Fluorine

Charli XCX

Gold Coins was maybe my least favorite live... And I still don't love it, but it's cute. The instrumental is pretty cool.

I don't think there's any doubt this is the song (or one of them if there's multiple) that she did with Rivers. Very Beverly Hills.

The song with Rivers Cuomo was confirmed to be Hanging Around

Pitchfork: You also worked with Weezer's Rivers Cuomo on the track “Hanging Around”. What was that like? 

XCX: We went to the studio and he was like, “What’s your favorite Weezer song?” I said,“Beverly Hills”, and he was like, “OK, I have an idea,” and wrote the song. He sings and plays guitar on it, too. I’m very happy with how it came out. 

BzhmW.png

The song with Rivers Cuomo was confirmed to be Hanging Around

Oh really? Well this is totally inspired by Beverly Hills nonetheless. 

And I would say out of the songs we've gotten studio versions of so far, Boom Clap is actually my favorite even though it fits the least on the album.. But London Queen studio version actually grew and I like it now. And I can't deny my secret love for Break the Rules. I wouldn't say I flat out dislike anything. But none of the studio songs released so far have incited a "YAS SLAY" moment in me either lol...

Oh shit we're already at the promo single grind? :excited:

Let me reiterate now that we have a studio version: Gold Coins is SOOO early 2000s, like Aaron Carter, Radio Disney, Lilo & Stitch soundtrack. Not a bad thing. Boom Clap is still the best one so far though...A good bridge really makes a difference tbh

Lyrically I would rank the songs Boom Clap > Gold Coins > London Queen = Break The Rules (only because she didnt write London Queen)

Instrumental/vibe for the album ranks as Gold Coins > London Queen = Break The Rules > Boom Clap

In general/favorite wise for me they rank Gold Coins > Break The Rules > London Queen > Boom Clap (i'm just tired of boom clap now)

And if I were to include Kingdom in this it would be Kingdom >>>>>>>>>>> everything else

But I really do love all of the songs.  :flutter:

CRYu-l5UcAEhjM4.jpg

Omg is Breaking Up really only 2:17 like iTunes says?

it would appear so, that's the length of all live performances of that song

also I'm upset she mentioned Mow The Lawn and sang part of it in a print interview knowing damn well it won't be released 

BzhmW.png