Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

People who say BTD is overproduced and mainstream are missing the point. She's perfect the way she is

Β 

I never really understood that critique tbh? Like granted it's a slick pop record and maybe there are certain moments the production is a tad overpowering. But like all this criticism about the album came after Lana released her other albums (especially 'Ultraviolence' which was just drastically different sonically speaking). It's all in hindsight.Β 

Β 

'Born To Die' is iconic. Period.

Also about 'Born To Die', the only thing that didn't age well about 'Born To Die' are some of its lyrics. The production is alright. Emile Haynie and the others did great on here. The goosebumps I still get when I put 'Radio' on prove that to me.

i just watched that Marilyn Manson "lana del rape" video in full for the first time...

Β 

who approved this? why did lana agree to do this? i have sooo many questions lmaoooooo

Β 

i really just prefer to pretend it doesn't exist. i have no idea what she was going for with this, but considering she likes to play the whole sexy but submissive kink image, the fact that she does a r*pe scene makes it seem like she conflates the twoΒ  :ohno:Β  :ohno:Β  :ohno:Β  its a yikes from me

Β 157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

i've said this before and i'll say it again i am terrified of the queen of hearts snippet it makes me want to cry its so LOUD and STARTLING and the out of key musicmafia tag it's just hell on audio let's never leak that one

i've said this before and i'll say it again i am terrified of the queen of hearts snippet it makes me want to cry its so LOUD and STARTLING and the out of key musicmafia tag it's just hell on audio let's never leak that one

Wait I need that one leaked. She was about to have a 2013 Miley moment with that one smh.

Also about 'Born To Die', the only thing that didn't age well about 'Born To Die' are some of its lyrics. The production is alright. Emile Haynie and the others did great on here. The goosebumps I still get when I put 'Radio' on prove that to me.

Β 

What lyrics do you think didn't age well?Β 

Is it the controversial situation around them? Or that they sound immature?

Β 

Jw, cause I think BTD has some of her best lyrics, but definitely not as much as Honeymoon and Paradise which pretty much are in their entirety.Β 

What lyrics do you think didn't age well?Β 

Is it the controversial situation around them? Or that they sound immature?

Β 

Jw, cause I think BTD has some of her best lyrics, but definitely not as much as Honeymoon and Paradise which pretty much are in their entirety.Β 

Β 

i'm not the person you're asking but i'd say the lyrics sounding immature is the aspect that doesn't age well. some of them are really good like off to the races but some of them sound like a middle schoolers diary like dark paradiseΒ 

i'm not the person you're asking but i'd say the lyrics sounding immature is the aspect that doesn't age well. some of them are really good like off to the races but some of them sound like a middle schoolers diary like dark paradiseΒ 

Β 

Woah I just had a massive deja vu like I swear I have spoken to either you or MXDH about this before.Β 

Not sure if it's true or just the caffeine but in any case ...

Β 

I agree, if I'm understanding your definition of immaturity right. it's very obvious that BTD was still connected to the Lizzy Grant style of lyrics. I love it for that but I must say I'm not wanting more of it at all, in the same way I'm wanting more of the Paradise storytelling or the UV/HM emotional intensity.Β 

BTD lyrics are very 'of their time', and I like it like that- frozen in 2011Β  :teehee:

Β 

tbh except for the weird piece of me sounding intro the verse doesn't sound all too crazy for a lana outtake

Β i76mrxw.pngΒ 

I think a lot of people here love demos and unreleased songs too much, when many of them are meh or just ok. It’s the FOMO factor or « The one that got awayΒ Β» idΓ©alisation. Don’t get me wrong: some demos are really good and some leaks are excellent, but to brand almost each leak as « better than half of LFL or NFRΒ Β» is often plain stupid. And about LFL, if she had released the demos as official songs like many wishes she had, that album would have been called a snooze fest, the same way HM was called that for being too dreamy.

99% of her unreleased stuff is pure trash and people pretend to like them to seem edgy

Β 

agreed. some of the lyrics on those tracks are so dumb i almost actually roll my eyes. i think its just the aspect of feeling like you're looking into lanas past and learning more about her as a person that makes the leaks so intriguingΒ 

Sometimes I am shocked by you saying NFR lyrics are weak or uninspired... Just because there are not many flowery tumblr cringe shit lyrics she used to write doesnt mean it's bad or less poetic. Mariners Apartment Complex is so true and powerful, How To Disappear is heartbreaking, the metaphor in Happyness is splendid and Hope is so touching. Just because they are simpler doesnt mean they're bad, in fact I think they are more genuine and they hit right home.

07772f16031f371bb19c2650cab67790a3966c6d