Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Justin Parker's Demo of Radio should've been the version on BTD. It was the one she performed to in late 2011 and it just fits the vibe of the song so well. :true:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

16 minutes ago, For K said:

Justin Parker's Demo of Radio should've been the version on BTD. It was the one she performed to in late 2011 and it just fit's the vibe of the song so well. :true:

that version is so cute but idk if it fits the album that well

gEqP.gif

On 12/18/2022 at 7:05 AM, longtimeman said:

I've always thought this too - I can't see the connection.

On the other hand, two good friends of mine are big Lana fans, but aren't part of online discourse. They both only heard Lorde  years after knowing the LDR collection back to front, and laughed at me at how much she sounds like she's trying to be Lana, so it's not just because of online LDR fans deciding it's true.

On 12/18/2022 at 6:53 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

Lorde sounds nothing like Lana :agree:

you two need to listen to early lorde more-

she obviously was inspired lyrically and sonically during PH-

“Baby be the class clown I’ll be the beauty queen” 

the hip hop beats and low,husky vocals.

Royals even being inspired by national anthem lyrics-albeit subverted to mock those who flaunt wealth.

solar power being tropical NFR aswell fits in.

My controversial opinion is that Lana is this generations Madonna influence wise-

no one is touching her from the 10s in this regard-man or woman alike- we’ve got articles of Jamaican reggae artists citing her as their biggest influence fgs.

there would be no Billie, no Lorde, no Taylor-hell who knows if charli xcx would be as successful fanbase wise without this forum.

All of these artists would likely still exist but their career directions would be vastly different-she’s helped shape the industry.

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

you two need to listen to early lorde more-

she obviously was inspired lyrically and sonically during PH-

“Baby be the class clown I’ll be the beauty queen” 

the hip hop beats and low,husky vocals.

Royals even being inspired by national anthem lyrics-albeit subverted to mock those who flaunt wealth.

solar power being tropical NFR aswell fits in.

Also: 

Gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Bloodstains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room
We don't care
We're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like
Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash

Is a complete copy of: 

Swimmin' pool glimmerin', darling
White bikini off with my red nail polish
Watch me in the swimmin' pool, bright blue ripples
You sittin', sippin' on your Black Cristal, oh, yeah

Likes to watch me in the glass room, bathroom, Château Marmont
Slippin' on my red dress, puttin' on my makeup
Glass room, perfume, cognac, lilac fumes
Says it feels like heaven to him

It’s the same melody and both are just listing luxurious things. Even some words are similar in both parts – Cristal & bathroom. Island is used many times in OTTR (Rikers Island, Queen of Coney Island) and tigers appear in the BTD music video. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

1 hour ago, cherrytropico said:

Also: 

Gold teeth, Grey Goose, trippin' in the bathroom
Bloodstains, ball gowns, trashin' the hotel room
We don't care
We're driving Cadillacs in our dreams
But everybody's like
Cristal, Maybach, diamonds on your timepiece
Jet planes, islands, tigers on a gold leash

Is a complete copy of: 

Swimmin' pool glimmerin', darling
White bikini off with my red nail polish
Watch me in the swimmin' pool, bright blue ripples
You sittin', sippin' on your Black Cristal, oh, yeah

Likes to watch me in the glass room, bathroom, Château Marmont
Slippin' on my red dress, puttin' on my makeup
Glass room, perfume, cognac, lilac fumes
Says it feels like heaven to him

It’s the same melody and both are just listing luxurious things. Even some words are similar in both parts – Cristal & bathroom. Island is used many times in OTTR (Rikers Island, Queen of Coney Island) and tigers appear in the BTD music video. 

We really don’t talk enough how about this, though lana handled the situation very immaturely considering lorde was a teen-some of this borders on plagiarism more than Halsey even+ the constant label pr that lorde was better than Lana 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

We really don’t talk enough how about this, though lana handled the situation very immaturely considering lorde was a teen-some of this borders on plagiarism more than Halsey even+ the constant label pr that lorde was better than Lana 

yeah if it was me i would’ve started beef with a teenager 😹 would’ve tweeted “@Lorde Mimicking me is a fucking bore xx”

9 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

yeah if it was me i would’ve started beef with a teenager 😹 would’ve tweeted “@Lorde Mimicking me is a fucking bore xx”

I love doing lyrical analysis on that song-the fact she flickers between being lorde/the music industry in the song “I’m a dragon, you’re a whore don’t even know what you’re good for” then to Lana “mimicking mes a fucking bore to me babe” epic tbh.

the fact that y’all, and Lana, got so pressed over a minor blowing up in a genre Lana “owned” is goofy as fuck LMAO. Lana calling a 15 year old a whore is as cringy as her one sided beef with lady gaga

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

27 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

okay do you actually believe that Halsey seriously plagiarized Sky fucking Ferreira or are you trolling because................... it's obvious with Lorde and Lana but i need CLEAR evidence with Halsey

I don't think Lana's issue with Lorde was mainly that she "copied" her or whatever it was more about the fact that she stated that her music was a bad influence :wtf3:

She also shaded a lot of other artists just as she blew up. She has always been an annoying pretentious person :judgingu3:

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, letterblue said:

okay do you actually believe that Halsey seriously plagiarized Sky fucking Ferreira or are you trolling because................... it's obvious with Lorde and Lana but i need CLEAR evidence with Halsey

I think they meant Lana not Sky? New Americana & National Anthem 

I’m not going to @ but some of you are going over the top- you can perform the same genre without there being very obvious  structural similarities- if you had read the post Lana clearly wasn’t calling lorde a “whore”.

I like a lot of Lordes music so I am being objective as possible here- yes I meant Halsey with Lana- the borrowing of biggie smalls and nirvana line comes to mind along with NA/New americana

You played me Biggie Smalls, and then my first Nirvana song

Raised on Biggie and Nirvana

her sudden “reading” of the great gatsby and Lolita at age 7-https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/halsey-the-weeknd-drugs-badlands-billboard-feature-6671107/amp/

13 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’m not going to @ but some of you are going over the top- you can perform the same genre without there being very obvious  structural similarities- if you had read the post Lana clearly wasn’t calling lorde a “whore”.

I like a lot of Lordes music so I am being objective as possible here- yes I meant Halsey with Lana- the borrowing of biggie smalls and nirvana line comes to mind along with NA/New americana

You played me Biggie Smalls, and then my first Nirvana song

Raised on Biggie and Nirvana

her sudden “reading” of the great gatsby and Lolita at age 7-https://www.billboard.com/music/pop/halsey-the-weeknd-drugs-badlands-billboard-feature-6671107/amp/

Go to 1:01 of New Americana 

And then 2:39 of National Anthem 

Same melody :thumb3:

Also “They're Monaco and Hamptons bound“ + “Take me to the Hamptons, Bugatti Veyron”

at the end of the day, it's pretty obvious that lana's had a huge impact on the music industry, many artists would simply not be, or would be completely different artists without her influence, i just find it disappointing that she doesn't get the credit she deserves, some of today's biggest artists, such as billie eilish and taylor swift are inspired by her and probably wouldn't be the same artists/wouldn't be as big if lana wasn't around, obviously they've talked about how much they enjoy her music, but as a whole, she isn't credited for being the literal blueprint of today's soundscape, there's so many things that can be traced back to her, i don't think there's anything wrong with taking inspiration from her, but when you act like it's entirely original, or don't give credit where credit is due, it just comes off as really tacky 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123