Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

32 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

Lust for Life has never been as bad as it's made out to be. Like, don't even tell me an album with that final three track run + 13 Beaches, Groupie Love, and Cherry (also TNC imo but that's debatable i guess) is bad :headache:

i also think TNC is amazing ur not alone :kiss3:

4 hours ago, Thunder said:

Yeah, if Lust for Life didn't have those three or four cringe songs in the middle of the album (IMF, Coachella, WTWWAW and GBA (to a lesser extent, I would have still kept this one), and included Roses Bloom For You, Yosemite + Best American Record, it would be one of her best

IMO I wish side C didn't exist. IMF and Coachella are kinda cringe but they at least have a good vibe. I don't always care about the lyrics. It's cringy in a BTD kind of way but not too cringe for me not to enjoy it. This is the album where she started with the painfully long titles and I'm not having it. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

1 minute ago, DCooper said:

It blows my mind that some people don't like WTWWAW, it's easily one of the best tracks on Lust for Life :true:

It confuses me that people in general prefer the first half of LFL, I definitely prefer the second half it’s like some of her best work! 

sgopYhV.gif

19 hours ago, DCooper said:

It blows my mind that some people don't like WTWWAW, it's easily one of the best tracks on Lust for Life :true:

it's the gunshot sounds for me. i can imagine her throwing air guns to the wind.

I feel like Paradise does not get the recognition it deserves (I've definitely been guilty of this too). I was listening to it earlier today, after a while of not hearing it, and it's a literal masterpiece. People seem to rank it lower due to length, and I think that if it was considered to be an album instead of an EP it would be in peoples' top 3. 

2 minutes ago, 400lux said:

hope is a dangerous thing is easily the best song on nfr :legend: 

and venice bitch is highly overrated and although her long songs are normally her best i can only stand the 3 min edit of VB 

i was going to like ur post until i read the second part….. :awkney: delusion

2 hours ago, littlestarfever said:

it's the gunshot sounds for me. i can imagine her throwing air guns to the wind.

About WTWWAW:
You're thinking of God Bless America (and all the beautiful ...), where gunshots in the chorus make a perfect sardonic sense. However, the gun-cocking sounds in Love on the other hand, very sinister. I'm thinking there's a sniper in every love song.

I really wish Nectar of The Gods got reworked instead of Thunder:trisha: 
has anyone made a version with drums before?

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

2 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

I really wish Nectar of The Gods got reworked instead of Thunder:trisha: 
has anyone made a version with drums before?

Imagine a NOTG final for Ultraviolence... like how most Dan Auerbach album tracks were originally produced by other people before he reworked them :dua:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

it drives me bonkers when lana fans ask for 2.0s of albums we already have:bye: like i personally would prefer a NEW and FRESH sound

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

1 minute ago, keps2013 said:

it drives me bonkers when lana fans ask for 2.0s of albums we already have:bye: like i personally would prefer a NEW and FRESH sound

Same, it's one of my Lana fan pet peeves :shh: Like, why are you asking for Ultraviolence 2.0 or Honeymoon 2.0 when we could get a whole new sound from Lana?? 

imageproxy.jpg