Beemo

Grimes

8 minutes ago, Jon Batiste Interlude said:

"sorry, that tweet has been deleted"

what was this?

She told someone to fuck off & go fuck them selves for berating her on “the worst day of her life” over liking a tweet from someone whom she didn’t know at the time had a “shitty platform” (I think that was what she said) and treating her as if she’s evil for it

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

On 8/8/2023 at 5:36 PM, Terrence Loves Me said:

I respect her for not following the herd of cancel culture. She's aloud to feel however she wants regarding Lizzo, that's her choice

People are so dismissive these days

I don't even listen Lizzo (or Grimes very often) but preach :gclap:

Grimes seems to know Lizzo much better than any of these internet randoms on social media. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

1 minute ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

and treating her as if she’s evil for it

The people, in general, are the mob. And people on the internet are far more mean, than they are in real life, face to face. 

4 hours ago, Rivers said:

They are both kinda bizarre, but I still like them, and don't think they are malevolent or have bad intentions. 

Grimes? Agree.

Elon? Disagree. His intentions may not be malevolent, but the consequences of them are showing a consistent pattern of negative outcome. At some point people need to stop getting free passes for it.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

What is it that he's done that you disagree with and why? 

12 minutes ago, AtomicMess said:

Grimes? Agree.

Elon? Disagree. His intentions may not be malevolent, but the consequences of them are showing a consistent pattern of negative outcome. At some point people need to stop getting free passes for it.

58 minutes ago, Rivers said:

What is it that he's done that you disagree with and why? 

For starters, this is a Grimes thread, so we really shouldn't be pulling focus off her, and second, I just can't fucking wait for some TikTok-brained zoomer to hit me with the "oMg wHaT iS tHiS eSsAy tHiNgs lOngEr tHaN 4 SeNtEnCeS aRe oVeRwHeLmInG", but:

• The entire 'Pedo Guy' controversy and his weird doubling down on the thing
    • He could have just said "My bad", deleted the tweet, and moved on. Instead we hired PIs and had whole lawsuits over it. Weird.
  • The COVID vaccine denials and off-the-cuff remarks about COVID during the early phases of the pandemic
    • Spreading conspiracy theories and leaning into so much right-wing rhetoric.
  • The transphobic comments around gender/pronouns
    • Self explanatory, and this rubs off on Grimes because she is/was very popular within queer subcultures from what I can tell???
  • The aggressive running of Tesla that's led to a lot of lawsuits around worker safety and harassment, as well endorsing/pushing for union busting
    • SO many reports of treating staff like trash, absolutely insane expectations of people who work close/near him to be available 24/7/365
    • Fostering a company culture that let racial and sexist harassment go on unchecked in his factories
  • The tweeting about his business that have ramifications on stock prices and run against SEC regulations and rules
    • There's certain kinds of information that you have to run past exec boards and prepare formal information releases for; you have a fiduciary duty to uphold in doing so. I know; I work for a company and am in a position where this kind of information crosses my desk.
    • Also, LMAO-plug for the Azealia Banks live tweeting Elon losing his shit after tweeting about taking Tesla private or w/e and being there while Grimes was having to calm him down cause he was apparently high AF when he did it
  • Literally *everything* he's done at Twitter has been HIGHLY unpopular
    • Senior staff and engineers fired or laid off; so many reports of stalling to pay out benefits and severance
    • The changes he directly pushed for and wanted implemented have lead to a rise in hate speech across all fronts on Twitter; it's also irreparably damaged Twitter's reputation as a reliable outlet in many cases as a platform where quick and breaking news could be shared by a variety of government and commercial entities
  • He's had a history of 'questionable' decision making when working with groups of people/teamwork
    • Literally was ousted from CEO of PayPal via a vote of no-confidence by board members after none of them agreed with him or the direction he was pushing
  • A lot of his joke tweets and shitposts dances on lines that point to right-wing beliefs and humor
    • It endorses the content and legitimizes several harmful and hateful movements down the line

Has he done good? Absolutely. When I think of electric cars and pushing technical advancement forward, I don't think of Prius (barf, boo hiss lame ass eco shitboxes), I think of Tesla. He shifted the market with the concept of what electric vehicles could and should be, and now, years later, other brands and manufacturers are finally catching up. Starlink is absolutely wild. Satellite internet has been VIOLENTLY STAGNANT for DECADES; folks in rural areas now have ACTUAL competition with ACTUALLY USABLE INTERNET SPEEDS. SpaceX getting them into space is another bridge of success there - I'm a big believer in humanity going as far as it can do, and pushing for as much as it can push, and a non-government entity working in the market sector of "space freight" is absolutely needed in order to lay down the building blocks for bigger things to come, for both science and knowledge, as well as commercial pursuits, as well as humankind evolution and expansion.

But all that being said, to me, at best, he's a rich idiot who just doesn't play well with others and his financial privilege has insulated him from tangible and real consequences that would otherwise change how someone perceives and handles things. At worst, he's a deeply insecure and highly defensive person who thinks rules and regulations and consequences are for other people and that he should be immune to all of it because of his "ideas" for the future.

Like it's giving rich deluded billionaire who has lost touch with the common people and lacks any sort of empathy drive.

Him and Grimes getting together was ~~quirky at first, but looking at who he is as a person and what he's done over the years, it's so strange, given that she was considered sort of an alt-left creative pro-feminist kind of icon and he's.....absolutely not that.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

2 hours ago, AtomicMess said:

For starters, this is a Grimes thread, so we really shouldn't be pulling focus off her, and second, I just can't fucking wait for some TikTok-brained zoomer to hit me with the "oMg wHaT iS tHiS eSsAy tHiNgs lOngEr tHaN 4 SeNtEnCeS aRe oVeRwHeLmInG", but:

• The entire 'Pedo Guy' controversy and his weird doubling down on the thing
    • He could have just said "My bad", deleted the tweet, and moved on. Instead we hired PIs and had whole lawsuits over it. Weird.
  • The COVID vaccine denials and off-the-cuff remarks about COVID during the early phases of the pandemic
    • Spreading conspiracy theories and leaning into so much right-wing rhetoric.
  • The transphobic comments around gender/pronouns
    • Self explanatory, and this rubs off on Grimes because she is/was very popular within queer subcultures from what I can tell???
  • The aggressive running of Tesla that's led to a lot of lawsuits around worker safety and harassment, as well endorsing/pushing for union busting
    • SO many reports of treating staff like trash, absolutely insane expectations of people who work close/near him to be available 24/7/365
    • Fostering a company culture that let racial and sexist harassment go on unchecked in his factories
  • The tweeting about his business that have ramifications on stock prices and run against SEC regulations and rules
    • There's certain kinds of information that you have to run past exec boards and prepare formal information releases for; you have a fiduciary duty to uphold in doing so. I know; I work for a company and am in a position where this kind of information crosses my desk.
    • Also, LMAO-plug for the Azealia Banks live tweeting Elon losing his shit after tweeting about taking Tesla private or w/e and being there while Grimes was having to calm him down cause he was apparently high AF when he did it
  • Literally *everything* he's done at Twitter has been HIGHLY unpopular
    • Senior staff and engineers fired or laid off; so many reports of stalling to pay out benefits and severance
    • The changes he directly pushed for and wanted implemented have lead to a rise in hate speech across all fronts on Twitter; it's also irreparably damaged Twitter's reputation as a reliable outlet in many cases as a platform where quick and breaking news could be shared by a variety of government and commercial entities
  • He's had a history of 'questionable' decision making when working with groups of people/teamwork
    • Literally was ousted from CEO of PayPal via a vote of no-confidence by board members after none of them agreed with him or the direction he was pushing
  • A lot of his joke tweets and shitposts dances on lines that point to right-wing beliefs and humor
    • It endorses the content and legitimizes several harmful and hateful movements down the line

Has he done good? Absolutely. When I think of electric cars and pushing technical advancement forward, I don't think of Prius (barf, boo hiss lame ass eco shitboxes), I think of Tesla. He shifted the market with the concept of what electric vehicles could and should be, and now, years later, other brands and manufacturers are finally catching up. Starlink is absolutely wild. Satellite internet has been VIOLENTLY STAGNANT for DECADES; folks in rural areas now have ACTUAL competition with ACTUALLY USABLE INTERNET SPEEDS. SpaceX getting them into space is another bridge of success there - I'm a big believer in humanity going as far as it can do, and .

But all that being said, to me, at best, he's a rich idiot who just doesn't play well with others and his financial privilege has insulated him from tangible and real consequences that would otherwise change how someone perceives and handles things. At worst, he's a deeply insecure and highly defensive person who thinks rules and regulations and consequences are for other people and that he should be immune to all of it because of his "ideas" for the future.

Like it's giving rich deluded billionaire who has lost touch with the common people and lacks any sort of empathy drive.

I respect your due diligence of such an involved response. 

It's a little over whelming. I'll try to address everything but I'm a kinda neutral on him, because everyone who invested in twitter, saved us from extreme govt sponsored censorship. 

Before they sued him to buy it, they had never acquired the previous years advertisers and the entire company was tanking, and were redlining. 

You hit me with so much. I gotta take a break. 

I believe I understand your point of view and why you have that opinion of him. 

This is good though. This is what forums are for. 

Feels kinda uncharacteristic of me to comment on people's lives like this though. 

But, I'm on team Twitter. I don't work there, but I am going to keep defending Twitter, for a multitude of reasons. 

Elon Musk is literally creating an environment for hateful extremists, he's supportive of conspiracy theorists and the MAGA crowd, all while trying to appear as some sort of genius. There is no "mob" here, you literally just have to check out his twitter account.

Grimes defending him either means she is ignorant as hell or just as bad as him

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don’t care one bit about the Lizzo scandal, but I admire Grimes for sticking up for her and not jumping into cancel culture! Even if I don’t like Lizzo (she always seemed a little sketchy to me and using the body positivity card for everything is tiring) this is getting outta hand, no one knows exactly what happened yet seems we all have strong opinions about it… idk 

anyways, don’t know what y’all have against Shinigamy Eyes and Player Of Games… they sound great to me! 

IWBS not so much :bebe:

25 minutes ago, Anonymcomenter said:

I don’t care one bit about the Lizzo scandal, but I admire Grimes for sticking up for her and not jumping into cancel culture! Even if I don’t like Lizzo (she always seemed a little sketchy to me and using the body positivity card for everything is tiring) this is getting outta hand, no one knows exactly what happened yet seems we all have strong opinions about it… idk 

anyways, don’t know what y’all have against Shinigamy Eyes and Player Of Games… they sound great to me! 

IWBS not so much :bebe:

Player of Games is the worst offender. The lyrics and music are absolute garbage 

6 hours ago, sheepie said:

she can say whatever she wants idc but defending The Idol is too far:rollin:

she ate that up idc... we were robbed of sci-fi being repurposed for the idol season 2 soundtrack since book 1 is never coming!

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

On 9/10/2023 at 4:30 PM, nowhereInParticular said:

Techno Mechanicus,

Baby #3

She tries to be cool, but in the end she's an idiot. what the hell is that fucking name, poor child... :facepalm:

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

3 minutes ago, Lux Eterna said:

She tries to be cool, but in the end she's an idiot. what the hell is that fucking name, poor child... :facepalm:

i think it's pretty obvious at this point that the names of her children are kept private and she and elon tell the public this because they like to troll 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

2 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

i think it's pretty obvious at this point that the names of her children are kept private and she and elon tell the public this because they like to troll 

Grimes has changed badly lately, i wouldn't be surprised if those names are real. the cool girl of Genesis is not here anymore.

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.