Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Just now, Venice Peach said:

But Chemtrails is right thereย :icant:

But it's obviously mostly made up of NFR scraps though. It was still a cute, humble record though.ย :die:

15 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

literally cannot believe she put In My Feelings on LFL but not Yosemite or Architecture (which is much better than TNBAR)

Wait a real unpopular opinion I love both to death but prefer TNBAR to Architecture.ย I much preferย the newer lyrics (the chorus is so sexy) and the "Eagles down in Malibu" addition and I like how it changes the meaning of the song

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I agree except NFR. Itโ€™s cohesive to me except for maybeย Doin Time which feels out of place in the tracklisting.

ย 

LFL, Chemtrails, and BB all feel like they donโ€™t have a solid vision to me. She has clusters of cohesive songs on each album, but overall they all feel a lot less organized and less strategic compared to AKA, BTD, UV, and HM.ย 

doin' time's placement has always bothered me!ย i can't deal w the sudden transition to her softest song on the album (besides hope). personally think it would work best between how to disappear and california + act as a sort of intermission

mUENGN9.png

3 minutes ago, lanaislatina said:

born to die aged horribly

tumblr-6f5e5a50fec1ee1cc1ad0c830ab3c861-

It still sounds fresh and vibrant to me

5 minutes ago, lanaislatina said:

born to die aged horribly

tumblr-6f5e5a50fec1ee1cc1ad0c830ab3c861-

i wouldn't necessarily say it aged horribly but it certainly sounds like 2012 (which i don't personally think is a bad thing) while ultraviolence & honeymoon sound practically timeless tbh

blue jeans aged horribly though ausihiu12n31mnjk,ad;da['pj`

ย 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

If COTCC had more etheral production in line with the title track and TJF i would absolutely get around it more. The folk after folk and piano after pianoย done by Jack just doesnt hit. The title trackย feels trulyย experimental to me, and actually goes well with how Jack describes his style. That song ripplesย through my spirit and makes me feel free for real. Most of the rest of the album is boring bar music to me, sorry, iย said it.

1 hour ago, Ultra Violet said:

If COTCC had more etheral production in line with the title track and TJF i would absolutely get around it more. The folk after folk and piano after pianoย done by Jack just doesnt hit. The title trackย feels trulyย experimental to me, and actually goes well with how Jack describes his style. That song ripplesย through my spirit and makes me feel free for real. Most of the rest of the album is boring bar music to me, sorry, iย said it.

I go from White Dress to Chemtrails then straight to Blue Banisters..

i actually don't mind the singer/songwriter route she's been going with since nfr;ย she's great at ballads and blue banisters is in her top 4 of albums. people just need to let go and accept that we're never going to get another born to die or ultraviolence (as much as i would die for it) due to the fact that she's in her mid 30s and those albums are very heavy in terms of depressed youthful angst and she's now a happy grown woman (if that makes sense).

200.gif

๐˜ช ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ซ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ด

Iโ€™m sick of her music to be honest. I know this new album will just be another singer-songwriter album and I canโ€™t deal with another crappy album like that. Enough is enough! Actually, I hate to say it but had this album leaked after it was stolen from her car, we may have gotten something else with a different direction. Disappointing.

12 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Iโ€™m sick of her music to be honest. I know this new album will just be another singer-songwriter album and I canโ€™t deal with another crappy album like that. Enough is enough! Actually, I hate to say it but had this album leaked after it was stolen from her car, we may have gotten something else with a different direction. Disappointing.

But you don't know that yet. Maybe it really is a good album like BoZ says. His favorite album is UV so there's hopeย :party:

I agree that she can't stay in this rambly piano song lane forever though.ย I mean she canย but it'sย getting a little stale.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey,ย you makeย me feel I'm invincible

27 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

A singer-songwriter album by a singer-songwriter, who would expect that? :whoopi: