Amadeus

Galilee, Israel @ Meteor Festival - Sep 7, 2018 (CANCELLED)

I'm sure you've suffered so much in your life, and now you don't get to see Lana, how tragic.

Well please think about the palestinian children that didn't get to experience high school, just trying to survive your horrifying massacre.

skull.gif

i76mrxw.png 

People need to stop pretending they care about these kids in Israel. Seriously you look like a joke. Sit your entitled, pretentious fake woke flat ass down.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm sure you've suffered so much in your life, and now you don't get to see Lana, how tragic. 

Well please think about the palestinian children that didn't get to experience high school, just trying to survive your horrifying massacre.

snap a biT sis !

This is such a selfish comment... if we were to use this logic the fucking USA should not get ANY concert but yet here they are getting entire tour legs dedicated to them

What are YOU doing for the children affected by war. Not only between middle eastern countries but also the ones started by Western countries

Actually have been worried the past few days about her performing there because there was clearly a chance for her safety to be compromised due to the discourse between the countries and her initial decision of playing there. I stand by what I’ve said but have learned more about the situation. Yes it’s disappointing she had canceled and it’s unfortunate for the israel fans. But there are palestine children dying. I think her decision to not play in either place is best because she clearly can’t appease the extreme people on both sides. Hey lana,

Can you come to new york?

I couldn't be more thrilled that Roger Waters is emeshed now in his own major scandal now for his undying love for Putin & Putin's takeover of Crimea

Crimeariver of no tears for Roger. Roger can go fuck himself along with other Putin-ites like Greenwald (who also is whining).

May they extract and prosecute to the fullest degree that fakewiki guy ASSange.

BTW- Aretha's funeral rocked big time, didn't it.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This is such a selfish comment... if we were to use this logic the fucking USA should not get ANY concert but yet here they are getting entire tour legs dedicated to them

What are YOU doing for the children affected by war. Not only between middle eastern countries but also the ones started by Western countries

Shit... you just said everything that needed to be said.

I couldn't be more thrilled that Roger Waters is emeshed now in his own major scandal now for his undying love for Putin & Putin's takeover of Crimea

Crimeariver of no tears for Roger. Roger can go fuck himself along with other Putin-ites like Greenwald (who also is whining).

May they extract and prosecute to the fullest degree that fakewiki guy ASSange.

BTW- Aretha's funeral rocked big time, didn't it.

WTF

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

@@evilentity impact

I'm happy to absorb blame from people upset by her decision, but if anyone deserves credit it's @ahmadmerhebe on Twitter for starting a fan driven petition and CODEPINK for doing their own petition and traditional BDS groups for organizing aainst it.

the festival threw big shade at her now for canceling them.

From Meteor's statement: "We do appreciate her for choosing meteor to help her score some press attention."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this wasn't a premeditated sequence of events. She pretty much pissed off her entire fanbase at some point along the way: Palestinians and pro-Palestine fans who were pissed she even scheduled the concert in the first place, Israelis and pro-Israel fans upset she canceled, and some apolitical fans upset by her "caving".

Western countries only care about themselves.

Pretty sure nobody in the West would have given a shit one way or the other if this were true.

I'm so sorry the majority of her fans are self righteous selfish twits.

california gays are so selfish

This is such a selfish comment...

Y'all can fuck right off. Seriously. Do you hear yourselves? Paraphrasing what I said earlier, anybody who would prioritize their fandom or others' fandom for an artist over supporting human rights is selfish. To turn around and call "selfish" people who actually do prioritize supporting human rights over people's fandom is disgusting. The fucking nerve.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

I'm happy to absorb blame from people upset by her decision, but if anyone deserves credit it's @ahmadmerhebe on Twitter for starting a fan driven petition and CODEPINK for doing their own petition and traditional BDS groups for organizing aainst it.

From Meteor's statement: "We do appreciate her for choosing meteor to help her score some press attention."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure this wasn't a premeditated sequence of events. She pretty much pissed off her entire fanbase at some point along the way: Palestinians and pro-Palestine fans who were pissed she even scheduled the concert in the first place, Israelis and pro-Israel fans upset she canceled, and some apolitical fans upset by her "caving".

Pretty sure nobody in the West would have given a shit one way or the other if this were true.

Y'all can fuck right off. Seriously. Do you hear yourselves? Paraphrasing what I said earlier, anybody who would prioritize their fandom or others' fandom for an artist over supporting human rights is selfish. To turn around and call "selfish" people who actually do prioritize supporting human rights over people's fandom is disgusting. The fucking nerve.

"y'all can f-ck right off" we love a moderator that uses his privilege to curse out other members eventhough they can't curse back

arent you like a grown adult, you should know people have differing opinions than you. please get over yourself for the love of god 

where were y'all when she performed in Russia (multiple times!!)? a communist country where innocent people die every day and gays are killed everyday LEGALLY!?!

This is a really difficult situation but lana has fucked up big time, and she has to pay the consequences its like she has learned nothing from the uv era tbh. Although she is only human and I think people should cut her some slack, I think she should of stuck to her guns because now it looks like she's caved into the GPS opinions and not listened to her own inituition or considered any of the political fallout from either sides of the arguments.

She had an opportunity to cancel after becoming more knowledgable of the situation from the backlash on twitter but she still decided to play and did several massive paragraphs but she's made herself look silly by cancelling after all the "I'm not cancelling it's about the music"

To be fair no one forced Lana to be an activist. She chose to spread somewhat of an awareness and decided to throw a bunch of her own ideals on LFL.

She's the one that pointed at herself and said she's trying to make a difference.

I don't give a rats ass about a celebrity not caring about issues greater than all of us, but she said she does and I really don't see any real outcome, and don't get me wrong, I'm down with all this surfaced positive attitude and flowers and smiles and all that but if you wanna stand up for something real you have to do it right. And she's mixing these two and a whole lot of shit is the output.

To add to that, I'm a broke Polish uni student living off of financial aid & I never stated I'm going to make a change in the world because me and many other tiny ass fans have enough struggles in our daily lives to get over with. But Lana decided her voice matters and chose to be a real participant & that's why she can't really be immune to criticism.

I know I'm extra with replying to not even kitschesque adressed post shut up

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Mods just lock this thread please

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You