Sitar

Lorde

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Tbf 2013 Lorde was fucking insufferable. Glad whatever beef there was going on is over now. :xgiggle:

She honestly had a beef with everyone, teen Lorde was really something else :rollin:

url%5D

7 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

Can’t tell if she’s really thanking her or just saying ‘thanks Lana because if it wasn’t for you being around to criticise I wouldn’t have made royals’ 

Lana really was living in her mind rent free back then. :blush3:

55 minutes ago, Embach said:

But who cares, what are your favorite songs from Pure Heroin? Mines Bravado and Glory And Gore :bop:

Tennis court without a single doubt 

22 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

‘thanks Lana because if it wasn’t for you being around to criticise I wouldn’t have made royals’ 

could anyone elaborate further on this?

I never connected with Lorde herself, but Pure Heroine is a masterful record and one of the best from the 2010s. I saw her last year with my boyfriend and when she did songs from this album the crowd went insane. Very beautiful show.

pure heroine is really a testament of 2013 teens! ribs is just sooo real and honest and brutal. It put something in the game (i have no idea what i mean by that but something shifted) :true:

2013 youre more iconic than The big bang

28 minutes ago, Pedriko said:

Tennis court without a single doubt 

could anyone elaborate further on this?

In 2013, during an interview where she discussed her album and Royals, she remarked, 'I was listening to a lot of Lana Del Rey, etc.' Lorde went on to critique the prevailing music trends of that time, particularly lyrics centered around driving expensive cars and flaunting diamonds which is stuff Lana was singing about.

She expressed that these themes were the antithesis of her inspiration for 'Royals' as she couldn't relate to such a lavish lifestyle. This comment was seen as a direct critique of Lana and sparked a feud. If I recall correctly she may have mentioned the glamorisation of violence thing too.

Lorde seemed to miss the intentional cinematic quality of Born To Die, which embraced the essence of Hollywood Americana. She also appeared to overlook the fact that a substantial portion of the lyrical content on 'Born To Die' was meant to be ironic. So that was Lorde’s mistake and taking an unnecessary dig at Lana. 

So is Lorde really thanking Lana?, or is she being shady about the whole situation and the fact she got a hit song from mocking Lana’s music? It isn’t really clear.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

11 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

In 2013, during an interview where she discussed her album and Royals, she remarked, 'I was listening to a lot of Lana Del Rey, etc.' Lorde went on to critique the prevailing music trends of that time, particularly lyrics centered around driving expensive cars and flaunting diamonds which is stuff Lana was singing about.

She expressed that these themes were the antithesis of her inspiration for 'Royals' as she couldn't relate to such a lavish lifestyle. This comment was seen as a direct critique of Lana and sparked a feud. If I recall correctly she may have mentioned the glamorisation of violence thing too.

Lorde seemed to miss the intentional cinematic quality of Born To Die, which embraced the essence of Hollywood Americana. She also appeared to overlook the fact that a substantial portion of the lyrical content on 'Born To Die' was meant to be ironic. So that was Lorde’s mistake and taking an unnecessary dig at Lana. 

So is Lorde really thanking Lana?, or is she being shady about the whole situation and the fact she got a hit song from mocking Lana’s music? It isn’t really clear.  

Idk I understand that there was some beef but especially since Lorde released Hold No Grudge, it feels genuine

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

10 YEARS LATER AND THE UNIVERSE FINALLY MAKE IT RIGHT OH MY GOD

THE FEUD IS OVER :crai:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

is it too much for a group photo?

T.swift, Lorde and Lana in one pic for a media frenzy please

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Ribs deserves to be in a Top 20 list for best song ever made in the history of music recording.

There’s a lot of music where I go “hmm, they should’ve done this with the synths and that with the background vocals instead” but Ribs is rare, uneditable gold. 

Can’t believe it’s 10 years since this record dropped. I was in 11th grade and I remember getting Ribs for free when Apple had their free “iTunes song of the week.” This entire album poetically encapsulates teenagehood, loneliness, and the Fall Season so perfectly. Thank U Lorde + PH for being there when no one else was. 

3 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

what omg? can u pls link it here

i currently can't but i'm pretty sure that some of her fanpages have already posted the stories now

url%5D