Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

29 minutes ago, jamesss said:

the daddy aesthetic was better executed in her earlier work. I hate how it sounds in paradise., like its gross. in her earlier work, its so much better. also she wore a head dress in rides music video... thats the problematic im talking about. weve obviously moved past that, though.

i know... saved the hottest take for last. 

LITERALLY. like its actually horrible and i dont know how people enjoy it.

i'm still struggling to understand how ride was "worse" compared to anything else she did regarding a "daddy" aesthetic, which i don't know if i would say was an "aesthetic", her use of the word daddy was mostly inspired by 1950s culture and she specially said she didn't have a complex

Lizzy: I think you do.  I guess my songs started being songs that I liked when I stopped being nervous about the content.  I do like singing about “Daddy” and “baby”-- “Daddy” being the man and me being the “girl.”  I didn't know that that had been such a prevalent theme in the Fifties, but now that I’ve listened to more music from that era, I see that it is.  And I’m very relieved, because I don't want it to seem like I have a complex!  But it's something I can't get over.  I want to have a life where there's just one man in it, and I haven't found that. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Norman is great and is a good gateway drug for new fans since it encapsulates all that's great about Lana but overall I dont listen to it that much for years :eek: After BB and Ocean Blvd it seems shallow lyrically but that also shows her progress so!

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

i actually agree with this so much, i absolutely hate paradise and that era and the songs you listed are also the only ones i like, however there are some really good outtakes to it like angels forever or i don’t wanna go, if she went with these instead, it could’ve been something good 

edit: quoted wrong post, i’m about to fix it now :toofunny:

She spoke facts in Question For The Culture, but racist liberals who can’t see anything outside of race fixated on the people she mentioned (who weren’t even only “people of colour”, as they call it) instead of what she actually said. 

10 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

She spoke facts in Question For The Culture, but racist liberals who can’t see anything outside of race fixated on the people she mentioned (who weren’t even only “people of colour”, as they call it) instead of what she actually said. 

I agree that her overall message was true but I think a lot of us only think this way because we are fans.

Since we're more familiar with Lana's character, we know that she's not a bigot so we actually took the time to try and understand what she's saying by looking a bit deeper. I can understand why people who aren't as familiar with her took it at face value and ran with the idea that it was racist/sexist/etc... because it was worded very poorly.

I guess it doesn't really matter anyways since she's only increased in popularity since then

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

22 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

:true:

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

14 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

regarding qftc, I think it was unnecessary to defend herself so vehemently, but what if Lana herself possibly became unsure if she was still singing about the right topics?

idk i doubt it was a self-doubt thing, i think she was just angry at the public/her peers misinterpretation of what she wrote. i don't like the narrative that under every person's (especially women) anger there's some sort of like underlying insecurity that they need to work on to "improve" their anger. when people feel wronged they're entitled to feel angry and defend themselves as much as they want imo

On 4/4/2023 at 10:10 PM, plastiscguy said:

I really dislike this picture... 

lana-del-rey-1.jpg?w=663

REAL. finally someone said it smh. 

On 4/28/2023 at 3:34 PM, imaginist said:

Nothing about the Ride music video is problematic :stareney3:

Also Jessica Lange isn’t even a singer, it was just for the show lmao it’s not that serious 

she wore a headdress (which wasnt a big deal then, but it is now).

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

fishtail is one of lana’s best songs, taco truck x vb is a work of art, kintsugi is not as good as people hype it up to be :candy:

i get my boyfriend to pick me up every friday at the dairy queen

2 minutes ago, love you madly said:

fishtail is one of lana’s best songs, kintsugi is not as good as people hype it up to be :candy:

I want to like Fishtail but the production for me sounds like it was finish, then recorded through a phone, and was then on the album. And as for Kintsugi, I haven’t seen but hype at all for it, at least since it was released 

23 hours ago, creditcardromancer said:

even ignoring everything about race. the post still sucked ass :azealia:

I can not fathom why she thought that sort of accusatory tone would go well with the public. There was no reason to bring other people into it (regardless of race). It came out at an extremely weird time, considering critics liked her best after NFR came out, and its been years since major publications were levying the "romanticizing abuse" accusation against her. The entire thing is so messy. 

I'm rereading it now and it's even worse than I remember. "News Flash!" oh ffs. It's just so tonally off and poorly written

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

1 hour ago, love you madly said:

fishtail is one of lana’s best songs, taco truck x vb is a work of art, kintsugi is not as good as people hype it up to be :candy:

THIS.

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

1 hour ago, jamesss said:

she wore a headdress (which wasnt a big deal then, but it is now).

it WAS a big deal back then lmao

but a few seconds of that will never erase the iconicness of ride mv

edit: it wasn't bigger only because cancel culture on twitter wasn't a thing yet but exposed tumblr blogs and pages kinda were and the headdress thing only added to her "problematic doings" list that people always loved to bring up

I wish they just never had the idea but it is what it is

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg