Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

That's quite conflicting with what we already know of Mike though, he wanted her to become big. He wanted to create new opportunities and read somewhere he was very controlling of her and her career. And going her credits in films to full her resume

oh i totes agree with ya!

i just wanted to express another side to the analysis, give it different viewpoints like: mike wanted her too do well but she just got a bit crazy with the fame thing and he's just like shit get me outta here!

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

i haven't heard the song but i have read all the lyrics of noir, if the song is about mike ~ relationship ended badly ~ then i believe he left her not the other way round. i think lizzy was too fame obsessed and lost herself in trying to become 'famous', and mike didnt want that, he wanted the real lizzy not fame obsessed lizzy. i think mike really loved her but the relationship was too chaotic and intense? leads to what he may or may not have said "never date a musician". at the end of the song it seems like lizzy's come to the realisation that she is caught up in the 'fame game' but is either: not wanting to get out or can't get out..."he's gonna hate me, he wants a real girl, i'm like a cartoon". i think the line suggests that she's either: happy and isn't willing to change into a real girl for him-not wanting to get out, or she's so caught up in the life she is and wanting to lead that she can't get out. Although i think mike left her i also think that she knew it was time to call it quits, but the parting was sour.

side note: eh...that was long...'cuse the prose style too - it was lazy

That's quite conflicting with what we already know of Mike though, he wanted her to become big. He wanted to create new opportunities and read somewhere he was very controlling of her and her career. And going her credits in films to full her resume

I'm currently of the opinion that there was a lot of contradiction and stuff in their relationship because nothing else makes sense.

Afraid is the only thing that really suggests she left him, but it's a ridiculously telling song and hard to ignore. Ugh. Beginning to think that weird gameboy account that posted here a few pages back was actually legit and totally correct about the circumstances of their breakup.

I took the time to read the entire original post and I think I got the gist of the imagery of each boyfriend in a song, so I've been speculating about AKA Lizzy Grant, because at the moment, it's my favorite Lana album, and I also think it's the most telling. I'm gonna try to categorize each song with a man previously in her life and if my little bits of evidence are wrong, please try to help so I can better understand it!

Kill Kill: About K (but also alluding to Ray?); “I’m in love with a dying man”—she gives us the whole story about how he ended up in jail in Sirens/For K and the fact that he is now on death row, but not dead yet, which is what Dark Paradise seems to be about. She also references Ray in the second verse. It’s funny because when she sings that verse, I’m imaging her speaking to him through a phone behind glass in prison like the movies and she sounds a bit guilty almost as if K was suspicious of Lana’s cheating on him with Ray, hence “Tell me about Ray and his girl..”, the girl being her, but trying to see if K actually knows, which is why she tells him how much she doesn’t love him anymore. (PS, apparently the song was also called Florida Dark, a state she’s lived in with death row)

Oh Say Can You See: About K. I’ve noticed that Lana always seems to reference celestial bodies and a higher power in speaking about K (ex: Dark Paradise, “The stars fade from your eyes”, Lucky Ones, Summertime Sadness [i believe]). This song is pretty vague, but I see the connection for the amount of love she seemed to have K connecting with the imagery of this song.

For K Part 2: I don’t think I really need to explain this one. Hahaha.

Jump: About Jimmy. This song seems to be about depression (“Do you wanna jump?”) and drug abuse. With lyrics like “Hain thin and in the wind”, “Right mixture of cocaine and heroin”, “You hot junkie[..]”, it seems to point out to features that all belong to Jimmy—his yayo addiction, his long hair, and to top it all off, the short hiatus from music he had after his girlfriend killed herself (would make sense why he’s depressed enough to “jump” and do drugs).

Raise Me Up: About Ray. With the demo “Rayse” leaking and my previous speculation of her practically beginning in the chorus “Ray, Ray, Ray, raise me up”, I believe it tied back with the guilt Lana feels, cheating on K, with Ray, who seems to be friends. She’s asking Ray to lift her spirits because now that K is in jail, on death row, she loses her mind over the guilt she is feeling (ex: the entire verse with the lyrics “Birds are flying out of my mouth” ). She needs love from Ray to ease the pain of one of her first true loves being locked away… I mean, why do you think she sings the last chorus in a desperate, begging way?

Brite Lites: About Jimmy. After asking on the Minor Questions thread, I strongly believe this song has to be with the fact that Jimmy had become increasingly famous after his hiatus of music (“I look for you in magazines”), so famous that he began to leave Lana behind. This also ties in with their alleged engagement (“I’m taking off my wedding ring” alluding to “It’ll only take two hours to Nevada” in Yayo), which she called off when they continued to grow apart, even after their drug fueled love referenced in Jump and Yayo (“I gave you everything”). She wants the fame as well, which she’s blatantly said in the past in interviews and it’s further signified in the middle 8 of the song, “I’m waving on the silver screen”, “The film’s fading, look at me!”. Heck, she even thinks about returning to Aberdeen, Alabama (where I speculate she was a go-go dancer?)

Put Me in a Movie: About Mike. I could be waaaay off on this one, but I think the “Put me in a movie” line is literal in the sense that she’s still searching for that fame in her life, the one she so desperately pursued in Brite Lites. As a film director, it would make sense she’s talking about him. And I also believe that the constant reminder of a “daddy” refers to the fact that he’s older than her. She’ll do anything, even a little unexpected fling, “He didn’t know he’d have this much fun”. However, the final chorus repeats that constant begging with her practically yelling “Put me in a movie” and finally admitting herself that “[she] knows [she] can’t make it on [her] own”.

Yayo: About Jimmy. It refers to their drug-related love just in the name and also alluding to the engagement they had. It also refers to the dragon tattoo he has across his torso, “I like the snake on your tattoo. I like the ivy and ink blue”. Yayo is also coincidentally the drug he was addicted to.

I took the time to read the entire original post and I think I got the gist of the imagery of each boyfriend in a song, so I've been speculating about AKA Lizzy Grant, because at the moment, it's my favorite Lana album, and I also think it's the most telling. I'm gonna try to categorize each song with a man previously in her life and if my little bits of evidence are wrong, please try to help so I can better understand it!

Sorry, I couldn't find the spoiler code. ): If anything can help me do it, I'll put the text in spoiler code so it doesn't take up so much space.

Spoiler is [spoiler ] ... [ /spoiler], without spaces.

I like your theories! I've been thinking about Kill Kill a lot recently and it definitely seems like it's about that interim between his imprisonment and his death, where he's in jail but not dead quite yet.

OSCYS is very vague, but I like what you said about celestial bodies...I'll be listening for that now.

Ray is so confusing, really...there was some post on Facebook about her pretending to be her sister while Ray was talking to her, or...I don't know. Maybe it's some kind of code.

I'm definitely adding these new Brite Lites interpretations, they're all very good.

I used to think PMIAM was about Mike because it seemed so perfect, but the fact is it was first written around 2007--far earlier than I believe they knew each other.

But speaking of Mike, I've been thinking that "Without You" is definitely about him. The bridge relates to both "Afraid" and "American Dream", and it seems to fit her state of mind post-Noir. She doesn't want fame if it means losing him, basically.

I think You & Me is about K. Saying give heaven a try, you're god's favorite child, you're gonna light up the skies, and I also think it's just you and the sun now is referring to heaven. It's all a reference towards his death.

When she says try hard to remember the day, maybe she isn't talking to him...but rather herself. She's reminiscing. She's thinking back to those memories of/with him.

or maybe if she is talking to him, him being alive or not...it could be she's reminiscing with him. Also telling him to give heaven a try, reassuring him by saying he's going to light up the skies and that he's god's favorite child.

I listen to Bel Air at least 3 times a day and for some reason I link it to Born to Die and Summertime Sadness. I remember back at LDR.fm, it was said that Summertime Sadness was about a time when someone had died in the summertime, and usually you were supposed to be happy and free in the summer, but she just felt sad. I don't think we ever found receipts for that, it was just on some random site, but it has stuck with me.

Anyway, when I hear Bel Air, I think of this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4UiYU3NJkA

She wants to go back to the times she had with him, and he's waiting to see her in heaven. The gargoyles possibly being people in her life preventing her from hurting herself, or joining him in heaven, she sees them as the enemy because they are keeping her away from her love. Darling, I'm waiting to greet you, come to me baby. I don't want to say Lana attempted suicide, but the idea sort of fits with her lyrics in Heavy Hitter, Jump, etc. You'll remember in the Blue Jeans video as she is going under, she sees black palm trees. Palm trees in black and white, last thing I saw before I died. I was lounging at the Chateau Marmont, glimmering by the swimming pool. ..I overdose, you throw me over your shoulder. And of course, the Summertime Sadness video, with Lana being an angel. Although, who would Jaime King be? Maybe Chuck or Wendy? Where is Wendy? lol That whole video is pretty ambiguous as is, so I guess not a whole lot of meaning can be taken from it.

