ilovetati

Honeymoon - Pre-Release and Discussion Thread

Mess at china.palace reposting ghosthaus_'s video with a watermark & deleting comment saying that the video belongs to him  :pft:

Edit: they removed it looool

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Honeymoon

Music To Watch Boys To

Terrence Loves You

God Knows I Tried

High By The Beach

Freak

Art Deco

Burnt Norton (Interlude)

Religion

Salvatore

The Blackest Day

Swan Song

Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood

https://instagram.com/p/6nAkQ4FnoW/?taken-by=lanadelrey

:omg:

I'm intrigued by the title "Freak". "Art Deco" sounds, well... a little too Lana. Good to see "Burnt Norton" is just an interlude, probably where she reads from the poem. I wonder if "Salvatore" will be related to "Backfire" in any way. Salvatore, you can def be my baby boo... And I can't help but chuckle at the title "24". A reference to the couple times in 2011 she and her team tried to claim she was two years younger?

Or maybe it's some shit about Jack Bauer in keeping with my theory that her songs are "autobiographical" about herself... watching TV. And hey, maybe "Terrence Loves You" is about Terrence Howard. (He is kinda her type.) Lana's just been watching too much Empire!

:troll:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'm so here for these dreamy slow songs. idgi how people don't like her slow songs.. they're so beautiful

because she drags it, and has too many of them (aka UV) and when Lana makes a slow song.... they're slllloooooooow.

I'm intrigued by the title "Freak". "Art Deco" sounds, well... a little too Lana. Good to see "Burnt Norton" is just an interlude, probably where she reads from the poem. I wonder if "Salvatore" will be related to "Backfire" in any way. Salvatore, you can def be my baby boo... And I can't help but chuckle at the title "24". A reference to the couple times in 2011 she and her team tried to claim she was two years younger?

Or maybe it's some shit about Jack Bauer in keeping with my theory that her songs are "autobiographical" about herself... watching TV. And hey, maybe "Terrence Loves You" is about Terrence Howard. (He is kinda her type.) Lana's just been watching too much Empire!

:troll:

You just summed up the past 20 pages for everyone tbh

tumblr_mmtpxe9hDJ1qjdybto5_500.jpg

@dead against-

if you take the Bowie thing to its logical conclusion

It would mean Lana Del Rey would coming to an end and at the end will be the rebirth

David Bowie of course lived long and prospered for decades after Ziggy Stardust actually fell to earth (bad pun)

Long Live Elizabeth Grant should that be the analogy.

Because we were just heroes, if just for a moment.

Long Live David Bowie, no matter where Ziggy Stardust is today, ashes to ashes dusk to dusk

(this is an analogy folks)

btw, Bowie was in Twin Peaks wasn't he? Continuation coming end of 16 early 17.

The world spins.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

after listening to the snippets, I'm kind of tired of them making her vocals sound like she's singing down in an echo chamber

It's a good thing @@Monicker doesn't hang around anymore to hear you say that.

i’d bet a lot of cake that you’re hearing the classic Abbey Road echo chamber on those vocals. You hear me bitching all the time about the way they treat Lana’s vocals. Well, here’s a current day example of how i wish they’d handle her vocals.

Someone please fucking run this woman’s vocals through a real echo chamber, i promise that everyone’s minds and hearts will melt.

I'd love to hear her vocals coming from a real, well-built echo chamber.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

reverb

WABC NY music radio 77 reverb in the 60s/70s

legendary

you went out and bought the single, but it didn't sound like you heard it on WABC when Dan Ingram and Cousin Brucie and Chuck Leonard played it

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

The snippets are beautiful tho? Go listen to HBTB :hottie:

Sounds like boredom. (I'm not saying UV was complete boredom, but we heard that already) And the same as UV, what is she a ghost?

But I will, I'mma go bump that High By The Beach. (at least it sounds new with actual background)

giphy.gif

(These are from a bunch of low quality snippets, maybe it'll change.)