LDRO

Instagram Updates

3 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

She once again implies that she has had it worse than most people in the industry. That’s what got her in trouble the first time. Also I’m not even sure what she meant by the turtlenecks comment. You’re right though most people that will have an issue with this already hate her. 

A turtlenecks is a (usually) think piece of clothing that covers your entire torso and neck.

I think she means she was told she had to cover her story/herself up. Every time she tired to ‘tell her story’ they attacked her and told her to be quiet so she felt like she had to cover it all up otherwise there would be a million and one think pieces about her 

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:

She considers nicki a friend awwww

nicki has no idea who she is I bet but still awwww

it’s crazy that Lana fans still think she’s some unknown indie artist while headline Coachella and having one of the longest charting billboard albums :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

16 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

She once again implies that she has had it worse than most people in the industry. 

and she did :adele: this girl was crucified for telling stories about own her life on her OWN songs 

13 minutes ago, J.R.OMEGA said:

Glad someone posted her comment because the Insta links are all dead. Her comment is out of context tho, because I'm not sure what the comment was posted to.

the post was about lana inviting camilla to stage with the subtitle being about “the meaning of forgive and forget”, something like that

I get why she does it, but I’m so sick of her constantly defending herself. 

people are NEVER going to understand her/her art, and continuing to comment on these issues FOUR YEARS later is just not the move. I think the people who knew what she meant knew what she meant, and the people who didn’t never will, no matter how many follow up videos/posts/comments she makes. 

"Don’t forget me"

I think given the ‘culture’ (if you will) at the time with cancel culture being at its peak and the blm movement dominating the US things definitely did get taken out of context by the media, but I do wish she would stop beating a dead horse by bringing this up again after everything that happened last time :facepalm:

I don't think Lana is trying to imply she's had it worse than anyone else in the industry. I think she's saying her journey has been filled with some pretty dark times and completely unique to her. Which makes her music and her stories so special. It's a reason people can connect so intimately with her music. Anyone who misconstrues this new comment is honestly just virtue signaling and trying to appear holier than thou. She's explained herself, it's over and done with. There's absolutely nothing to reignite here. 

Tumblr

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

I get why she does it, but I’m so sick of her constantly defending herself. 

people are NEVER going to understand her/her art, and continuing to comment on these issues FOUR YEARS later is just not the move. I think the people who knew what she meant knew what she meant, and the people who didn’t never will, no matter how many follow up videos/posts/comments she makes. 

Agreed. It's painful to have people distort your words, trying to convey ideas that weren't even there in the first place... And for a public person like Lana, I think things become even more murky, because she has thousands of millions of people paint her as a villain when she's exposing so many delicate themes in her lyrics. And the subject of said themes are her own life experiences. Ngl I think if I were in her place I'd go insane, I hate people trying to distort my words and my experiences.

This reminds me of Paradise Is Very Fragile, when she writes: "My friends tell me to stop calling 911 on the culture, but it's either that or I 5150 myself". I know what you mean, Lana. :crying4:

OIP.pWy7Ne77qWHp-pxlTlmFlgAAAA?rs=1&pid=

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

Since we are talking about QFTC again, I still wonder what Doja meant by this. 

sub-buzz-4399-1590249731-1.png?resize=99

oh my god I completely forgot about this we were analyzing it like it was A POEM :omfg: 

Spoiler

Well now that we have the (renewed) controversy for this era, it’s almost time to officially announce Lasso :dance3:

"Don’t forget me"

55 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

She considers nicki a friend awwww

nicki has no idea who she is I bet but still awwww

I instantly assumed she's the one person she said isn't a friend

Patiently waiting for the essays hyperanalyzing what she said regurgitating key words like "tone deaf", "problematic" and "implications". :yawn: