Fluorine

Charli XCX

My date wants to know if there are any black people at Charli XCX concerts. I don't know why this matters because it's not like we're going to be around a bunch of Neo-Confederates, but I don't want to discount her feelings being that I look more Hispanic than black. 

My date wants to know if there are any black people at Charli XCX concerts. I don't know why this matters because it's not like we're going to be around a bunch of Neo-Confederates, but I don't want to discount her feelings being that I look more Hispanic than black.

:toofunny:

14417469274.gif

:oprah2:

lABVyGE.png

Tbh nope

I also thought Rose McGowan's comment was extremely rude. Why did she even agree to be in the video....

She wouldn't know how the video would be edited and most likely wasn't there when the bus scenes were filmed. I do feel bad for Charli, though, because Rose McGowan thinks she's insulting the director when she's really insulting Charli. Charli was so excited to have her in the video and loved the outcome, then her hero later slams it in public. 

I also thought Rose McGowan's comment was extremely rude. Why did she even agree to be in the video....

She wouldn't know how the video would be edited and most likely wasn't there when the bus scenes were filmed. I do feel bad for Charli, though, because Rose McGowan thinks she's insulting the director when she's really insulting Charli. Charli was so excited to have her in the video and loved the outcome, then her hero later slams it in public. 

Her comment was so fucking uncalled for. How disgusting of her. She knows that Charli is a fan of hers. Ugh. 

lABVyGE.png

And she just said that it was "terrible" because the director was "panning across her ass". She was also shining light on how "trapped" and objectified she felt in her past work. I really don't think she meant to slam Charli, she's just hates seeing women being seeing as sexual objects. And it's easier for her so openly state her thoughts now that she's such an iconic actress.

The problem is that she is wrong. Charli has control over what she wears, she has creative control over her videos, and she is not a teenager. While many music artists are puppets, music artists are in a position to have much more creative control than actors. Actors have to depend on other people's scripts 99.9% of the time. They have to depend on the choices of casting directors, wear what the costume designers want them to wear, and act how the director wants them to act. I think there is just some kind of disconnect here. 

Rose chose to walk down the red carpet at the MTV Awards nearly butt naked, so what's wrong with Charli expressing her sexuality and taking pride in her body?

rose-mcgowan-mtv-awards.jpg