Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

Ugh can we ALL take a moment to just appreciate the fact that is probably the first song we get that’s not produced by rick (Zzzz) nowels in a while ! Ugh the only thing i ever ask of lana is that she delivers with something fresh! (And to work with Steven at any given time !) .. ugh the vibe is so amazing.. it reminds me of early 2000’s soft punk rock.. just the sound i need. Can’t wait to hear not one but TWO new songs! She seems very confident in her work with Jackoff Antonoff

I hope we're gonna get MAC on Wednesday as a cute preview and this second one on Friday as a lead, bop single.

it honestly doesn't seem like they're for a project though. they're either randoms from LFL she re-did with Jack or just ones she did with him she doesn't want to use - the way she worded her post makes it seem like she's only intending on putting these two out for now.

it honestly doesn't seem like they're for a project though. they're either randoms from LFL she re-did with Jack or just ones she did with him she doesn't want to use - the way she worded her post makes it seem like she's only intending on putting these two out for now.

You might be right. Anyway I’m curious how it’s gonna turn out.

giphy.gif

I think you all are over-analyzing her words as usual. Neither song may be a lead single, but they’ll find their way onto the album. She introduced Coachella/West Coast in a similar manner.

This! It just doesn't make sense for these to be standalones. She hasn't been the type to really just release songs by themselves, they always end up on an album. Yes the album may not be coming this week or next month or even the month after but I have a feeling we will have one by the end of the year. These songs are definitely a prelude to a project that is either completed or nearly completed. Just because she doesn't say "singles from the album" doesn't mean there isn't an album and they won't be included on it!

I personally don't think these songs will make it onto the album which is why she's choosing to release them separately without alluding towards an album concept, but it's obvious these will be an indication of what's to come thematically and sonically on the next album (not even as a stepping stone to a new sound, because I feel like she's more or less completed the album, so the new songs will be more like a taster)

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

I think you all are over-analyzing her words as usual. Neither song may be a lead single, but they’ll find their way onto the album. She introduced Coachella/West Coast in a similar manner.

West Coast was the lead from UV though. Coachella was made after 2 singles were already out and most of the album already done. Doesn't mean to say they won't be on her next album, but i don't think they're intended to be leads or anything. It just feels like she just wanted to put them out.

I hope these are standalone singles because i really dont want cheesy folk for LDR6, please Lana dont do it :defeated:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

She’s probably gonna put these two tracks on her record. Remember Coachella was the same way. A random track she threw on her album. Love and HBTB and even West Coast I think all were released before album info and even if she doesn’t mention it, these two apparently have a video series or something along those lines (which Chuck posted about and then deleted) so if there is actually a video series these songs have a lot of meaning to Lana.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

This! It just doesn't make sense for these to be standalones. She hasn't been the type to really just release songs by themselves

I get your point but we need to remember that she expressed that she liked the idea of releasing the songs as quickly as possible so that they're still relevant the moment they're out pointing at Coachella's release so that might be the case this time as well.

I do have a feeling these 2 might be a standalone thing or an EP. But if they indeed work their way up to the LP then it wouldn't make sense throwing just these two out there and instead going for a Froot Of The Month type of release. But it's a stretch & idk.

I think it's a standalone thing or an EP just to test the waters before the LP arrives so that they can decide what to do next.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I get your point but we need to remember that she expressed that she liked the idea of releasing the songs as quickly as possible so that they're still relevant the moment they're out pointing at Coachella's release so that might be the case this time as well.

I do have a feeling these 2 might be a standalone thing or an EP. But if they indeed work their way up to the LP then it wouldn't make sense throwing just these two out there and instead going for a Froot Of The Month type of release. But it's a stretch & idk.

I think it's a standalone thing or an EP just to test the waters before the LP arrives so that they can decide what to do next.

Pretty much this. I think she's just in a good place right now and just feels like release music. A lot of artists lately have been breaking the typical release mould, as it's really not what listeners want. Artists should be able to release music whenever they choose or whenever they feel like, without it leading into a bigger project. If she makes two songs she's happy with and she wants to release them, why not! Interscope/Polydor have always been pretty good with her tbh. 

I fucking knew the beachy vibes at the end of Get Free were going to be an indication of the direction she would take for the next album, and honestly I'm SO FUCKING HERE FOR THIS. Give me those heavenly coastal surf noir folky vibes.

Pretty much this. I think she's just in a good place right now and just feels like release music. A lot of artists lately have been breaking the typical release mould, as it's really not what listeners want. Artists should be able to release music whenever they choose or whenever they feel like, without it leading into a bigger project. If she makes two songs she's happy with and she wants to release them, why not! Interscope/Polydor have always been pretty good with her tbh. 

But Lana has always been more of an album artist, the only songs she tends to release that aren't part of an album are official soundtracks for films (e.g. Y&B, OUAD).