I think that with the person she was with before Jimmy, she had found someone who she could be sober with, and with Jimmy it just wasn't the same and maybe she got back into her addiction with him. I think it was a toxic relationship for the both of them and he was pulling her down with him. She always talks about that one person who she is going to love forever, honoring love even when it is lost, and who she couldn't be with because he "had to leave" and I think the fact that she still mentions him and talks to his mother makes it more likely that he is no longer living. (You wouldn't usually talk about an ex-love like that, out of respect to your current significant other, at least imo) Whether this person was K, or whoever else. I also think the story behind BTD is complete bullshit. If her boyfriend did die, then that was someone really important in her life, and iirc one of her grandmothers passed away, too.. that kind of stuff has to make you wonder about the purpose of living.

This is probably all just my own little fiction I've created in my head.. I know a lot of people say when they listen to Bel Air, they instantly get really emotional and I guess I just feel the same. It really is my favorite Lana song, possibly ever.

Also, I think Trash is about the record exec. Maybe he had a wife so he had to get her hotel rooms. Used to go to the Comfort Inn.. Remember in Ride, the guy she's with at the hotel room? He's also at the show, standing up and giving her a standing ovation. I was born to be the other woman.

I could also see Gods + Monsters being about Jimmy. (However, I could also see this being about her current fame/Bradley Soileau's little twitter rant, etc.) Perhaps she was trying to be sober, but was with him and the "monsters" and relapsed. She was with him while he was in Velvet Revolver, if I have the timeline right. Like a groupie incognito posing as a real singer. At the time, Velvet Revolver was touring with the likes of Marilyn Manson (Marilyn Manson was supposed to become the front man for Velvet Revolver at one point, apparently) + Guns 'N Roses, making it possible that Lana actually knew them before these infamous photos.

axl-rose-and-lana-del-rey.jpg

lana-del-rey-marilyn-manson.jpg

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

She was with him while he was in Velvet Revolver, if I have the timeline right.

Interesting connections, but I didn't think Jimmy was ever part of the band, just someone they were considering and may have auditioned.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Interesting connections, but I didn't think Jimmy was ever part of the band, just someone they were considering and may have auditioned.

aw shit, I guess he was supposed to become the front man or was an interim for a while but it didn't pan out. well jimmy at least has ties to marilyn for sure (toured with him in '08) and it looks like they didn't exactly see eye to eye. also, ours (jimmy's band) played with guns 'n roses (without axl, of course) for a charity thing once so I'm holding onto this theory hahaha.. It's possible Jimmy didn't like Axl either, because of his friendship with Slash.. wouldn't it be funny if that was Lana's way of getting at him? hahaha

http://theroxyonsunset.com/?p=7000

"I did… we’ve been talking back and forth about doing something for years. I’ve always been a big fan of those guys, and Guns N’ Roses"

http://www.facebook....198887300176727

Reading some of Jimmy's interviews reminds me of Lana's btw.. just the way he words things very mechanically. He was in Jersey in 08 as well... and worked with Rick Rubin for quite a while and has a good relationship w/ him (He did Lana's 'Ride', not sure if he's done more, I'm not good on the producer stuff.) Local rockstar. Also "Yeah, I don’t ride motorcycles anymore." (2010)

http://www.bullz-eye...immy_gnecco.htm

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I think it definitely makes sense,

and Velvet Crowbar is such a strangesong title to me, like...

The song is obviously about gnecco and there is a velvet connection there

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I think it definitely makes sense,

and Velvet Crowbar is such a strangesong title to me, like...

The song is obviously about gnecco and there is a velvet connection there

Maybe a velvet crowbar is something soft and lovely, but deadly. Like alcohol or drugs, in this case.

Also I'm going to try my hardest to update everything tonight. Any verdict on Back to tha Basics?

lmao this is surprising and random but one of the guys you mentioned here answered my question about him having a relationship with Lana, he didnt even answer it fully though!! I'll really wanna share omg i'm trying to get some more info from him lol. (Going to share the name when I'm done) :P

//if anyone cares.

lmao this is surprising and random but one of the guys you mentioned here answered my question about him having a relationship with Lana, he didnt even answer it fully though!! I'll really wanna share omg i'm trying to get some more info from him lol. (Going to share the name when I'm done) :P

//if anyone cares.

