GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

More specifically, if John Lennon were alive today, tumblr would be full of things he said in the sixties pointing out what a sexist pig he is, regardless of what he had came to believe later on. 

In any case, my definition of myself as a feminist depends totally on what particular feminists think of me. If they think that I'm a feminist, then I'm happy to be a member. If they think I'm not, then I'm happy to be out of their club.

True tbh and I agree with you hundred percent with your definition.

In the words of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - Feminist: the person who believes in the social

Political, and economic equality of the sexes. This to me personally and IMO is what feminist could possibly be and what I believe it to be.

:eek: But its such a tricky matter to discuss anyway BC everyone has there own opinion on what a feminist in the 21st century is today. And the simple truth is no one has a definitive answer....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Whether you girl/dude it shouldn't matter.Your entitled to stand up for what you belive in regardless of your gender and sexuality. John Lennon was a huge advocate for woman's rights but I guess BC he wasn't a girl he should of mind his own business.Also I'm a huge advocate for LGBT and has supported there compaign for there rights for years but BC I'm not gay or Bi-sexual I should mind my own business aswell and not bother trying to make the world a more better place for generations to come

smh

i should have known better than to have this kind of discussion on LANABOARDS of all places lmao. iblamemyself.mp3. so basic.  :bye2:  

let me be who i'm meant to be

Lana's face broke my heart but it's something I haven't seen of Lana so I'm happy about that and OMG Lana should totally take up acting! Like, not just for music videos. Or do more music films like Tropico, but with more acting. She's so good!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

^@@ilovetati if you are a gay man then why do you feel it is your place to speak on the subject? we have enough straight women making their feminism all about fighting feminist "stereotypes" which...actually does nothing to help and instead alienates those women you disregard as being embarrassing stereotypes!

but anyway. that's a topic for a whole other forum. ;)

As a gay man you shouldn't support feminism given how hostile they are towards us. They really do harbor an undeserved amount of hatred for people whom they never have met.

You can support equality and not feminism. Feminism is just one certain brand of "social justice". It's a single ideology that not everyone has to adhere to to be progressive or forward thinking. In my opinion, no self respecting male should be part of that moment given how it's ultimately opposed to their very existence.

Feminism isn't a man-hating movement and without male support, female oppression and degradation will only be perpetuated further. You two sound like the most uneducated, ignorant people on the board. Don't bring up a touchy topic of you don't want shots fired back. I just find it so frustrating to see comments like this that are telling someone, because of how they identify themselves, that they can't and shouldn't support the feminism. You're just generalizing a group of people where it doesn't need to happen. And male or female, gay or straight, anyone can speak on the subject if they feel compelled. Don't act like feminism is an exclusive club that only you can be apart of, because it does require support to be progressive.

Being associated with Manson and all, the German name Sturmgruppe sounded kinda vaguely Nazi to me. Not surprisingly I was right. Sturmgruppe means something like "assault group". Divisions of a battalion of Luftwaffe paratroopers were called "sturmgruppen".

#HeavyHitler

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I expected something so much worse from your comments... I'm glad I was wrong.

I LOVE the look of the sorta emo girl sitting next to the baloons. Beautiful. The scene with women trashing shit up was also good.

i am nothing and should be everything

Feminism isn't a man-hating movement and without male support, female oppression and degradation will only be perpetuated further. You two sound like the most uneducated, ignorant people on the board. Don't bring up a touchy topic of you don't want shots fired back. I just find it so frustrating to see comments like this that are telling someone, because of how they identify themselves, that they can't and shouldn't support the feminism. You're just generalizing a group of people where it doesn't need to happen. And male or female, gay or straight, anyone can speak on the subject if they feel compelled. Don't act like feminism is an exclusive club that only you can be apart of, because it does require support to be progressive.

lmao. k. women have every right to organize on their own w/out men. just like LGBT people have a right to organize without the presence of straight people. oppressed groups shouldn't have to cater to their oppressors. feminism is a political movement--it's not about your ~feelings~. stay basic & ignorant tho. this is the last i'll say on the subject cos i can't believe i thought members of lanaboards could have a nuanced discussion on the topic.

let me be who i'm meant to be

lmao. k. women have every right to organize on their own w/out men. just like LGBT people have a right to organize without the presence of straight people. oppressed groups shouldn't have to cater to their oppressors. feminism is a political movement--it's not about your ~feelings~. stay basic & ignorant tho. this is the last i'll say on the subject cos i can't believe i thought members of lanaboards could have a nuanced discussion on the topic.

You basically just said it's only fun to be a women when the entire male gender act like apes and oppress your rights. Summing up anyone that isn't of the female gender as an "oppressor" is the kind of stupidity usually reserved to South Park characters. By that logic a straight women fighting for equality is somehow also the adversary for the LGBT community.

Honestly I didn't think the video was that bad. I didn't see it as "glamorizing" rape. The video is disturbing, but it is child's play compared to some rape scenes in movies and tv shows. Yes it had artsy angles and slow mo but I still can't see how it is glamorizing rape. Rape is a horrible, terrible thing and while Lana has definitely done/said some questionable things, I doubt she would ever promote rape and/or rape culture. I think this is being blown out of the water, but what's new?