Trash Magic

Dua Lipa

This album feels very lazy so far. It’s just her last album but boring. 
I like Houdini, but these last 2 singles have been very very mid.

Honestly she’s gonna end up as a one album wonder if she keeps churning out these tracks that sound like left overs from 2 years ago. 

And as a true aquarius, I don’t agree w most of y’all saying this is the best from the 3 singles she released lmao

Really liked Houdini and LOVED Training Season, but Illusion is kinda… boring? The verses are really good and also the bridge, but the chorus is meh. Chorus sounds like it’s straight out of FN, note by note, and you’re there like “uh, this again?”

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

uhh I think I'll wait until the album drops with listening to Illusion. Since it contains so few songs already. :ohno:

and the fact that the album is only 36:21 minutes long..............:noparty:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

2 hours ago, Yosemite said:

And as a true aquarius, I don’t agree w most of y’all saying this is the best from the 3 singles she released lmao

Really liked Houdini and LOVED Training Season, but Illusion is kinda… boring? The verses are really good and also the bridge, but the chorus is meh. Chorus sounds like it’s straight out of FN, note by note, and you’re there like “uh, this again?”

Exactly, it’s not bad but it’s already been done, I was expecting a bit more from her.

I kinda feel bad for her, I guess it’s the third album curse. She was THE popstar and THE moment during her FN peak, RO compared to what she did before feels very lazy and not creative, personally I don’t even understand the aesthetics, hopefully the rest of the album sounds better tho!!

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

What she’s saying she wants from the album isn’t coming across so far- there’s a random ocean theme but she wants Brit pop inspired songs, rave moments and psychedelia inspired production.

she also counted massive Attack and Primal Scream as a major influence.

where is this reflected in any of the imagery or songs so far? I just can’t imagine that she’s got what she wanted from her songs.

Illusion should've been the second single in January after Houdini idk... and the album should've been released in March with Training Season as the third single the day of the album release :oprah3:

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

What she’s saying she wants from the album isn’t coming across so far- there’s a random ocean theme but she wants Brit pop inspired songs, rave moments and psychedelia inspired production.

she also counted massive Attack and Primal Scream as a major influence.

where is this reflected in any of the imagery or songs so far? I just can’t imagine that she’s got what she wanted from her songs.

right like the combination of like.. peaceful ocean optimism and psychedelic funk is so random… i mean not that we’re really getting psychedelia besides some funky tame impala guitars but!

usually fan concepts feel corny and whatever but the whole high concept hitchcock vertigo concept everyone was running with prior to the album announcement would’ve been so good… sigh 

2 hours ago, Ceremonials said:

she should have never fired ben.... private concert for mcdonald's ? 

McDonald's season 

I need a fry cook down below 

someone to fry it or roast 

Got me getting too fat to touch my toes 

I need someone who can use dressing 

because McDonald’s seasoning is over.

On 4/10/2024 at 3:36 PM, brandon said:

because her first-time-manager aka daddy lipa doesn’t know what he’s doing, next question 

On 4/11/2024 at 6:51 PM, evalionisameme said:

Because the music is still FN p2 and the world has moved on from disco and 90s house inflected dance pop unless you’re Ariana grande- she’s added some bass guitar from tame impala songs and called it a day to classify as “psychedelic” when it’s nothing of the sort.

her image is also very safe and boring- none of the era links together thematically or sonically and she or management have no idea what they want from her as a popstar so I’ll be surprised if she’s a major popstar in 2 years.

Add to that- mutiple film gigs being booked which seem to try to gauge her as a celebrity name but it’s not working and it’s clearly her trying to pivot for other options in case the one career doesn’t work out

that sucks, I’ve been playing Houdini nonstop since release and was hopeful of a good comeback but this whole era has felt so… flat and noneventful. If you’re going to get into the Tame Impala vibes, go all the way, don’t mayo it for the GP that thinks ketchup is spicy. 

I don’t think the movie gigs should’ve been a priority yet. 

Just listened to connfusion. Nice perfume ad, wow horrible chorus! 

On 4/12/2024 at 12:22 PM, Coney Island King said:

This album feels very lazy so far. It’s just her last album but boring. 
I like Houdini, but these last 2 singles have been very very mid.

Honestly she’s gonna end up as a one album wonder if she keeps churning out these tracks that sound like left overs from 2 years ago. 

Disagree. Will the new single works better as a video (I don't even remember the melody of the song), the past two singles were some of her best, courtesy of Kevin Parker.

i still have high hopes for the record.

11 hours ago, TRENCH said:

that sucks, I’ve been playing Houdini nonstop since release and was hopeful of a good comeback but this whole era has felt so… flat and noneventful. If you’re going to get into the Tame Impala vibes, go all the way, don’t mayo it for the GP that thinks ketchup is spicy. 

I don’t think the movie gigs should’ve been a priority yet. 

Just listened to connfusion. Nice perfume ad, wow horrible chorus! 

did you mean "illusion"? 😂😂😂

for a sec, i thought she dropped another single.

Illusion is nice! 

but when does appreciation become a straight out copy?? 

I know she has referred to Kylie Minogue as an inspiration multiple times, but the similarities are too much to count 

first, the song sounds like a Kylie outtake (not mad about that) 

it’s called Illusion and it’s the 7th song, same as a Kylie song by the same name in the Aphrodite album 

the music video is a mix between Slow and All The Lovers… too much coincidences 

However, all the twinks on twitter comparing it to Mileys ESV cover are truly delusional or don’t know their history… Madonna did that during Erotica era in the 90s… but I will say, that was a choice considering their beef over the Prisoner streams! She knew the girls on twitter would be fighting 

anyways, love the song, the best of the bunch for me so far :bop: love a summer BOP