lola

Taylor Swift

her team does that intensive marketing though, taylor herself rarely posts about that exclusive shit. republic records has to use that advantage to get cash lol

labels always use their artists fame for money, it's a known thing

url%5D

6 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Help so she has a good marketing and merch team ?? Who's main goal is to make money ??

Yeah that’s exactly what it comes down to… their main goal is to make money. Which is why I find it real odd when people are defending her with all their life and telling people to only stream the re-recordings of her music like there’s some kind of close connection they have with her. Swifties’ parasocial relationships with her get a bit too out of control. She’s here to make money, and she’s obviously good at doing so.

qfrWuBl.png

8 minutes ago, Party Favor said:

they're booing you bc you're right. taylor's faux 'bff' relationship with her fans is used in the money making tactics her team pulls. idk why that's such a hard concept for people to acknowledge lol

i still don’t understand how taylor or her team do this though? taylor and her team announce merchandise and stuff just like lana or her merch shops do.. “new stuff out now grab it while you can!” how is that utilizing this bff relationship to manipulate them into buying her merch. i feel like you’re looking at the wrong people to blame when it’s her fans that have established this over-the-top relationship 

Stream the og versions all u want but no need to come into the Taylor Swift thread to talk about how you think she’s the devil for selling merch :toofunny: I think the tactics can be shady but also I really dgaf because I’m not dumb enough to buy four vinyls of the same album

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Also, I find these types of things to be less of a cash grab and more her trying to secure a certain number debut. It’s clear she wants to get 1mil debut or more for 1989tv. 

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Stream the og versions all u want but no need to come into the Taylor Swift thread to talk about how you think she’s the devil for selling merch :toofunny: I think the tactics can be shady but also I really dgaf because I’m not dumb enough to buy four vinyls of the same album

Why would I not go into the Taylor Swift thread to discuss Taylor Swift lmao… I gave very specific examples of how I think she’s exploiting her fans, it’s very clearly not about her just selling merch. Some of you swifties are very tiring immediately jumping on the defense while completely ignoring everything that’s being said. I’m not saying she’s the devil on earth should be burned at the stake and we should all boycott her (I still listen to her music and keep up with her releases), I’m simply acknowledging the fact that she exploits her fans.

qfrWuBl.png

I don't really mind the variants, obviously it's fun when you're "in" on owning different variants/supporting your favorite artist/having something limited, I just find the multiple costs of shipping for separate vinyl orders, insufferable :sky:. I've heard that you can try calling support to inquire about combined shipping? I had a conversation with a fanatic Swiftie about variants and vinyl records (stuff about demand). I brought up how Poppy has recently had lots of variants (This was pre-Zig announcement), and she brought up how its different due to Poppy having a MUCH smaller fan-base. The manufactured scarcity of it all, to milk the Swifties lololol. I'm getting flashbacks to the Speak Now love potion exclusive press, or was that for Lover :um2:- I can't remember if it ended up being the same as the Target pressing, just different branding...can somebody care to correct me? Also, how shocking :O, Twitter users are obtuse, use logical fallacies, & are delusional....more at 11 :agree2:- just block whatever twitter swiftie moot you're referencing on Twit TrashMagiq, lol

2 hours ago, Embach said:

It's kinda weird seeing Lana fans complain over Taylor and her team releasing many versions of her albums as if Lana and her team hasn't done the same thing (especially in COTCC era) and the fans going as crazy for this as Swifties do :oic2:

at least with violet and chemtrails it was mostly just different vinyl colours so its easier for (some) fans to hold back from buying every variant but in general i think lots of artists (including lana) release way too many vinyl variants. and lanels only do this now bc they realized thwy can get fans to buy like 12 copies of the same album if the vinyl is a different colour wven if its just slight shade variations. even the barbie soundtrack had a bunch of variants and that was just so... excessive. even with lana's past few albums she has been releasing more alt covers than she used to and that's a little frustrating for me bc i don't get every variant but with lana (and only lana) i do always get 1 standard black and 1 coloured vinyl/alt cover and its hardwr to choose a second one now (yes, first world problems, i know lol). so the billions of vinyl variants thing isnt specifically a taylor thing and i think its a problem bc its so wasteful and especially when things are advertised as limited it makes fans more likely to make impulse buys to avoid fomo.

