Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I have faith in Jack and Lana but I’m keeping my expectations cute and realistic this time around so if she does serve something career defining, I’ll be blown away

fdpgzQ0.gif

And if she doesn’t, well..

It’ll be another cute year for Lana and her #1 album

fdpgzQ0.gif

I think LfL was a few different mini albums on top of each other so every song went with something but not with everything when we are used to cohesive works from Lana. Love and Lust for Life went with each other, 13 beaches, cherry, and white Mustang was a trio, SB. GL, and IMF suited each other, Coachella, GBA, WWWAWWKD were the political trio. BPBP and Tomorrow Never Came went with each other, and Heroin, Change, Get Free was the last trio. While I liked all of this I really hope on LDR6 Lana chooses one type of album and makes it a cohesive work, a concept album ideally.  END RANT

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

i forgot where but remember when Lana said that the original sound for LFL was gonna revolve around Heroin . IMAGINE . honestly though i want a cohesive album like the ones before LFL . i want the same sound, mood, etc. Honeymoon is so fucking dreamy . UV is so dark and sexy . BTD is glamorous and rich in production. LFL experimented A LOT with sounds . 

DID SHE SAID THAT????????? IM FUCKING SAD HOLY SHIT WE WOULD HAVE THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:    :deadbanana:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:

:rip:  here lies LFL good concept  :rip:

but yeah at least we got lots of things and now we understand that she can do pretty much anything.. but dam fuck

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

DID SHE SAID THAT????????? IM FUCKING SAD HOLY SHIT WE WOULD HAVE THE ALBUM OF THE DECADE  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:    :deadbanana:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:  :crossed:

:rip:  here lies LFL good concept  :rip:

but yeah at least we got lots of things and now we understand that she can do pretty much anything.. but dam fuck

YES SHE DEAD ASS SAID THAT . she stated something in an interview like "in the early process of the album we produced Heroin , wanting the album to have the same sound or thinking it would have the same sound."

giphy.gif

tOo mANy woRdS

idc read it you illiterate fat

I have a question for ya'll. If you could have LDR6 based off of the sound/lyricism of 3 songs, what would they be?

For cute, feel-good tracks I honestly don’t mind if the lyrics are like Lust for Life. As long as it’s catchy and has a good melody. For ballads, something poetic like the opening lines of BPBP, the lyrics of Black Beauty, etc. I don’t necessarily want sadder/darker songs but I hope she continues putting out touching/heartfelt tracks. A lot of her unreleased songs have good storytelling with lighter themes.

Sound wise,

Nothing.

I hope LDR6 has an entirely different sound/vibe from her other albums. Just like how Born to Die is different from Honeymoon and Honeymoon from Ultraviolence, etc. I don’t want her to recreate Ultraviolence for that very reason. If she does do something more rock-oriented again, I hope it’s a different sub genre of rock or something. I also hope she ditches the modern production. I feel like it makes the songs sound less unique and a bit lifeless. It’d be cool if she worked with someone like Dev Hynes and wrote an album that incorporated elements from 70s/80s pop since her brand is basically all things vintage. I’m sure her and Dan Heath can make an album full of beautiful, grand ballads with classical instruments (I’d die if this happened). Working with Emile again for an entire album would not be a bad choice either. His sound matured so much since BTD. A tropical-sounding record like WFL would be perfect. She’s an absolute chameleon sonically, I really do think her music comes to life when she fuses it with the characteristic sound of other musicians. There’s like an infinite number of genres she can take on. I just hope she indulges in it completely instead of using small elements of it.

But my dream producer for a Lana record would probably be Oneohtrix Point Never

His stuff is mostly electronic but he can strip it down to make such beautiful ballads like this. Anything he makes with Lana would be a masterpiece :trisha:

Edit:

It’s too early for this shit

tenor.gif

tOo mANy woRdS

idc read it you illiterate fat

I have a question for ya'll. If you could have LDR6 based off of the sound/lyricism of 3 songs, what would they be?

Poor Arcadia is getting so many notifications 

Heroin, Cruel World, Brooklyn Baby 

I would love if she did an album that was part UV "rock" style like Cruel World, part hippie-stripped back rock/folk like Brooklyn Baby with a few songs with intricate/eerie production like Heroin.

(Bonus: The Blackest Day and Cherry)

do y'all think she's gonna actually put any unreleased tracks on this one? she's been casually throwing around the idea for years... when she started doing serial killer on tour i was so sure there would be unreleased stuff on her next album  :defeated:  

i would give my left nut to hear a reworked version of playing dangerous

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

do y'all think she's gonna actually put any unreleased tracks on this one? she's been casually throwing around the idea for years... when she started doing serial killer on tour i was so sure there would be unreleased stuff on her next album :defeated:

i would give my left nut to hear a reworked version of playing dangerous

It’s funny bc when High By The Beach came out I thought “I know this is a new song but it sounds like her old stuff, it sounds like an unreleased” and now I think the same about Happiness is a Butterfly

The truth is, Lana being political is just straight up boooooooring. It is and always will be. People listen to artists like Lana because they want to escape reality and enter a dreamlike fantasy world. They don't want to be reminded of the idiocrasy by politicians and have to hear about nuclear bombs and "tensions rising over country lines". At least i don't anyway. To me, that's not what music and art is about and i really hope she finds a way to seperate her political mind and her musical mind.

