Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

High By The Beach is one of her worst songs and such an awful introduction to Honeymoon. It sounds like a parody of herself. It's super generic and the only people who love that song are the same ones who think that Born To Die and Summertime Sadness are hee best songs. The video sucks too. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

The thing I liked most about High By the Beach was that it followed the Honeymoon title-track release the month before (which was not an official single, it seems), thereby giving critics a kind of artistic whiplash about what to expect from the album release. It really didn't matter how good the song was, given it was something designed to be unexpected; however, I did warm up to it on multiple listens (and Lizzy/AKA references in the song were a plus).

And Ride deserved the grammy for best country song of its year, IMUO (although Kacey Musgrave's et. al. pessimistic/anti-natalist classic "Merry go round", which won that year, would have provided stiff competition).  Probably, the video for Ride being so anti-country (or maybe it was so-on point "real" country, idk) prevented nomination from occurring to anybody in the "industry" at that time. 

4 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

If you've listened to all her unreleased material, you know that her best songs (but not all of them) are on the albums, and none of them are mediocre.

i'm not sure if this is even unpopular (assuming you count AKA as an album)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

4 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm not sure if this is even unpopular (assuming you count AKA as an album)

I have to say that I haven't thought about the demos, of which I haven't heard them all yet, but I think there are some that surpass the album songs.

11 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

Bel air and American are her only mediocre songs before 2017

Gurl are u fucking INSANE?

BEL AIR IS ONE OF HER BEST SONGS EVER, I TRULY WISH IT PLAYS AT MY FUNERAL. MA'AM I'M GONNA RIOT ARRRRRRR

Just kidding babe, but you must be the first person I saw to say that about Bel Air

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

13 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

some of you might not be ready to hear this but Ultraviolence > Norman Fucking Rockwell > AKA Lizzy Grant > Born to Die Paradise Edition > Honeymoon > Chemtrails > Lust for Life > Blue Banisters. it’s true. it’s very true.

PhonyHealthyBird-size_restricted.gif

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

On 12/1/2022 at 2:07 AM, shady said:

High By The Beach is one of her worst songs and such an awful introduction to Honeymoon. It sounds like a parody of herself. It's super generic and the only people who love that song are the same ones who think that Born To Die and Summertime Sadness are hee best songs. The video sucks too. 

Oh this spill!

I will also say that Honeymoon in general is probably her most overrated album. Stans rank it so high because it has this elusive/underdog quality to it. Every artist has an album that wasn’t well-received in the beginning and has therefore been shunned by the artists themselves. The stans always end up romanticizing these albums as „overlooked masterpieces“ despite most of them being a result of lack of inspiration/passion or just not of the same quality as the predecessors.

Honeymoon is Lana's ARTPOP/Witness/Sweetener

2 hours ago, The Love Witch said:

Oh this spill!

I will also say that Honeymoon in general is probably her most overrated album. Stans rank it so high because it has this elusive/underdog quality to it. Every artist has an album that wasn’t well-received in the beginning and has therefore been shunned by the artists themselves. The stans always end up romanticizing these albums as „overlooked masterpieces“ despite most of them being a result of lack of inspiration/passion or just not of the same quality as the predecessors.

Honeymoon is Lana's ARTPOP/Witness/Sweetener

I disagree. I didn't give Honeymoon a chance because it was an underdog. I thought it was the least popular for a reason, then I fell in love with the music, the ambient, the vibe not looking at the numbers. Honeymoon may be the least mainstream album but it's still one of the faves among fans, all of the Lana fans I know irl absolutely love Honeymoon. Yeah, it reminds me of Artpop because it was quality underappreciated music but because the previous album (Born This Way and Ultraviolence) were such an edgy iconic moments, the following albums looked like a downgrade or fans weren't ready yet for a different era. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif