Fluorine

Charli XCX

i am excited for her to pivot away from her sound for the last ~4 years. what always kept me engaged with her is how she switches things up so well, and that’s why i finally understand, forever, pink diamond and enemy are my favs on the new record. detonate and p4u are also amazing in their own right but i was looking forward to this so called janet album for something new

party 4 u_anthems_visions is so iconic :,,(((((

she thanked bradley&pablo “for spying on me from afar (more on that later)” ... not sure if related but i was thinking documentary. https://www.instagram.com/p/CAN6BtinTAV/?igshid=28kr2ligb6l4

imagine if she did another deal with Netflix ? the album is acclaimed and has been credited as the first made under the covid quarantine .... they’re a really powerful duo lol. even if not Netflix i’m so hype.

i remember there was a video of a drone flying above charli at some point... maybe that was bradley and pablo doing something for a video?

i loved the Melon review, agree with everything, I Finally Understand is the only smudge on this album. I LITERALLY never skip any Charli song that comes up, so this is the first song that's a skip for me from her.

This is her first project in years without Noonie Bao involvement and I'm sad about that tbh.. they're such a good pair of songwriters and compliment each other well :(

this is TEA. noonie is amazing and works sooo well w/ charli. if there's one collaborator i'd like her to never drop it's noonie. 

noonie has a really folk way of writing and it works with charli's more wild/risqué lyrics in such a beautiful way.

but i always say noonie is criminally underrated. she has SO many credits in the pop circle and her own music is UNREAL and all produced by Lotus IV !!!! it's a shame she quit making her own music to focus on writing.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/oceans-deep/1444850624?i=1444850740

I find it really annoying when some of y'all go on and on about charli needing to change up her sound when her last 4 albums all have a very distinct sound while still existing in the pop world charli has created. 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

yeah yall reallllyyyyy need to stop wishing for her to stop working with pc music producers. its not gonna happen because 1. it would be a huge downgrade 2. this is the music that makes her feel alive 3. she wouldn't be known for breaking the pop boundaries like she is currently and instead would blend into the basic pop sound of today, which is losing popularity.

i think it's a little off how melon says Charli is her magnus opus. I would argue both the mixtapes and hifn are better than Charli with pop2 (possibly hifn) being her magnus opus

charli is definitely her worst. she made it in such pressure and we know she just made a 2.0 of the mixtapes to appeal the fans. it feels a little bit uninspired, but it’s what got her to be musically free so i’m glad that album happend

come to my house let's die together, friendships that would last forever

charli is definitely her worst. she made it in such pressure and we know she just made a 2.0 of the mixtapes to appeal the fans. it feels a little bit uninspired, but it’s what got her to be musically free so i’m glad that album happend

i wouldn't call it her worst lol. I think sucker takes that place 

Random thought I had.... I’m not claiming responsibility for this by any means but I’m pretty sure I said “it’s Charli baby” on a whim in the Sucker days before she ever put it into a song, and now it’s like her thing and it’s like WTFFFFF :defeated: :toofunny: