LDRO

Instagram Updates

you're acting like she is shit talking her mom when in fact she wrote a very lovely comforting letter to women everywhere who may not have your typical mother-daughter relationship lol... don't know why this offends you

hmmm... theres a difference between writing a letter to women who have complex relationships with their mothers (we exist) and writing a letter stating that you don't like your mother. its not really a cry for help - but rather a comforting letter to those who may be hurting on this day for whatever reason

I agree completely tbh. I don't suck up to lana with everything she does but i genuinely don't have a problem with what she did. I know mother's day is very triggering to myself, and when you're constantly shoved with pictures of everyone and their perfect relationships with their mothers, it can get to be very tiring. I don't have the worst situation imaginable, but i think what she said on twitter is encouraging to people who don't feel content with their family relationships on a day that is so family-centred and too idealistic for many people.

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I don't feel that embarrassed feeling that some of you are feeling. I feel kinda proud for her. It's not easy to say you don't like your mom, it's very difficult to cut someone like that out of your life or even just distance yourself from them. she isn't perfect. she was probably well-meaning with her post about chosen family, but anger slipped through because it was looming so large in her. as someone who was abused by my mom, i feel very comforted by this post. it's incredibly hard to cut someone like that out of your life and i think a lot of times, people border on whether they should stay in the relationship or leave. i feel like she has probably been in limbo on whether cutting her mother out is the right choice to make and i think it has probably been very freeing and healing to say "ya know what, you hurt me, fuck you." i get that there are better times to do this, but with all the emotions she must be having, can we not accept that some people ARE still working on themselves. she might not be at a place mentally where she understands the impact of what she's doing. i think we can all agree she struggles with her mental health, and i think that's okay. let her struggle. let her make a mistake. if i got backlash like this every time i messed up or relapsed, i would never get better. she needs support. we can't attack every thing she does. 

also, this is like 100% projection and is opening some old wounds so please don't kill me for saying this. ahhh now i'm fucking anxious great

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

Wow she really keeps digging her mom's grave. Writing a whole essay about the women in her life, but not once mentioning your own mother. That relation is wrecked beyond repair, damn.

Regardless, I feel for her in this, she clearly is aching to be a mother but somehow this hasn't happened to her. 

1Fh5WEB.jpg

Why does this sound like a boomer wrote it

and what happened to ~my mother said I have a chameleon soul~. I bet her mom actually told her nothing of this sort and was done with Lana's shit early on. Lana's always pretended people have found her more interesting than she actually is. I know once people started reading her interviews and shit, they realize how vapid and ignorant she really is.

She was better off keeping quiet and sticking to the ~so mysterious~ bullshit her managers demanded every media outlet spread so we wouldn't know she's as basic as every other girl out there, she just happens to be talented at music.

I know once people started reading her interviews and shit, they realize how vapid and ignorant she really is.

you can say some specific comment is vapid or ignorant (and I totally agree in this case) but if you think SHE is just vapid and ignorant why r u a fan? 

I don't feel that embarrassed feeling that some of you are feeling. I feel kinda proud for her. It's not easy to say you don't like your mom, it's very difficult to cut someone like that out of your life or even just distance yourself from them. she isn't perfect. she was probably well-meaning with her post about chosen family, but anger slipped through because it was looming so large in her. as someone who was abused by my mom, i feel very comforted by this post. it's incredibly hard to cut someone like that out of your life and i think a lot of times, people border on whether they should stay in the relationship or leave. i feel like she has probably been in limbo on whether cutting her mother out is the right choice to make and i think it has probably been very freeing and healing to say "ya know what, you hurt me, fuck you." i get that there are better times to do this, but with all the emotions she must be having, can we not accept that some people ARE still working on themselves. she might not be at a place mentally where she understands the impact of what she's doing. i think we can all agree she struggles with her mental health, and i think that's okay. let her struggle. let her make a mistake. if i got backlash like this every time i messed up or relapsed, i would never get better. she needs support. we can't attack every thing she does.

also, this is like 100% projection and is opening some old wounds so please don't kill me for saying this. ahhh now i'm fucking anxious great

I agree with everything that you stated here. I’m sorry about your situation and I can relate to it. It’s comforting that Lana posted this so we know we’re not alone. If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m always around.

i think some people are forgetting that parent/child relationships are rarely stagnant and just because lana's feeling disdain towards her mother now, doesn't mean she always has. there's times where they probably get along great, and some times where they do not. 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

and what happened to ~my mother said I have a chameleon soul~. I bet her mom actually told her nothing of this sort and was done with Lana's shit early on. Lana's always pretended people have found her more interesting than she actually is. I know once people started reading her interviews and shit, they realize how vapid and ignorant she really is.

She was better off keeping quiet and sticking to the ~so mysterious~ bullshit her managers demanded every media outlet spread so we wouldn't know she's as basic as every other girl out there, she just happens to be talented at music.

being told she was a chameleon soul was probably not a compliment. if she was told "she has an inner decisiveness as wide and as wavering as the ocean" and a "chameleon soul", she's being told she doesn't have a concrete sense of self. not really a compliment.

ok

photo-24200.jpg?_r=1573340203

I agree to a certain extent, she was definitely more interesting when she kept some sort of secrecy around who she really was, call it the persona thing, I don't know. But truth be told, once Lana started to be more out there and really expose who she really is, she def came off as basic. If there's anything that I've learned from the past two albums/eras, is that the so called "real" Lana is indeed beige, basic and to a certain extent actually quite ignorant.

i think some people are forgetting that parent/child relationships are rarely stagnant and just because lana's feeling disdain towards her mother now, doesn't mean she always has. there's times where they probably get along great, and some times where they do not. 

That's so true, but it just seems weird for her to go on tangents and write about all the women she loves in her life and basically forgo the one person this whole day is dedicated to, it just seems petty, but I guess I can understand that all of this comes from a place of plain. Also, her tweet is probably what irked me the most, it was like "oh I'm in a cult and it's been eyeopening as far as family dynamics go, thank you God", which is iffy af to me.

I really don't know what their actual dynamic is, or what happened between the two of them, but there is clearly resentment on Lana's part. Granted I do have somewhat of a good relationship with my own mother, but I do know that not everyone does, and that toxic moms are definitely a thing, so I'm not disregarding or invalidating her narrative here. So I can understand that today of all day is probably triggering for her, but still. I just feel like she just did the most today to make sure we read between the lines and made it clear that she and her mother do not have a relationship.

It was just like: Lana, doth shalt protest too much.

I agree to a certain extent, she was definitely more interesting when she kept some sort of secrecy around who she really was, call it the persona thing, I don't know. But truth be told, once Lana started to be more out there and really expose who she really is, she def came off as basic. If there's anything that I've learned from the past two albums/eras, is that the so called "real" Lana is indeed beige, basic and to a certain extent actually quite ignorant.

Not to sound rude but like, you said "I agree to a certain extent" in regards to that person's comment, right?

However, you literally said what they did. Shouldn't you say "I fully agree with you"? 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

the thought of lana being abused hurts my heart. i really hope she wasn't. it gives me sad images in my mind. i know lana messes up a lot and is often ignorant, but i want her to be happy and i love her so much

Not to sound rude but like, you said "I agree to a certain extent" in regards to that person's comment, right?

However, you literally said what they did. Shouldn't you say "I fully agree with you"? 

I mean you did ended up sounding rude, so maybe you should've said "I sound rude, because".  :hooker:

jk. 

Anyway, I guess I just don't really think that Lana is vapid per se, but I feel like she makes herself look more sophisticated and precocious than what she actually is, not saying she's dumb, because I don't think she is. But sometimes I feel like she puts her foot in her mouth. Also, I do feel like she used to project a certain image of herself, but once she stripped that way and wanted to appear more "genuine" (quote on quote) she came off a bit basic and bland.

Like some of you said rightfully, you don't know how is Lana's relationship with her mom to call her petty or that she's forgotten her own mother. 

She has the right not to celebrate this day w/ her mother if, in fact, their relationship is toxic/they're not close anymore. Things happen and that could be from her mother's end of even Lana's.

In regards of her so called persona: people change, in 10 years they won't like the same things they like, they won't be as carefree as they are or partying like they were. I do agree that some things might have been treated as "imagery" and then people just linked the two things. In my opinion, in the beginning it was like 20% "persona" and 80% her, which isn't a lot.

I mean you did ended up sounding rude, so maybe you should've said "I sound rude, because".  :hooker:

jk. 

Anyway, I guess I just don't really think that Lana is vapid per se, but I feel like she makes herself look more sophisticated and precocious than what she actually is, not saying she's dumb, because I don't think she is. But sometimes I feel like she puts her foot in her mouth. Also, I do feel like she used to project a certain image of herself, but once she stripped that way and wanted to appear more "genuine" (quote on quote) she came off a bit basic and bland.

Tha_dont_make_no_cents_luv.gif

Yeah, I can see where you coming from but like, you're still calling her basic which I don't think she is. 

But yeah, it's your opinion and it's as valid as mine

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

some of yall sound like you dont even like this girl

let her have her feelings and leave her alone lol

this.

You don't have to "approve" everything she does or says just because you're a fan, but like, she's human give her a break and let her be 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif