Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

1 hour ago, keps2013 said:

it drives me bonkers when lana fans ask for 2.0s of albums we already have:bye: like i personally would prefer a NEW and FRESH sound

acapella

non-jack antonoff folk

ambient synths

upbeat rock + guitar (not like the slow sludgy guitars of ultraviolence)

straight up jazz band

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

I feel like at this point there’s hardly an unpopular Lana opinion. Everyone seems so divided on everything already. 

mine: honeymoon is good but it’s also a bit boring at times and  people who complain about her new stuff being boring while hailing honeymoon as the magnum opus of the world tickle me. I do enjoy the production of the first half of the record quite a bit, but the more bombastic moments near the end of the album mostly whiff for me. If I never heard any of the songs past Burnt Norton again it wouldn’t upset me too much. 

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

LMLYLAW is actually a really cute song and that bridge is in her top 10/15  :gasp:

LMLYLAW will be appreciated one day for sure. It's got such a peaceful vibe, it fills me with sunshine.

i'm just gonna post this here and then pretend this never happened:

replace every minion / minion reference with coachella and this is essentially my relationship with that song - it's irrational as fuck but it just makes me see red it's so bad

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Just now, avenue said:

replace every minion / minion reference with coachella and this is essentially my relationship with that song - it's irrational as fuck but it just makes me see red it's so bad

One of my favorite developments on this site is watching your Coachella hatred unfold. Your dedication is unmatched :true:

imageproxy.jpg

1 minute ago, avenue said:

that song makes me want to rip my head off :true:

4 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

tomorrow never came is the best song on lust for life :true: the bridge "isn't life crazy? i said, now that i'm singing with sean" is SO mood-boosting 

im a TNC stan. i think its so sweet n moody. it has a classic vibe thats just unmatched by any other song on lfl. if u told me it was a cover of a famous song from the 60s, id believe u. :grinds:

so after listening to ULTRAVIOLENCE - i was not a fan of FLORIDA KILOS. :smh: i much prefer GUNS & ROSES. Black Beauty demo version was better - paul brought nothing different than a standard rock ballad. nowels original piano work was much better suited for the track.

old money made me shed a tear after the first verse/chorus. 

sad girl i can listen to all day - now i want to POUT and say I'M A SAD BOY. might get a this tattooed. :biblio:

brooklyn baby and money power glory are highlights. 

flipside is going to be my new get ready to photograph song alongside freak. 

dans work on this album reminded me a lot of turn blue album which was not my favorite however the sound worked better for this album/lizzies album. 

Coachella is actually one of my favourites from LFL. It's in my top 5 from this album:trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 4/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, littlestarfever said:

so after listening to ULTRAVIOLENCE - i was not a fan of FLORIDA KILOS. :smh: i much prefer GUNS & ROSES. Black Beauty demo version was better - paul brought nothing different than a standard rock ballad. nowels original piano work was much better suited for the track.

Guns And Roses gets a lot of hate but it's such a beautiful relaxing song.

Florida Kilos is iconic though so that hurts to read. :paris:

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible