bwugdakfbabue

Kim Petras

5 minutes ago, Peppers said:

Just a reminder that Dance to Forget was NEVER on Problématique and it's just a day 1 demo she abandoned as soon as she recorded it.

Revelations and Sex Talk are the same, HIFTB got shortened.

which era more or less…

13 hours ago, LunaeManifestum said:

which era more or less…

It was made during the sessions for Problématique but never made it past the rough demo stage. So it's still from that era but it was not intended for the album as it was abandoned in early stages/never finished.

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

15 hours ago, Peppers said:

Just a reminder that Dance to Forget was NEVER on Problématique and it's just a day 1 demo she abandoned as soon as she recorded it.

Revelations and Sex Talk are the same, HIFTB got shortened.

Sex Talk is different listen to the harmonies, they’re not as prominent

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

8 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

It was made during the sessions for Problématique but never made it past the rough demo stage. So it's still from that era but it was not intended for the album as it was abandoned in early stages/never finished.

But isn’t there a final version of Dance To Forget?

35 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

But isn’t there a final version of Dance To Forget?

According to what @Peppers said, no because it was abandoned early on. Shame, the song had potential :( 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

On 7/7/2023 at 3:48 PM, HandsTied said:

now they want $46 for a vinyl..? 

To be fair, LOTS of places are now gouging up the prices on vinyl. Shit that was 19/20 for a single LP/30 for a double is now turning into 30-40 for a single and 40-50 for a double. Not exclusively tied to her.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
🎶 Art decorates space, but music decorates time 🎶

I see a lot of people saying that her career is derailed because of how messy Feed the Beast is in terms of rollout and quality. I feel like a lot are overexaggerating like sure Kim isn't likely going to be the next Britney, but I think her career will be just fine after this era. I do think she's gonna have to face some sobering reality about her fame such as how she is not enough (as of now) to fill the venues in her tours.

I feel like her "debut" mainstream era is gonna be a growing pain kind of experience for her, and hopefully she doesn't lose hope because of it. She clearly is very driven and very talented so hopefully she's able to push through. 

3 hours ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I do think she's gonna have to face some sobering reality about her fame such as how she is not enough (as of now) to fill the venues in her tours.

I'm starting to agree with the reviewers who say she 'sold out' stylistically in that she didn't offer anything other artists couldn't do. I think the most both Kim and mainstream-palatable thing on here is King of Hearts, but I agree that very little stands out if you're not into Kim (and aren't bowled over by her vocals). I adore the new songs on the album but that's probably true, and it makes me sad that her team let TOTLV3 (a project nobody could EVER say was anything but Kim) go by the wayside for an attempt to 'mainstream' Kim that was never going to work. Kim on her own generated her current fanbase. Kim cosplaying other artists, or trying to be on the level of mainstream success as Katy Perry in a time when the biggest artists are people like Harry Styles and Olivia Rodrigo (i.e. club music is probably not gonna make you the biggest artist right now) is not fair to her as someone who makes good music (and has a decent, if not A-list, audience!) when she just lets herself be herself.

afd75b92a106afc7ae42e7c6aff46bd6.gif

She needs to release TOTL V3 this year…

like I remember TOTL was how I first heard of her. She made a pretty iconic moment with it, i think she should return to her “roots” and drop the third volume and save us

negAbhB.png

I actually kind of think it was smart of Kim to just "sell out" and release Feed the Beast. At a certain point the label was going to make her take on a sound that they want, might as well just hand them what they want, and hopefully get on someone there's good side so you have more freedom next release. It seems like Kim could have handed them dozens of smart, well written pop tracks with clear sound and image and they would have turned them down anyway.