Hi! Mod team is aware of site issues and have contacted Admin :) ×
Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I've been saying over and over and over again how my hype for this album has died and how I'm not excited AT ALL but today I woke up listening to Flipside and then Groupie Love and then Mariners and now I just want this goddamn album I miss her music so much I just want to feel things I need my serotonine Lana...

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

am i the only one who likes her work

Her work is decent, it's just that her collabs with Lana for the past years have been lackluster. The LFL photoshoot was atrocious (but I bet Lana's lazy ass was to fault) and the videos for Mariners and Venice were pure trash. 

The thing with the two of them working together is that Lana is LAZY and Chuck just goes with whataver she wants. Other directors and photographers would push Lana more because... well... they're not related and they want to do their job. Chuck, being Lana's sister, probably just does what the good sis wants her to do and thats it. 

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

It has potential to be a great album but her best? That'd be hard but not impossible

definitely top half of the discography, but best? HM and UV are secured in the top spots for me, i feel

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

definitely top half of the discography, but best? HM and UV are secured in the top spots for me, i feel

You’re so right. This is why I’m so confused when I read people saying this is gonna be the best one yet

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

Alright. Like. Lemme just shove the jokes aside for a bit, nd no need to really drag the thread down, it's fine, but oh.my.god.OHMYGAWD. Like I get how people love Wild On You, I like it too. But. I'm in fucking LOVE w Cherry Blossom. It makes me wanna settle down like 20 years from now, to then holding my kid(s) and comforting them after a minor scrape or watching them go to their first day of preschool, taking the day off and watching em cry while I let em go after some bandages and Eskimo kisses, and then having snacks for them after their first day, and getting extremely relieved that they had a great, great T-rrific day and while they talk about one of the other kids that they made friends with during the drive home. They're playing in the backyard amongst fir and yew trees, the sun's gleaming nd then snack time, nd hw after dinner. Lowkey sassing my husband for some shit but making up for it by remembering to remind him of something that's almost due, w some kind of snack/beverage that he likes that I picked up from the way home.

Researching shit quietly here n there, knowing my family's shit w/o them knowing til they get brave, nd letting them think they won but being ok w it. Hobbies, family days, and my life's work while everyone's busy, eating together nd just lovingly annoying the fuck out of them for their own good, til they realize why tf I was. Til eventually they're fucking instigating things to do for Fathers' Day, getting me some particular shit that I had to help pick out for them and for their dad too. Lots of sarcasm, dumb jokes and laughing at how possibly they dk what to do, but helping em out then backing off at the right times.

Fuck.

I was thinking that, Cherry Blossom could be after How To Disappear, where she references "kids in the yard" , as some kind of hopeful, introspective tone to how she's gotten what she's must've wanted after a really long time of wanting it. I, personally think that'd b so beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRO6r1i2nU

Cherry Blossom is beautifully underrated w one of the best bridges she’s ever written imo. Wild One is meh after the first 1000 listens

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

Imagine if she drops the tracklist and there's like, 17-20 songs on there. WHEW I'm one hell of a dreamer. :w8ing:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Her work is decent, it's just that her collabs with Lana for the past years have been lackluster. The LFL photoshoot was atrocious (but I bet Lana's lazy ass was to fault) and the videos for Mariners and Venice were pure trash

The thing with the two of them working together is that Lana is LAZY and Chuck just goes with whataver she wants. Other directors and photographers would push Lana more because... well... they're not related and they want to do their job. Chuck, being Lana's sister, probably just does what the good sis wants her to do and thats it. 

let's not forget how @yourgirlchuck forgets to edit out Lana lip-syncing to Happiness Is A Butterfly in the MAC video.... like what kind of unprofessionalism is that

even if you use recycled footages, at least serve it like Bel Air, White Mustang and Freak  :crossed:

giphy.gif

wouldn't be surprised if HIAB is scrapped seeing as she used its video for the MAC video - or is that Lana's pure laziness?

having said that, she has teased it 3 times so it probs isn't

Her work is decent, it's just that her collabs with Lana for the past years have been lackluster. The LFL photoshoot was atrocious.

I agree. The LFL shoot was completely lackluster and flat. Regardless of what she wants to do with her personal image as a performer, she should be working with the best the industry has to offer.

wouldn't be surprised if HIAB is scrapped seeing as she used its video for the MAC video - or is that Lana's pure laziness?

having said that, she has teased it 3 times so it probs isn't

if HIAB is scrapped, I hope that someone hacks Lana's hard drive or icloud or dropbox or whatever the fuck and leaks it

giphy.gif

I know half of y'all hate it but that pic of Lana sitting on the ground looking at the sunset (sunrise?) is my favorite image of her ever I think and while I don't want it as the cover (I want something we haven't seen yet obvi) I want whatever it ends up being to have that vibe. 

Ugh, I’m so excited that we’re finally getting the rollout. I’m still trying hard not to listen to the songs we have, so they’ll all sound fresh as part of one cohesive album experience. Plus it’s going to be a summer album which fits the Laurel Canyon vibes.

Please let the album art be cute, though. It may sound silly, but bad album art can damper a listening experience for me - especially with an artist as visually-driven as Lana. Dying for a painting of her driving down a desert highway.