go crazy, and becomes paranoid because she feels like people are watching her. Even in her own house. It’s like an awesome B-movie that lives in Lana’s head. It’s about her, and it’s not about her. Just like her music.

I think the lover she's singing about it also the media "I never bought into your bullshit when you would pay tribute to me" would be the media praising her and then shitting on her.

I agree. I think she personified the media as a lover. Obviously you can't really write a lead single saying "fuck you, articles, reviews, critics, paparrazi, etc. I hate you!" because no one would really relate to it. So she personifies the media as a lover because that way lots of people can relate to the song and it can be lead single material for the GP to hear. She tries to make it sound like the song is about a boy, but really it's about the media, who is her lover in a way, because there are positives about the media, and obviously, without it, she wouldn't be able to be doing what she is doing today, but at the same time, the media is an enemy to her, because of all the negativity/criticism it's brought into her life, plus her invasion of privacy. She kind of has a love-hate relationship with the media, and that's why in the video she's seen approaching the helicopter at the window and posing (because a part of her loves the attention and the fame) but by the end, she's fed up of all the side-effects of being involved in the media (and therefore she shoots the helicopter down).

Anyway, I think I'm rambling on a bit and my words are a bit jumbled, but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

I like the standard cover for Honeymoon more than the UO cover. Lana looks really comfortable and happy and I think the cover might be a really good representation of the style/mood the instrumentals are going to have. Think of UV. The cover was pretty dark and so were the instrumentals for that album (and the lyrics, but that's standard Lana). The cover for Honeymoon gives me the idea that the instrumentals will be quite laid back and relaxing.

I've had enough with the BTD hate. When will it stop? It’s unbelievable. What’s so wrong about being this era’s stan? It was perfect in every way possible. Physical releases, TV performances, promo, the album itself, photoshoots.

I hate how people relate every sad love song she does to Barrie. I doubt any track apart from Black Beauty, Flipside and is This Happiness was fully about him. Good chances he also was an ifnluence for Cruel World and Shades Of Cool (even though he doesn't fit the bad boy archetype at all) but I guess that's it.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I've had enough with the BTD hate. When will it stop? It’s unbelievable. What’s so wrong about being this era’s stan? It was perfect in every way possible. Physical releases, TV performances, promo, the album itself, photoshoots.

THANK YOU ! And I'm so tired of people saying "BTD / Paradise fans are 14 year old idiots" blablabla ... No I'm not, I'm a 23 year old male and Born To Die was the most innovative record I had heard in a LONG time. Everything was on point and I was mesmerized : the way she burst on the scene was captivating, the universe she created for herself was nothing like anything I had ever witnessed before, her voice was very peculiar, her looks were so gorgeous, the alliance of lush instruments with hard hip hop beats was SO good, her esthetics were immaculate, her vision complete ... I could probably go on for a while but you get the idea. 

Don't get me wrong, I like UV and I'll probably enjoy Honeymoon as well, since she never disappoints, but I'm sick and tired of people mocking others for their preference towards those first two albums. 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

THANK YOU ! And I'm so tired of people saying "BTD / Paradise fans are 14 year old idiots" blablabla ... No I'm not, I'm a 23 year old male and Born To Die was the most innovative record I had heard in a LONG time. Everything was on point and I was mesmerized : the way she burst on the scene was captivating, the universe she created for herself was nothing like anything I had ever witnessed before, her voice was very peculiar, her looks were so gorgeous, the alliance of lush instruments with hard hip hop beats was SO good, her esthetics were immaculate, her vision complete ... I could probably go on for a while but you get the idea. 

Don't get me wrong, I like UV and I'll probably enjoy Honeymoon as well, since she never disappoints, but I'm sick and tired of people mocking others for their preference towards those first two albums. 

Thank YOU  :gclap:

From what I can see, BTD stans hold the album over Lana's head. Everything that comes out regarding her (photoshoots, songs, album covers as you mentioned) is endlessly compared to BTD. Obviously BTD was a successful album for her and gained her a lot of loyal fans, it's when I even discovered her, but it's like she can't do anything without people complaining they wished it was still that era. 

It reminds me of this post I found on tumblr:

9O0R3in.png