Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't know how I feel about Lust For Life. 

The songs on it that I like (Heroin, Cherry, Love, Lust For Life, White Mustang, God Bless America, While The World Was at War), I absolutely love. While the songs on it that I hate (Beautiful People, Groupie Love, Summer Bummer, Tomorrow Never Came), I think are the worst she's ever commercially released.

giphy.gif

So I know that everyone is very over talking about her cosmetic enhancements but pls bear with me. 

Consider that we have this murky backstory about her dabbling in drugs/addiction to drugs prior to her fame...

Could it be that the drugs thinned out her face, and the fillers are in place to return her face to normalcy as opposed to enhancement ? ... this being why she is reluctant to talk about it? i.e. bringing up bad memories

I apologise if you didn't want to read about this, but i've just been listening to Heroin allot and it got me thinking. 

Lana was pretty much confirmed a speed freak by that dude who shit talked her on Twitter. Amphetamines (including methamphetamine) fucks up the face and makes you age because of its effect on cells, so that could be part of why she gets work done.

But I doubt Lana did heroin, and even if she did, heroin doesn't do the same damage to the face. The main facial damage it does is to the teeth (a quadruple whammy: it weakens the structure of the teeth making them prone to breaks, cracks, and cavities, it creates dry mouth which accelerates cavity production, it causes grinding which slowly damages teeth, and it damages gums which makes teeth loose and fall out spontaneously). The reason why the faces of heroin addicts sometimes go to shit is because they're not actively taking care of themselves. If a heroin addict also took care of their face (washing, moisturizing), their faces would be fine. The same cannot be said for a meth addict, their faces would always be fucked.

giphy.gif

Lana was pretty much confirmed a speed freak by that dude who shit talked her on Twitter. Amphetamines (including methamphetamine) fucks up the face and makes you age because of its effect on cells, so that could be part of why she gets work done.

But I doubt Lana did heroin, and even if she did, heroin doesn't do the same damage to the face. The main facial damage it does is to the teeth (a quadruple whammy: it weakens the structure of the teeth making them prone to breaks, cracks, and cavities, it creates dry mouth which accelerates cavity production, it causes grinding which slowly damages teeth, and it damages gums which makes teeth loose and fall out spontaneously). The reason why the faces of heroin addicts sometimes go to shit is because they're not actively taking care of themselves. If a heroin addict also took care of their face (washing, moisturizing), their faces would be fine. The same cannot be said for a meth addict, their faces would always be fucked.

Yeah, I was thinking about drugs in general when listening to Heroine. Amphetamines does make sense. (Carmen)

Who was this guy that talked shit? Where can I find this? Cheers.

I feel like it's an album she made to please everyone else. Not just the fans but the media, critics etc. Even if it's not obvious but I too get the vibe that Lana isn't that connected to it.

lol, as if lana would do anything that she didn't want to do at this point. she said it herself in the pitchfork interview, she only cares about her own opinion. 

let me be who i'm meant to be

Yeah, I was thinking about drugs in general when listening to Heroine. Amphetamines does make sense. (Carmen)

Who was this guy that talked shit? Where can I find this? Cheers.

I can't find the screencaps of the twitter rant, but the dude from the Born To Die video called her a speed fairy and shit talked her. And dude's girlfriend/wife (can't remember which) confirmed it was about her.

ViIbDCP.png

giphy.gif

So I know that everyone is very over talking about her cosmetic enhancements but pls bear with me.

Consider that we have this murky backstory about her dabbling in drugs/addiction to drugs prior to her fame...

Could it be that the drugs thinned out her face, and the fillers are in place to return her face to normalcy as opposed to enhancement ? ... this being why she is reluctant to talk about it? i.e. bringing up bad memories

I apologise if you didn't want to read about this, but i've just been listening to Heroin allot and it got me thinking.

This could be true actually..If you compare her may jailer days with her lizzy grant days that she was super skinny..

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Lust for Life is her worst album. :crai:

Honeymoon says hello.

I love every song off Born To Die exactly the way it is, final versions over demos, and they don't deserve to be dragged the way they are sometimes

Truth

True. But the Ultraviolence stans on this forum will never admit it.  :hooker:

AGREED.

Body Electric is t r a s h

I hated it since it came out. Never understood the hype.

I'm tired of Cruel World being an opener for her shows.

I always skip it on Ultraviolence. It's not that I don't like it, idk, it's just so long and I never feel motivated to get through it.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore