lola

Taylor Swift

This is the first T-Swift album I've ever listened to in full and I guess I'm a Swifty now

And when I felt like I was an old cardigan

Under someone's bed
You put me on and said I was your favorite

Sounds a little like

You fit me better than my favorite sweater

AH HA   I've cracked the code!    

invisible string has so many "blue is the color of the shirt of the man I love"-esque lyrics...hmm  :oic3:

giphy-1.gif 

I just started the album and the 1 and cardigan aren’t anything special imo

the last great American dynasty ain’t threat great either the lyrics are weak and the instrumental goes NOWHERE

exile is easily the best song so far

I HOPE that cocc doesn’t sound like this album omg I hate the production

invisible string is cute asf

mad woman is a MOOD I rlly like it

betty is my new fave it reminds me of old Taylor

hoax might be the best lyrically on the album

The album is cute imo maybe like a 5/10 ??? Idk it’s not up to par with the quality of her past albums imo

I swear I heard some southern accent on Betty

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

the new album is weak imo. it sounds so monotone, it goes nowhere sonically, and her vocals and lyrics don't make up for it all. and this isn't from someone who wants her to do pop, i love her self titled and speak now albums

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

the new album is weak imo. it sounds so monotone, it goes nowhere sonically, and her vocals and lyrics don't make up for it all. and this isn't from someone who wants her to do pop, i love her self titled and speak now albums

I feel this exact same way I went to the speak now tour and I loved all her records since but this one...imma just act like it didn’t happen

Taylor is interesting again! I didn't like any song on Reputation. Lover had potential but was mostly average/boring with only 3 songs I liked. As for Folklore, every song almost sounds the same so it's got the least variety of all her albums, but in a way it's one of her best works. It's cute and lyrically her best. She doesn't have the best or strongest voice but she works with what she's got and can make a good song.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

I was already a swifty so folklore didn't convince me or else but I really, really, really, really like this album. Production's amazing, songwriting's incredible, betty being a standout, its story telling is phenomenal, I loved it so much. I love literally all the songs, not any particular favourites for me. In my humble opinion this ties with 1989 for being her best record.

I just love the vibe of it... It reminds me of 2018 winter, when I was in -25°C in Montréal listening to her 3h of unreleased on a loop while pulling all nighters to work on my illustration assessments... Good times :') Feels very old school taylor but updated.

If I can find a vinyl where I live I'll pick up any of them.

edit: august is another stand out, I thought the production was SO GOOD, reminds me of Venice Bitch for some reasons

ZKcaooE.png

Currently sitting at 94 on Metacritic, a bloody STRONG drop.

It's certainly her most appealing album for me - I've always kinda been meh towards her material but have loved her generosity and dedication, so it's great to have some material I really enjoy and can get behind.

I actually love exile because I love Bon Iver! It really carries their signature atmosphere and those vocals are so idiosyncratic it makes me VERY at home haha.

3lfQEhw.png

So is everyone ready to accept the fact that August is one of the best songs Taylor has ever written or yall not ready for this convo yet?

That is the current consensus for best song on the album along with the bon iver collab.

I thoroughly enjoyed Red and 1989 - Red was my favourite Taylor album until folklore. However, she lost me during reputation, Lover regained my interest and there were some amazing highlights on that album (Cruel Summer, Lover, Death By A Thousand Cuts, It's Nice To Have A Friend, Daylight, Afterglow, Cornelia Street, Miss Americana and Soon You'll Get Better)... That said, I was getting tired of songs like ME!, London Boy, The Man etc. And those songs had become part of her brand in terms of quality control. You expected there to be them sort of GP pandering pop songs.

So to hear folklore was super refreshing and I can't believe how much the music appears to have matured and developed (in under a year, since Lover's release!). I really hope this marks a sort of rebirth for her and she continues to develop as an artist and experiment more - leaving behind the ME!'s and You Need To Calm Down's.

"August" is my favourite as well, and "This is me trying". Other than that I'm not too hyped about the music – for me the songs are okay, nice, surely the first Taylor album I could listen to in its entirety, but something is missing, some "inner tension" which would make it more interesting. But it's the kind of album which will tick a lot of boxes for a lot of music critics, so AOTY is pretty safe. :)

So this is my album ranking after hearing it 3 times now. 1 being the best and 16 being the worst...

1. Mirrorball (80's and nostalgic)

2. Exile (had potential to be number 1 but the feature knocked it down a little)

3. August (lovely)

4. The Last Great American Dynasty (fun, catchy)

5. Cardigan (good lyrics)

6. This Is Me Trying (relatable)

7. Seven (relaxing, easing)

8. Epiphany (dunno, pretty)

9. Betty (throwback)

10. My Tears Ricochet (good)

11. The 1 (daydreaming song, sweet)

12. Illicit Affairs (one tone, but sad sounding and pretty)

13. Peace (ehh, its flat, i may need more time with this one)

14. Hoax (still need more time)

15. Invisible String (alright)

16. Mad Woman (annoying, ugly)

But this album has no skips really, the only song i actually dont like though is Mad Woman, sorry luv

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e