WHAT

dlnh8i.gif

I think For K part 1 and 2, Gangsta Boy , Oh Can You See, You & Me , Dark Paradise, Whithout You, Blue Jeans (BJ I think is about K and someone else) and Summertime Sadness are all about the same guy and related one to another. I would put Born To Die in the mix but I also think BTD is more about her alcoholism than K itself. Her songs are a chronology, prequel and sequels, about her life and sometimes out of order. Also I think the songs Lana mentions in her own songs are connected to her song and are not random. For K for obvious reasons is about K Iol. In K part 1 and 2 she describes their relantionship and why they are not together anymore. In Gangsta Boy she also talks about the relationship. She mentions High school and summer (as summer holidays). She doesn’t have yet summertime sadness. The difference between how she sees summer maybe is related 2 that fact (K’s death). Lana was sent to boarding school at 14 so the time she got to go home for a extended period of time was during holidays, summertime. Also has 2 lines in the lyrics that connect this song to Whithout You (Gangsta Boy - I could have it all,But it means nothing without you). Lana mentions Come as You Are in OCYS and I think Come as You Are lyrics are complementary to OCYS. Both relate to memory. ‘Come as a friend, as an old enemy, as a memory. " says in come as you are. Her honor to lost love in part has a lot to do with memory a never forget even in a million years kind of thing. I put under the spoiler what I connect when I hear her songs. I have read a lot the Lnalysis tread but not all. So if somehow is repeating something I apologize.

I assume 5 things in my analysis:

1. K is dead
  2. Lana uses terms, expressions, songs, words to describe behaviors, patterns, situations, terms feelings and memory. Words like Nirvana, heaven, Summertime, born, die, miss américa, K-mart, américas sweet heart. They all mean more than just the simple combination of words.
  3. Lana believes in another life.
  4. I think the songs she mentions in her own songs are actually relate or somewhat a part of her song. Like Come as you are or Take a walk on the wild side
  5. Lana repeats words and versus relating her songs one to another

Also anyone notice that she mentions K-Mart some times and the word smart? sMARt. For K....mart? Maybe K-Mart is a place where she and K used to go?

PS: this can also be a bunch of BS that goes through my head and makes absolute no sense to anyone else. Who knows?

Gangsta Boy

Summer’s almost over, baby,

Everybody thinks I’m crazy,

I could have it all,

But it means nothing without you,

Boy, I’ve been so lonely lately,

I’ll never get tired of waiting,

I could have the world,

But it means nothing without you. .

You’re my gangsta boy,

You’re my gangsta boy.

Whithout You

I think this song is about K because is full of questions and question marks. Like she is talking to somebody that she doesn’t know if it can see her or hear her. Hello? Hello? Can you here me?

She also mentions the live they could’ve lived and that her life is sweet like vanilla but burned into her brain are stolen images.

But burned into to my brain all these stolen images,

Stolen images, baby, stolen images.

Can you picture this

What a life we could've lived?

Hello? hello?

Can you hear me?

The relation with Gangsta Boy I could have the world, / But it means nothing without you

In Whithout You she got the “world”. Everything she wants: Money, notoriety, rivieras. She also says I am nothing whithout you. In Gangsta Boy all that was a dream the rivieras, the Money and notoriety and know that she achieve it all that stills means nothing whithout him. I am nothing without you. / All my dreams and all the lights mean/ Nothing without you. Another relation with the other side is that in the BTD vídeo you can see Lana uses the lights as a mention of heaven. So I think when she talks about the lights of the cameras she mentions that gate to heaven with the light like in BTD. The other reason

OH Can You See

In Oh Can’t You See I think the Nirvana song “Comes as you are” should also be analised. I also Think the fact she used the word Nirvana and not Kurt is relevant Since she mentions Nirvana’s voice says Come as you are. And I will” . Not Kurt’s voice but Nirvana’s voice. Nirvana means: The word literally means "blown out" (as in a candle) and refers, in the Buddhist context, to the imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished. Also means Peace of mind. ( Wikepedia cut and past)

Oh Can You see – lyrics

The voice of nirvana says "come as you are"

And i will

The night time is almost ours

A sway of the hips and arms

We'll cradle you from afar

Lana mentions constantly the word memory. She also uses a lot of things to evoke memory.

In OCYS the voice of Nirvana tells her to “Come as You Are” . To me is a reference to memory and to their relationship. As an old enemy, as a friend, as a memory. Since he is not only dead but he killed someone. Maybe is a conflit loving someone who made such bad decisions like K. He is also at this point a memory. The sentence We'll cradle you from afar “ also gives the idea that is about someone that is not close or here.

Come As You Are – Nirvana

Come as you are, as you were,

As I want you to be

As a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy

Take your time, hurry up

The choice is yours, don't be late

Take a rest as a friend as an old memory.

Memory, memory, memory.

Come doused in mud, soaked in bleach

As I want you to be

As a trend, as a friend, as an old memory.

Memory, memory, memory

You & Me

I think comes before Dark Paradise. People go through different stages in greef that is why I assume that this song is prequel.

YOU&Me I think is conversation with K who is on the other side (I giggle while writing this).

Got a light in your eyes, i can see it

Look into my mind to believe it

Lana doesn’t say look in my eyes but into my MIND. A spirit celestial body or whatever we wanna call can look into ones mind.

Try hard to remember the page

With water from the sea and a dollar from me

She always seems to wonder if he will be in the other side

Give heaven a try, be young and be wild

Be free and alive

Give heaven a try, be young and be wild

Just feel alive,

It’s just you and the sun, it’s just you and the sun now baby

Come light up the skies, i can see it

God’s favorite’s child, boy believe it

She wants him to be alive in the other side. Being wild and free. Only the him and the sun now (away and far). She mentions summertime in a sad way. Here she mentions the sun touching his skin like is a good thing which to me connects to the fact that their relationship began in Lake Placid during her teens when summer was still nice. He is her summer memories in a way that summer and memory connect itself to her and her lyrics

Darke Paradise

Darke Paradise is pretty much self explicative. Is about someone who is not here anymore. Again the use of “And there's no remedy for memory / Your face is like a melody/ No one compares to you/ I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side.

Summertime Sadness

Is also about K and something else. I just don't know if is about her alcohol addiction or other relationship. I think her addiction sometimes is also a lover.

Kiss me hard before you go (asking the summer memories, k, to kiss her heard)

Summertime sadness

I just wanted you to know

That baby you're the best

I've got my red dress on tonight

Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight

Done my hair up real big beauty queen style

Highheels off, I'm feeling alive

Oh, my god, I feel it in the air

Telephone wires above all sizzlin' like your snare (I looked up what snare means and seems to be a cheap beer common between students in NY state and a trap. I also look up sizzlin and seems to mean hot like a I am hot or just plain hot and a sound. I think this is another sentence that indicates this song is about and to someone who is not here anymore. The telephone wires ABOVE all sizzlin, hot, like your snare, trap. Maybe that is why she says they took him away. Maybe the police made him some kind of trap or soemthing.

Got my bad baby by my heavenly side (again heaven. Her heavenly side. The side that will meet him in heaven)

I think I'll miss you forever

Like the stars miss the sun in the morning skies

Late is better than never

Even if you're gone i'm gonna drive, drive

He is gone and again the meniton she didn't forget him and probably will miss him forever. Late is better than ever since they will meet in heaven at least

I forgot to put the Blue jeans Part Iol...

Blue Jeans

Well is pretty much says it all on the lyrics.

I will love you till the end of time

I would wait a million of years

Promise you'll remember that you're mine

Baby can you see through the tears?

Love you more, than those bitches before

Say you'll remember

Oh baby, say you'll remember

I will love you until the end of time

Big dreams

Gangster

Chasing paper

Caught up in the game, that was the last I heard

I will love you till the end of time

I would wait a million of years

Promise you'll remember that you're mine

Baby can you see through the tears?

Love you more, than those bitches before

Say you'll remember

Oh baby, say you'll remember

I will love you until the end of time

I told you that no matter what you did

I'd be by your side

'Cause I'm a ride or die

I just want it like before (Lana says she started drinking a lot in her teens. Assuming she met K also during those years maybe her relationship with alcohol is also a memory of K in a twisted why. Drinking with him and when he died her bad habbits got even worse. I just want it like before / We were dancin' all night

Then they took you away, stole you out of my life

You just need to remember...

Edited by Antonia22

glgcDdT.gif

So I was looking through Bel Air and I also think is related to that öne true love". I also think she metions Sweet Child Of mine because of the lyrics of the song and not really Axl or guns itself. I also think that when she mentions gargoyles she is talking about those gargoyles that guard the cemetery. Also Roses are the flower of love and the flower of the dead.

