Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

8 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

not- you remembering that disastrous letter :magikarp:

PLEASE

it wouldn't be lanaboards.com :oprah3:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

5 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

but... so many interesting things we could discuss and we chose the worst. :bebe:

I agree with you. I wish we all could come to the conclusion that it's just not worth it to keep bringing it up :oprah3:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

55 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

I’ve heard enough songs about her family/her dad, like I get it you love him ok

Same thing with the Patty slander, we have concrete proof that she has a poor relationship with her mother/they are estranged. She addressed the trauma--we can move forward. :oprah3:

37 minutes ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

it WAS a big deal back then lmao

but a few seconds of that will never erase the iconicness of ride mv

edit: it wasn't bigger only because cancel culture on twitter wasn't a thing yet but exposed tumblr blogs and pages kinda were and the headdress thing only added to her "problematic doings" list that people always loved to bring up

I wish they just never had the idea but it is what it is

also she literally gets bent and f*cked by disgusting old men. like, grody old men. other than the headdress, the ride mv is like low-key grotesque. half of it is good, but the other half is just... yikes. 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

2 minutes ago, jamesss said:

also she literally gets bent and f*cked by disgusting old men. like, grody old men. other than the headdress, the ride mv is like low-key grotesque. half of it is good, but the other half is just... yikes. 

isn't it supposed to be uncomfortable though? :awkney:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

9 minutes ago, jamesss said:

i think its hawt :ma:

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

I'm critical of Jack Antonoff, but I don't "hate" Jack Antonoff as a producer for Lana. I have issues with the execution at times, but I'm also a sucker for the NFR title track, Venice Bitch, White Dress, A&W, Grandfather, etc. However, I do think it's time for something new--regardless of the fact that he is a talented and versatile musician and how comfortable and chill she feels with him in the studio, we've heard the range and dare I say the limitations regarding his input to her music.

I think as an artist she'd do herself a service by getting out of her comfort zone. Like, not for nothing, the songs that actually left me shook and/or that truly felt impactful, besides A&W, were there non-Jack produced tracks: The Grants, Candy Necklace, Fingertips and Let The Light In.

14 minutes ago, jamesss said:

22 minutes ago, jamesss said:

:wtf3:

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

she has songs about men liking little girls and beating her, being addicted to drugs, and playing out an other woman fantasy, yet we are drawing the ethical line at an old man brushing her hair. i pray you all had this same energy about that old ass man in the shades of cool and west coast music video at least lmao

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2020 lana was iconic and unstoppable 

A red rose grew up out of ice frozen ground. With no one around to tweet it, While I bathe in cliffside pools.With my calamitous love and insurmountable grief.:hooker:

Just now, Lanaparadiserey said:

Idk if this is really unpopular or even an opinion but I don’t like the title Try Tonight reminds me of erectile dysfunction 

this is certainly something!

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

45 minutes ago, jamesss said:

it is a bit uncomfortable and i honestly don't even care for that music video that much, but it's really not that big of a deal, like @Party Favor said, she has explored way more darker topics, including drugs, domestic abuse, and pedophilia, but we all understand that she's not romanticizing or promoting such topics

also, i just don't really get why we're still bringing up the fact that she wore a headdress, it was 11 years ago and although it was still insensitive, it was a different time, and, again, it was over a decade ago, she has donated large amounts of money to native american organizations, we know she wouldn't do this today, so why does it even matter? we as people will have such a difficult time consuming and enjoying art if we couldn't handle things that might bother us or might be controversial, especially if the piece of art, or movie, or song, is decades old and representative of the period of time it was made, if lana always played it safe, she probably wouldn't be known at all

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

this is certainly something!

I mean it does, like whenever I listen to Young Like Me and Try Tonight comes on  I can’t help but think of someone saying “It’s ok sweetie, we can try again tomorrow tonight”