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

3 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

at least with violet and chemtrails it was mostly just different vinyl colours so its easier for (some) fans to hold back from buying every variant but in general i think lots of artists (including lana) release way too many vinyl variants. and lanels only do this now bc they realized thwy can get fans to buy like 12 copies of the same album if the vinyl is a different colour wven if its just slight shade variations. even the barbie soundtrack had a bunch of variants and that was just so... excessive. even with lana's past few albums she has been releasing more alt covers than she used to and that's a little frustrating for me bc i don't get every variant but with lana (and only lana) i do always get 1 standard black and 1 coloured vinyl/alt cover and its hardwr to choose a second one now (yes, first world problems, i know lol). so the billions of vinyl variants thing isnt specifically a taylor thing and i think its a problem bc its so wasteful and especially when things are advertised as limited it makes fans more likely to make impulse buys to avoid fomo.

contrary to what people in here might think, i actually do get annoyed by the "shady" vinyl tactics lol:crying5: it's just not a taylor exclusive issue, lana has participated, olivia rodrigo does it, and so do soooo many artists. lana keeps advertising vinyl's as limited when in reality they just keep restocking them to the point where it's not really limited or rare anymore:toofunny: but it's a music industry issue, not a taylor issue. 

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

but it's a music industry issue, not a taylor issue. 

This!!!! Labels are behind this, they are the ones who take advantages of artists to earn money from them and rule in the charts.

That's why they let some artists switch album release dates, when an other artist from the same label is trying to release an album on that same date too (like Taylor's Red TV and Adele's 30) - because they're trying to earn as much money as possible and to rule at the top of the charts as long as possible.

url%5D

5 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

A lot of you are completely missing the point omg it’s not about the amount of vinyl variations, it’s about the slimey tactics. Lana’s not out here releasing the same CD 4 times with each having a different journal knowing fans will buy several copies of the album to collect all 4 lmao. And I’d be saying the same about Lana if she was doing all that. Either way I don’t really care, but saying Taylor doesn’t exploit her fans is kinda delusional.

You speak out my mind. 

But besides, I know Lana does many variants, too, plus this merch drip drop of items and vinyls (UV in September, L4L in November, Candy Necklace in October...) - and I am critical towards this as well. I am blaming them all for this, not just TS, lol. The thing is that just because other artists do this as well, no artist is justified in doing it, too. Taylor just manages to even top this sh** by her 48-hours selling strategy. 

Of course people can argue that fans don't need to buy, but we all know how many will buy it. I think in times of climate change all those artists, who are millionaires btw, should be a bit more responsible by limiting themselves to a few variants sold in the same shop at the same time, so not too many vinyls get produced and too many unnecessary parcels get sent. 

It was expensive watch it 

26 minutes ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

The recordings have just gotten exhausting at this point tbh, and Swifties have gotten more and more annoyingly parasocial.

i’m definitely over it, i hope reputation and debut will be out next year so she can finally be done with it. realistically, she is done re-recording everything and probably has finished all the music videos too. it’s just a matter of letting each album have its moment and announcing it and promoting it. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Ya even though I support the re-recordings and don’t think they are unnecessary like others have said, she should’ve wrapped it up before eras tour:bebe: if she drags it out any farther than June/July 2024 it will be way too much. 

21 hours ago, TrashMagiq said:

You really can't deny that she takes advantage of her fans' parasocial relationship with her. It's very blatant and she has absolutely no shame about it. This is the same woman that drops different vinyl variations one at a time for a limited time only instead of just dropping them all at once. The same woman that released 4 "Journal Versions" of Lover with each having a different journal so fans will buy 4 copies. The same woman that made the back of the different Midnights variations on both vinyl and CD form a clock so fans would buy all 4, along with a clock stand for both vinyl and CD. And it doesn't end there. She's not your friend, she's a business woman. Putting energy into defending her and telling people to stream the (inferior) "Taylor's Version"s of albums is crazy to me. (mainly directed at the twitter swifties, haven't see much of that behaviour on here)

I didn't wanna go too hard on her since we're in her thread and she has stans on here, but you and the others like @AllForYou @PartyFavor etc said it WAY better than I could lololol thank youuuuu!!! :gclap:

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

I am not really into her re-recordings, especially the bonus tracks are quite boring and it feels like she just repeats herself here over and over again when I heard it all before on the normal album tracks. BETTER MAN was the only bonus track I really liked. But I think the new album cover for 1989 looks gorgeous.

