Elle

LDR6 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Nope, Nothing official.

Silent Lana is a recording Lana usually. She cut her hair, and was seen with a man in LA (imagine how people are going wild, she is with a man in public!!!! She must be in luv!! Or just hanging with a man). But we here, on LB, made a big fuss of Lana changing her bio on Insta (scrapping her singer title) and disabling her comments section on her social medias. That sums it up. Now we are all going crazy imagining the album has changed tone and that she hates her life and us (which was not confirmed in any way). Not even a fake news regarding the next single has surfaced this week.

​Oh, I almost forgot: Lana will be «featured» in the new Elvis documentary that will be in theaters on June 22. Rumor has it that a snippet of her Elvis song is playing in the background.

Thank you so much for update

I was moving, so...had no time for net and sometimes no net at all

I really need new music from Lana yearly, otherwise when i look back at the years of no release aka 2016, i just think negatively of the whole year

2016 was one of the worst years of my life and the only positive side of 2016 was seeing Lana for the first time  :icant:

She's not posting for 16 days and idk i miss her...

tumblr_oh5ymxVl201rlfl6ro1_540.gif

i want an autumn album, something organic and not very electronic sounding-- doesnt mean it has to be folk but just...i want PWYC level recordings. the rawness of a single take song. like maybe an actual jazz record  :crossed: 

fuck me up yesss JAZZZZZZZ 

She needs to give to the gays what they want making a Paradise 2.0 with Dan's production

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Violins: yes

Trap beats: no

Ultraviolence type of sad songs: yes

Paradise type of sad songs: no

Terrence Loves You kind of jazz: yes

Lady Gaga kind of jazz: no

What is Paradise type of sad songs

This is the type of song I wish she would sing

From another contralto the legendary and much like Lana 

Marlene Dietrich 

(this is the English version, the German version is even better) of this Pete Seeger Song (and Lana, Edith, Marlene all part of the resistance to trumphitler)

Jazz Folk Cabaret Protest...(who gives a fucking shit what the label is, music is music. One don't need to give a label to everything.)

After all, what is a Label except for something on a Soup Can and Soup Cans can be worth tens of millions of dollars (Warhol) or not even 10 cents

Marlene Dietrich

Where have all the flowers gone

https://youtu.be/8KLNwPppKTM

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This is the type of song I wish she would sing

https://youtu.be/8KLNwPppKTM

I like it very much but Lana has a weaker voice in terms of power (how Stevie called her her little echo) and I believe that's why she composes her songs with complex melody and a lot of vocal ornaments that she can handle so she makes up for the lack of the diaphragm singing ability that sounds incredible on its own

After all she writes songs she knows will definitely work whether it be a similar key, similar song format/construction, same key configuration etc (I'm not an expert so spare me if I miss the correct terms but I know some things lol)

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Smh, did y'all already forget how breathtaking a grungy, rainy, rock autumn album would be??  :whine:  :rock:  :illumilana2:  :cumming:

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I had forgotten she said she’s written “the most beautiful songs” on her honeymoon account almost two months ago. She’s had plenty of time to write even more songs and that’s probably why she’s being quite for a long period of time. So, if we’re lucky we’ll get the lead single by July/August and the album in September. Another honeymoon situation :trisha: :lange: :wowcry: :angie: maybe I’m reaching but let me dream :angie: :eartha2:

I just can’t imagine a summer going by without new Lana music :oprah: :oprah2: :oprah3:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

Smh, did y'all already forget how breathtaking a grungy, rainy, rock autumn album would be??  :whine:  :rock:  :illumilana2:  :cumming:

dear god any time someone associates albums with seasons i think of this huge debate on the lfl pre release thread where everyone was fighting about what seasons BTD and honeymoon would be and i still can't sleep peacefully because of it

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

@kitschesque

actually, many thought Dietrich did not have a strong voice and there is another version of the same song where she basically just whispers it

I used to think Lana was pitch perfect, but I do believe she is more a "metronome" singer when she is writing in her mind and then putting it down

I picture a metronome was used in her version of "Once upon a dream"  (Art Garfunkel is the same, I can't at this second remember what it is called but he

gets into key by quickly blowing into something that brings out a note and then starts singing, a small thing not a kazoo, damn, what is that called)

As to Nicks statement, never quite understood it to mean what you do...I think what she was referring to that she is older, Lana younger, but they are equals

(in a  perfect world, Lana would have replaced Lindsay Buckingham temporarily for the F Mac tour)

Lana in her own way is doing what Jerry Garcia and the Dead did in their world

Lana does power ballads that build very well, only she is not shouting like a Robert Plant or Meatloaf, or Springsteen. (who should do her songs)

(and maybe one day one of them will)

Here is the version I alluded to above, of "Where have all the Flowers Gone" By Marlene Dietrich where she basically is almost speaking it softly brings a tear to the eyes in its subtle forcefullness

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Who else feels a fall/winter album coming? Honestly, I'm here for those types of vibes. Seems way too late now for a summer album. I think we're getting maybe a video at most. But who knows.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I want an Autumn/Winter album. Something very dark and mystical. Like Paradise (strings) with a hint of grunge (guitars).

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

born to die is a winter album, although it does have some summer songs (video games, lucky ones, summertime sadness)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Just read that now if you call the Honeymoon hotline 30 seconds of American starts playing. Is that some kind of clue? Like Best American Record being part of the album? A fully political album? It's your time to get crazy and create stupid theories that make no sense over a fact with no importance so the wait doesn't feel as long