Put the my thoughts on the spoiler

Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate

Aren't Gargoyles present in cemeteries like guarding the dead? Their soul? So maybe the Gargoyles are at the cemetery.

trying to tell me to wait but I can’t wait to see you

In the cemetery she looks to those (very scary I might ad) gargoyles and they tell her is not her time yet

So I run like a child to heaven’s door

She gets in the cemetery I assume. Also a reference to Knocking on Heaven's door. Which says "Wouldn't be luck if you could get out of life alive"Mama, take this badge from me

I can't use it anymore

It's getting dark too dark to see

Feels like I'm knockin' on heaven's door

I don’t wanna be bad I won’t cheat you no more

Roses, Bel Air, take me there

Roses is not only the flower of love but also the flower of the dead.

I’ve been waiting to meet you

Palm trees in the light, I can see late at night

Darling, I’m waiting to greet you

Come to me baby

Spotlight, Bad Baby

You’ve got a flair

for the violentest kind of love anywhere out there

Mon amour, sweet child of mine, you’re divine

I see Sweet Child of Mine lyrics having a meaning in the song. Also as an expression since Lana is older now But K will remain young forever. Sweet Child Of mine:

She's got a smile that it seems to me

Reminds me of childhood memories (again she was young when she met him. Also the music mentions memory like Come as You Are)

Where everything

Was as fresh as the bright blue sky

Now and then when I see her face

She takes me away to that special place

And if I stare too long

I'll probably break down and cry

(thinking of K and remembering his face takes her to a special place. But if she stays too long hurts her since is not real anymore)

glgcDdT.gif

Gargoyles standing at the front of your gate

Trying to tell me to wait but I can’t wait to see you

So I run like I'm mad to heaven’s door

I don’t wanna be bad, I won’t cheat you no more

I think the gargoyles are metaphoric. Gargoyles "spit" rainwater, maybe people were telling her not to date him. Do you think she might have attempted suicide? I think the second part of this verse really sounds like it. She felt bad for "cheating" on him with other men after he died so she attempted to commit suicide to see him again in heaven.

Roses, Bel Air, take me there

I’ve been waiting to meet you

Palm trees in the light, I can see late at night

Darling, I’m waiting to greet you

Come to me baby

She's talking about heaven. "Palm trees in the light", "Palm trees in black and white, last thing I saw before I died" (from Jump), she attempted suicide by drug overdose ("Right mixture of cocaine and heroin", also from Jump) and she's looking forward to seeing him in heaven.

Spotlight, bad baby

You've got a flair for the violentest kind of love anywhere out there

Mon amour, sweet child of mine, you’re divine

Didn’t anyone ever tell you it’s ok to shine?

I'm not quite sure about this, maybe it's K talking to her, maybe it's a priest (because of the "sweet child of mine" bit)?

Don’t be afraid of me, don’t be ashamed

I don't know about this.

Walking away from my soft resurrection

Her suicide attempt failed.

Idol of roses, iconic soul

I know your name

Axl Rose?

Lead me to war with your brilliant direction

1st possibility: Maybe she's going to try to live without K after her suicide attempt failed and is asking K to help her because he's so wise and has a "brilliant direction", maybe she's talking about another man who she hopes is going to help her live her life right.

Not Jimmy because he's an addict.

Maybe Mike because he's a director (is he? Oh well, he's involved with the making of films).

Maybe Barrie because we don't know of any addiction and she seems happy with him but I think she was talking about somebody she met earlier.

2nd possibility: She's trying to overcome her addiction. "I've got a war in my mind", the war is her addiction?

Grenadine, sunshine, can you break this heart of mine?

Her talking to another man, telling him he could never break her heart because K is the only man she's really loved?

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

since everyone's talking about Bel Air i'm gunna chip in, i've never thought it was about a person but more like the place. I read in an interview when she first started writing she wrote about cities, architecture, places etc. so ive taken the song for it's face value, like she now reached part of or all of her dream, wanting to be accepted and live in 'paradise'. But at the same time i think, since she wrote the song while dating barrie, that she's comparing her love to Bel Air, she's finally found that guy which is secure, accepting and again her 'paradise'. Tbh when i think about it now i think it's a mixture of both, she has a lovely relationship but also a calm and paradisiacal lifestyle. she's made it to Bel Air. "come to me baby" always sounds to me as if she wants the lifestyle she deserves, it makes sense in my head but if you don't get it, it's just another 'conspiracy' ....

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~