As to the rest, I am kinda pissed about her upcoming European tour in 2024 and the way they‘ve handled the ticket sale here…looks like many fans including myself won‘t see her live. 🥺

On 8/24/2023 at 5:24 PM, AllForYou said:

agree, especially as this is being framed as sort of a 'moral' thing to do in the age of TikTok virtue signalling and cancel culture; supporting taylor swift to get back at the 'evil' scooter braun. she's really struck well with the marketing.

don't get me wrong (aka don't attack me swifties) I think the re-recordings were a good idea and really shed a light on a problem (artists not properly owning the songs they write) but this cycle is really screaming cash grab, especially on the back of midnights releasing 4 vinyls to 'complete' an image of a clock, they didn't need to be vinyls she could have made really nice quality prints with a 'complete' version of the album with all the tracks on it. it's just encouraging more over consumption

The thing that makes me laugh is that the way it’s worded by swifties (or at least the ones I’ve seen) is that she doesn’t own any rights to her music and doesn’t make money off her OG versions.
There are two types of royalties iirc, master and mechanical royalties. As far as I understand (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong) she doesn’t get any master royalties or rights because she doesn’t own them, which can be bad because it’s her work but she is literally a millionaire. Why does she need more money lol. She still gets money from the mechanical royalties, albeit a lot less than what the master royalties will make. 
if she were a small artist then 100% would be behind her but it just screams I want more money. i feel bad because obviously she signed that contract as a teenager, but like surely you would’ve had a lawyer like bffr, you signed it now take the consequences. Maybe I’m cold hearted for that but it’s just my take. I am glad she’s shedding light on the issue though because it is a lot more common of an issue than you would think.
Also her including unreleased tracks is just another way to sell the re-records and something about that just doesn’t sit right with me lol

Sorry for that long ass rant peeps, just don’t drag me too hard pls x

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

15 minutes ago, Tana Mongeau said:

The thing that makes me laugh is that the way it’s worded by swifties (or at least the ones I’ve seen) is that she doesn’t own any rights to her music and doesn’t make money off her OG versions.
There are two types of royalties iirc, master and mechanical royalties. As far as I understand (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong) she doesn’t get any master royalties or rights because she doesn’t own them, which can be bad because it’s her work but she is literally a millionaire. Why does she need more money lol. She still gets money from the mechanical royalties, albeit a lot less than what the master royalties will make. 
if she were a small artist then 100% would be behind her but it just screams I want more money. i feel bad because obviously she signed that contract as a teenager, but like surely you would’ve had a lawyer like bffr, you signed it now take the consequences. Maybe I’m cold hearted for that but it’s just my take. I am glad she’s shedding light on the issue though because it is a lot more common of an issue than you would think.
Also her including unreleased tracks is just another way to sell the re-records and something about that just doesn’t sit right with me lol

Sorry for that long ass rant peeps, just don’t drag me too hard pls x

I understand where you’re coming from, but this is a slippery slope, the songs would not exist without her so she should get paid for them, she is almost a billionaire but I think she should still be paid for her work. like where do we draw the line? at what price point do we say ‘sorry you wrote this song but your net worth is x amount so you don’t deserve any money from it’

personally I don’t have a problem with her wanting money from this side of things, but I do have a problem with her (and any other artist!) releasing the same vinyl many times and not letting her, mostly young & teenage, fanbase make informed decisions about which ones they want because they’re behind a 48hr time limit (fomo) + other nuanced factors. 

Just now, AllForYou said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but this is a slippery slope, the songs would not exist without her so she should get paid for them, she is almost a billionaire but I think she should still be paid for her work. like where do we draw the line? at what price point do we say ‘sorry you wrote this song but your next worth is x amount so you don’t deserve any money from it’

personally I don’t have a problem with her wanting money from this side of things, but I do have a problem with her (and any other artist!) releasing the same vinyl many times and not letting her, mostly young & teenage, fanbase make informed decisions about which ones they want because they’re behind a 48hr time limit (fomo) + other nuanced factors. 

That’s fair enough to be honest 😭 

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

14 minutes ago, AllForYou said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but this is a slippery slope, the songs would not exist without her so she should get paid for them, she is almost a billionaire but I think she should still be paid for her work. like where do we draw the line? at what price point do we say ‘sorry you wrote this song but your net worth is x amount so you don’t deserve any money from it’

but since she wrote the songs, she still does make money from them. this isn't like popstars from the 60s who didn't write their songs and often made no money at all from their music. like yeah she deserves to own her masters and get all the royalties but its not like she's not getting paid at all. and i'm a big swiftie too so i'm not just trying to drag taylor or anything. i just hate that people act like she makes no money off her old music. i also hate when people refer to those albums as "stolen" but that's a whole other story. taylor's lucky tho that she has such a fiercely loyal fanbase who are largely willing to boycott her original albums and switch to the newer inferior recordings bc most artists would probably lose even more money from this rerecording endeavour. 

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif