Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 5/3/2023 at 4:22 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I think her old songwriting (2018 and before) is far better than her current songwriting and it's somewhat frustrating that people are lauding her as a songwriting genius for her current work because honestly shit like BTD, UV and Honeymoon were actual fucking genius whereas I feel like a lot of the current diary-entry lyrics and automatic writing or whatever could be written by pretty much anyone and is only interesting because of the vivid world she created throughout the previous eras mentioned so people place it in that context and act like it's genius when to me it's more like margin notes

:agree:

it is also quite odd to me that people/critics discredit or just don't pay more attention to the lyrics of her previous songs from the albums that you mentioned... the writing was great back then as well! :agree2:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

cotcc, blue banisters, and dykttatuob are basically NFR and honeymoons child... i could give you a whole ass paragraph about songs from post nfr that could easily be on honeymoon or nfr

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

Arcadia is basically unlistenable

The lyrics are forgettable, repetitive and pointless, and the delivery is whiny 

The best thing about it is the actual title

I feel like Clayton probably told her it was good and/or secretly co-wrote it because I find it difficult to believe that she approved it for release

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 5/15/2023 at 2:25 PM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I feel like Clayton probably told her it was good and/or secretly co-wrote it because I find it difficult to believe that she approved it for release

clean your ears

On 5/15/2023 at 5:25 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

“all roads that lead to you as integral to me as arteries” 

aubrey1objn1v4sq1.gif

Tbf I love the first verse so much but it just falls off after that 

sgopYhV.gif

6 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

Imagine coming to a thread titled Unpopular Lana Opinions and getting triggered by a post

all they did was a leave a sassy little response lol, people do that here all the time

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Definitely not unpopular comment but- Discoursing whether Lana has a better sound back then or now is was one thing/debatable and all leads back to taste but saying her writing now is morosely bad just sounds wild/crazy to me… her writing has definitely nourished since honeymoon i’d say. Paradise was a start of something but the writing on ultra… lovely gritty record though. Dare i’d say aka has better writing… Love them all btw.

pains me seeing so many people discredit ultraviolence. i know this is the unpopular opinion thread but whew the way some of you have no decorum when it comes to subjecting us to your bad taste :eartha2:

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)