Political songs are great, like, every Kendrick Lamar song is political and it’s fire. The problem with Lana is that her political songs looks like a teenage white girl writing in her diary “fuck, the world is so difficult!! But wait let’s have hope...” sorry Lana I love you

all tea all shade. i posted and asked this either on this thread or somewhere else but really how much does her label control her artistic output in the end even tough she says her record deal lets her do whatever she want? like im sure she wrote political songs that went more in-depth than Cockroach - Wood On My Mind. how much would one bet they rejected the "4 Political Songs Take-Outs" she talked about a few months ago 

and at the same time, she needs to go big or go home with these "world conscious songs" that are outside of her lyrical universe 

like imagine her writing this. her poli songs weren't boring.. just too vague, not straightforward. Someone here said that pulling out a Bob Dylan would be weird yes, but she didn't reach the middle where these themes would comfortably sit in her discography. One could feel as if she wrote these songs to be #relevant (which wasn't the purpose of couse )

I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015

Once I finish this, witnesses will convey just what I mean

Been feeling this way since I was 16, came to my senses

You never liked us anyway, fuck your friendship, I meant it

I'm African-American, I'm African

I'm black as the moon, heritage of a small village

Pardon my residence

Came from the bottom of mankind

My hair is nappy, my dick is big, my nose is round and wide

You hate me don't you?

You hate my people, your plan is to terminate my culture

You're fuckin' evil I want you to recognize that I'm a proud monkey

You vandalize my perception but can't take style from me

And this is more than confession

I mean I might press the button just so you know my discretion

I'm guardin' my feelins, I know that you feel it

You sabotage my community, makin' a killin'

You made me a killer, emancipation of a real :)

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice

The blacker the berry, the bigger I shoot

I said they treat me like a slave, cah' me black

Woi, we feel a whole heap of pain, cah' we black

And man a say they put me in a chain, cah' we black

Imagine now, big gold chain full of rocks

How you no see the whip, left scars pon' me back

But now we have a big whip, parked pon' the block

All them say we doomed from the start, cah' we black

Remember this, every race start from the block, just remember that

all tea all shade. i posted and asked this either on this thread or somewhere else but really how much does her label control her artistic output in the end even tough she says her record deal lets her do whatever she want? like im sure she wrote political songs that went more in-depth than Cockroach - Wood On My Mind. how much would one bet they rejected the "4 Political Songs Take-Outs" she talked about a few months ago 

and at the same time, she needs to go big or go home with these "world conscious songs" that are outside of her lyrical universe 

like imagine her writing this. her poli songs weren't boring.. just too vague, not straightforward. Someone here said that pulling out a Bob Dylan would be weird yes, but she didn't reach the middle where these themes would comfortably sit in her discography. One could feel as if she wrote these songs to be #relevant (which wasn't the purpose of couse )

I'm the biggest hypocrite of 2015

Once I finish this, witnesses will convey just what I mean

Been feeling this way since I was 16, came to my senses

You never liked us anyway, fuck your friendship, I meant it

I'm African-American, I'm African

I'm black as the moon, heritage of a small village

Pardon my residence

Came from the bottom of mankind

My hair is nappy, my dick is big, my nose is round and wide

You hate me don't you?

You hate my people, your plan is to terminate my culture

You're fuckin' evil I want you to recognize that I'm a proud monkey

You vandalize my perception but can't take style from me

And this is more than confession

I mean I might press the button just so you know my discretion

I'm guardin' my feelins, I know that you feel it

You sabotage my community, makin' a killin'

You made me a killer, emancipation of a real :)

The blacker the berry, the sweeter the juice

The blacker the berry, the bigger I shoot

I said they treat me like a slave, cah' me black

Woi, we feel a whole heap of pain, cah' we black

And man a say they put me in a chain, cah' we black

Imagine now, big gold chain full of rocks

How you no see the whip, left scars pon' me back

But now we have a big whip, parked pon' the block

All them say we doomed from the start, cah' we black

Remember this, every race start from the block, just remember that

I'm with you 100% on her label not letting her have enough control over her music. I think her label is the reason why Coachella was put on LFL. I think her label is also the reason we didn't get the bar music video, instead we got the mess that is White Mustang. I also believe that's the case with the ultraviolence/freak video. At the end of the day the only people who know the whole truth about her label is Lana herself and the people at interscope. This isn't some conspiracy, her label probably just wants what's going to get the most sales, and I think Lana and her managers just want what's going to cause the least amount of controversy. 

this is the reason why I wish Lana would o side B's on her albums. Sometimes Lana's album outtakes end up being better than alot of the album tracks.

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

#NoMoreExtraLongSongTitlesPlease! 

Unless the songs serve justice,  like in Fucked My Way Up To The Top

In other news,  I could actually really cherish a mellow album of RBFY,  Yosemite,  Sylvia,  HIAB  and a few more,  so long as they don't blend into the same sound and just feel like an extension of Change and White Mustang in the end. 

Poor Arcadia is getting so many notifications 

Heroin, Cruel World, Brooklyn Baby 

I would love if she did an album that was part UV "rock" style like Cruel World, part hippie-stripped back rock/folk like Brooklyn Baby with a few songs with intricate/eerie production like Heroin.

(Bonus: The Blackest Day and Cherry)

ngl I just want it to stop, I didn't realise my question would blow up :icant: :icant: :icant:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What makes us so sure she's working with Jack though? like apart from their pictures together.. it doesn't always mean it's for her album. Maybe she's just experimenting with him to see which producers she needs for LDR6? Also idk if i've asked this before but do we really think that she'll release an LP THIS year? It doesn't feel like it's gonna happen. We know how long Lana takes with dragging out her album pre release cycle... and at this point we don't even have a lead single or if Lana has even thought about releasing one

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e