Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Am I the only one who feels like some exaggerate how happy her recent songs actually are?

Lust For Life and GBA are really the only songs on LFL that I would call "happy" songs. Most of the other songs are either a.) still written around negative experiences or feelings (13B, Cherry, IMF, Coachella, WWTWAW, TNC, Heroin) or b.) optimistic with sadness sprinkled in (Love - "Seen so much you could get the blues/It's enough just to make you go crazy", Change, Get Free - "War in my mind, etc.").

Even other recent songs like HIAB and LIB are a little sad - if you look beyond the titles, she's singing about how she *tries* to catch happiness, and she's trying to convince someone else in an unhappy state of mind that life is beautiful.

I think Lana will always have a bit of sadness in her music. It may not be "but I wish I was dead" sadness, but maybe more of a low-key, bittersweet sadness. To me, Change is a song that's a little sad, a little happy - bittersweet - and if her new material is truly supposed to be Change-like, well...I'm here for it.  :runs: 

giphy-1.gif 

All I want from Lana right now is for her to stop getting filers, and if she insists on getting them, get a better doctor. 

I'm surprised no one in her team or a fan has told her to stop

All I want from Lana right now is for her to stop getting filers, and if she insists on getting them, get a better doctor.

Gosh her face fillers yes. But her deflated lips look so bad I feel terrible for her

I'm surprised no one in her team or a fan has told her to stop

Imagine a fan telling her to her face that she needs to stop with the fillers omg. I would die of secondhand embarassment

Gosh her face fillers yes. But her deflated lips look so bad I feel terrible for her

how can y'all tell. i'm so clueless about plastic surgery. i know she had some work on her nose and her lips, but has she continued to get a lot of stuff done?

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

how can y'all tell. i'm so clueless about plastic surgery. i know she had some work on her nose and her lips, but has she continued to get a lot of stuff done?

It took me a while to notice too..look close at the bridge of her nose in between her eyes. It’s very wide and almost makes it look like her eyes are very far apart. The cheek fillers are harder to see but it just makes her face look rounder, she looks skinnier in the face when they’re deflating. I really don’t get the point of the cheek ones. Her lips are obvious.

Imagine a fan telling her to her face that she needs to stop with the fillers omg. I would die of secondhand embarassment

honestly we need someone to take one for the team to tell her that those fillers make her look terrible

I wish she would just stop with the fillers SHE DOESN'T NEED THEM. I mean god we've all seen Lana's parents, they look great for their age. Chuck and Charlie look like teenagers sometimes. She has blessed genetics. I feel bad because I feel like it's a body dysmorphia thing with lana. I don't want to play armchair therapist, or be dramatic. It's just something I can't not notice when I look a pictures of Lana.

I wish she would just stop with the fillers SHE DOESN'T NEED THEM. I mean god we've all seen Lana's parents, they look great for their age. Chuck and Charlie look like teenagers sometimes. She has blessed genetics. I feel bad because I feel like it's a body dysmorphia thing with lana. I don't want to play armchair therapist, or be dramatic. It's just something I can't not notice when I look a pictures of Lana.

i think its a body dysmorphia thing with her too...i especially suspect she doesn't want to be seen without them so she does them again before they deflate fully and then it's like filler on top of filler. idk she's so gorgeous i wish she'd feel confident without them

i think its a body dysmorphia thing with her too...i especially suspect she doesn't want to be seen without them so she does them again before they deflate fully and then it's like filler on top of filler. idk she's so gorgeous i wish she'd feel confident without them

I have body dysmorphia, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was the root of her need to get fillers. I wonder if the line "if I get a little prettier can I be your baby" is deeper than a pretty string of words. She has made dramatic leaps with her look. I mean she's never had crazy plastic surgery it's little things that can be reversed. It's not like she's getting silicone in her lips, and 5 nose jobs to point where she doesn't look human. 

the real question here is why are ya'll obsessed over what a person does to their face. like, it has zero effect on your life

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

the real question here is why are ya'll obsessed over what a person does to their face. like, it has zero effect on your life

Retweet

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

This is real important-

Starting today, chart wise,  Spotify and You tube with selected artists will only allow listening if one is a premium member
​And all the other streaming services will follow.

Jason Aldean is the first to test this out both on Spotify and You tube.

As it means more money to each artist, I say that is a great thing for the artist, but it means streams won't count unless one is a signed up,

paid for member of each different one. (And only those will even hear it. It means later on, probably in week 2 or 3 or 4, then they will

allow free stream, but by that time, the debut week is over.

So time to stop being cheap, and time to sign up.

(and remember, in US, only those in US count toward the US charts. And only if streaming the album itself.

This is also the way these companies will be allowed to stay in business, what with copyrights and all.

I myself am fine with this.

A dentist wouldn't fix a cavity for free, why should a musician, writer, poet give it away?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

i will keep giving my money to the artists i wanna support via buying their music, merch & concert tickets, but i sure as fuck won't be blackmailed into giving it away to billion dollar companies to able to listen to said music on their terms. where i live 'piracy' is completely legal if it's for private use, so... *kanye shrug*.

Am I the only one who feels like some exaggerate how happy her recent songs actually are?

Lust For Life and GBA are really the only songs on LFL that I would call "happy" songs. Most of the other songs are either a.) still written around negative experiences or feelings (13B, Cherry, IMF, Coachella, WWTWAW, TNC, Heroin) or b.) optimistic with sadness sprinkled in (Love - "Seen so much you could get the blues/It's enough just to make you go crazy", Change, Get Free - "War in my mind, etc.").

Even other recent songs like HIAB and LIB are a little sad - if you look beyond the titles, she's singing about how she *tries* to catch happiness, and she's trying to convince someone else in an unhappy state of mind that life is beautiful.

I think Lana will always have a bit of sadness in her music. It may not be "but I wish I was dead" sadness, but maybe more of a low-key, bittersweet sadness. To me, Change is a song that's a little sad, a little happy - bittersweet - and if her new material is truly supposed to be Change-like, well...I'm here for it.  :runs: 

The only problem I got is that I really dislike Rick's production, especially on LFL (Honeymoon really grew on me recently), it is so washed up & boring

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

Chuck has definitely had some work done too