Subversive

LDR5 - Pre-Pre-Release Annual Meltdown and Discussion Thread

Paradise should never have been released as part of Born to Die, as it is a stand-alone album,

and is actually the story songs/ story album one thinks people in this thread thinks Born to die, was

Lana herself considers Paradise a stand alone album that for some reason for contractual record company reasons and the date it was released was combined

but Paradise was the story of the travel (RIDE) from NY to California (in the land of Gods and Monsters, etc.) and basically leaving NY which Born to Die was located in

(as every single thing is autobiographical, also corresponds to each chapter of her life as a real person and as Lana.

with last years chapter being the battle between Elizabeth and Lana and a truce being signed allowing both to co-exist in a very hostile world (and one that specifically also refers as do parts of Ultraviolence, to the hatred spewed by the media and the haters of other artists that happened during the chapter Born to Die after-release was set

in.

But Paradise is stand alone (and amazing as a stand-alone with zero filler (easily 3 or 4 other songs could have made it 12 or 13 songs, but there was no filler.)

In reality, this will be her 7th or 8th album (and if one put everything out, it would number somewhere in the 45 to 50 range, esp. if one includes outtakes, demos

and live versions

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Paradise should never have been released as part of Born to Die, as it is a stand-alone album,

and is actually the story songs/ story album one thinks people in this thread thinks Born to die, was

Lana herself considers Paradise a stand alone album that for some reason for contractual record company reasons and the date it was released was combined

but Paradise was the story of the travel (RIDE) from NY to California (in the land of Gods and Monsters, etc.) and basically leaving NY which Born to Die was located in

(as every single thing is autobiographical, also corresponds to each chapter of her life as a real person and as Lana.

with last years chapter being the battle between Elizabeth and Lana and a truce being signed allowing both to co-exist in a very hostile world (and one that specifically also refers as do parts of Ultraviolence, to the hatred spewed by the media and the haters of other artists that happened during the chapter Born to Die after-release was set

in.

But Paradise is stand alone (and amazing as a stand-alone with zero filler (easily 3 or 4 other songs could have made it 12 or 13 songs, but there was no filler.)

In reality, this will be her 7th or 8th album (and if one put everything out, it would number somewhere in the 45 to 50 range, esp. if one includes outtakes, demos

and live versions

When did she say she considers it a standalone album? Because she called the Paradise Edition "an afterthought of Born To Die" and "the final statement of the thoughts" she was putting across in Born To Die. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Eclipse posted lyrics that I thought may have been LDR4/5 lyrics, but I wasn't sure. He then re-pinned that same post right after Lana confirmed that she spoke with him (now it's a different tweet that's pinned).

Ignore this post! I'm dumb I bought they were new lyrics but they were just Salvatore lyrics.

i'm over the 'blue' theme tbh

I get the whole 'blue' thing cos I think what the colour means to me is the same thing as what the colour represents to Lana, so I don't mind when she uses it in her lyricism and stuff, BUT it's so damn overplayed at this point :deadbanana: we can't escape it, not even from leaks like Fine China

Moderation is kee @@Lana, and having it as an album/song title would kill me, I'd just rename it in my music library

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

i'm over the 'blue' theme tbh

after blue jeans, blue velvet, blue ribbon sparkler trailer heaven (gramma), pawn shop blues, tired of singing the blues, baby blue love and all of the times she references blue in her lyrics it's too obvious for an album title. It's also like too many albums have been named after colors recently, lana usually sets trends rather than follows them.