partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

6 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Seems like that's a wrap for now! I think I said everything essential that I wanted to say. Hope this brought some closure to those who were seeking it or that at least you learnt something interesting. It was fun and maybe one day I will come back to talk more, maybe in upcoming years more interesting stuff to talk about will surface as well. Thanks for joining and being all nice and respectful. And remember, Lana's word is always above me or any of us, she is the artist and the visionary and none of us other than her will fully know the truth about all those mysterious things.

Pre-order and stream the amazing Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, out March 10th!

Thank you so much for coming on here and sharing your insight with us. We all really appreciate you. I admire your honesty while maintaining respect for Lana and her privacy, and your class when talking about other people within the community with similar intel to you. Maybe on the flipside we could catch you again! ;)

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Some general answers from past pages:

Pretty sure that technically nothing is stopping them from releasing Is This Happiness and Flipside on streaming anymore, next time Lana goes on a longer live chat, ask her for that. Speaking of which though, Flipside was never really considered for UV. It was recorded as a rough one day demo at Nightbird and they pretty much just decided to mix it and release like that. Good for us, cool song that would have been lost.

Rock Candy Sweet seems to just be a phrase Lana liked, it seems to be originally stemming from a song called Loved You Then Loved You Now she did with Jack, but later also used it in Watercolor Eyes, but one is not a rework of another or anything. Watercolor Eyes is a song that can be very much considered a BB outtake though, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't made yet when Lana announced the former Rock Candy Sweet album.

UFB and Flipside were recorded in the same studio.

2 minutes ago, byylica said:

Honestly LYTAN has always been surrounded by some kind of a mystery - it's also interesting that she's been trying to fit that one in two albums in a row and I think it's also the 1st possible title track (since 'Rock Candy Sweet' phrase comes from this one, considering it as a separate project or BB original title) that we've known about, that ended up being completely scrapped and not even released as an album track - watch for instance Arcadia or Tulsa Jesus Freak eventually being released but as singles/regular tracks..

Speaking about Tulsa! -  it's been constantly on my mind since Honeymoun revealed that LYTAN sounds like TJF x IYLDWM in their opinion and I'd be genuinely just intrigued to see someone's perspective on that comparison.

Inch resting, I’d like to get a better sense of how this particular track fits in the LDR timeline. Was this originally started during Chemtrails, scrapped, but came back on her radar after Chemtrails was released? Did she intend for this song to be a continuation of Chemtrails (let’s call it Chemtrails 2.0) or did she want this song to be a part of her angry/revenge RCS phase? Maybe she reworked it for RCS and then decided to ditch it completely which kind of makes sense because a stripped back Chemtrails-esuqe song doesn’t seem to really align with a thematically aggressive record? 

14 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Seems like that's a wrap for now! I think I said everything essential that I wanted to say. Hope this brought some closure to those who were seeking it or that at least you learnt something interesting. It was fun and maybe one day I will come back to talk more, maybe in upcoming years more interesting stuff to talk about will surface as well. Thanks for joining and being all nice and respectful. And remember, Lana's word is always above me or any of us, she is the artist and the visionary and none of us other than her will fully know the truth about all those mysterious things.

Pre-order and stream the amazing Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd, out March 10th!

thank you for sharing!

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Pretty sure that technically nothing is stopping them from releasing Is This Happiness and Flipside on streaming anymore, next time Lana goes on a longer live chat, ask her for that. Speaking of which though, Flipside was never really considered for UV. It was recorded as a rough one day demo at Nightbird and they pretty much just decided to mix it and release like that. Good for us, cool song that would have been lost.

hate to quote you and clog your notifs even more but thank you so much for answering my question. I didn't even want to bother you asking directly so I just threw the question to see if anyone else had answers

bless your heart for doing all of this :wowcry: huge days for this fandom

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

On 1/4/2023 at 8:10 PM, 111 said:

Im at a party on an edible writing on my phone so i havent read anything I will go back and reply in more depth and maybe share more lana lore and info from those days 

you might’ve been on edibles but you still said what you said :pout:

And that's a wrap .. :bebe:

Thank you for being here :wub: these were some of the most insightful days as a Lana fan tbh 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Just now, The Dragonslayer said:

i think not - reason being I'm pretty sure its getting released 

I'm pretty sure not as ain't no way Ben Mawson will free any Lana samples for a girl who ditched his management recently so...

Just now, Nikki Lane said:

I'm pretty sure not as ain't no way Ben Mawson will free any Lana samples for a girl who ditched his management recently so...

the sample was already cleared but idk if her leaving would've affected that

"whens it gonna be my turn, dont forget me"

1 minute ago, The Dragonslayer said:

i think not - reason being I'm pretty sure its getting released 

DL3 is trip-hop inspired then? BOZ come back here, LB deserves some tea on Miss Lipa new magnum opus!

28f86ed650faa5c929167dc4b8b180ff.jpg

8nl2OpX.png