Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Well I agree about Lana's albums being growers but I don't think that just because a song sticks to my head that I like it.. I mean señorita has stuck I my head.. Do I like it? No :creep:

You're right. Señorita is a ear worm lol.

But the melodies are NFR stuck in my head plus some minor details in production made more sense after a couple of listens of FIILY or elements that I hadn't heard the first time.All of HM was like that for me: everything was such in minor mode that I didn't pick everything at first.

I guess I explained it badly :\

I just ordered the pink vinyl from UO this is my first LDR vinyl I’m so excited!!!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

She says the cinnamon in her teeth is from “your kiss.” If you have a coffee at Starbucks and add cinnamon to it, as many do and as Starbucks provides, and then kiss someone, you might pass cinnamon into his or her mouth.

She may have changed the title—or perhaps it was always called Cinnamon Girl to LDR—as a shout out to the well-known song of the same name from the classic rock era by Neil Young.

So if she got cinnamon in her teeth from a kiss and the song is called Cinnamon Girl can we all agree that this song is about her kissing other girl? I love a wlw anthem fan.gif

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Right? There's something really unpolished and DIY-ish about the production, some parts sound really amateur.

I'm starting to think she really did have some torrid affair with Jack, and they spent all their time in the studio fucking like jackrabbits instead of working on these poor songs. NFR, IYC, Cinnamon & HIAB sound like they were all recorded, mixed and mastered in one day, and not even a whole day...business hours.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

That’s my problem, I don’t want to waste my time on a leak of the album when you can’t even hear the production well enough. What’s the point??? I’d rather hear it in the best quality so my brain can pick the instrumentals apart as well as lyrics and her vocals

Well, yeah, I agree with you. But my post was adressed more towards the people who say you can't make a song ranking because of the bad quality, you can easily and definetly make a ranking and I doubt our rankings will change drastically after we hear the full thing in HQ. 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

You're right. Señorita is a ear worm lol.

But the melodies are NFR stuck in my head plus some minor details in production made more sense after a couple of listens of FIILY or elements that I hadn't heard the first time.All of HM was like that for me: everything was such in minor mode that I didn't pick everything at first.

I guess I explained it badly :\

Noo I get it, same happened with Honeymoon for me and with Venice Bitch ending up being one of my top songs in general although when I first listened to it I was like "tf is that"

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Well, yeah, I agree with you. But my post was adressed more towards the people who say you can't make a song ranking because of the bad quality, you can easily and definetly make a ranking and I doubt our rankings will change drastically after we hear the full thing in HQ.

You can get 3/5ths to 4/5ths of the essence of the songs from the LQ versions. You can get the entire sense of the song structure or lack of structure.

I agree with LanaFlowers that the production and arrangements on about half the tracks are unexceptional, but, again, I assume this is the result LDR and Jack wanted.

She says the cinnamon in her teeth is from “your kiss.” If you have a coffee at Starbucks and add cinnamon to it, as many do and as Starbucks provides, and then kiss someone, you might pass cinnamon into his or her mouth.

She may have changed the title—or perhaps it was always called Cinnamon Girl to LDR—as a shout out to the well-known song of the same name from the classic rock era by Neil Young.

It’s exactly this.

8V7Yvel.png

Ranking from best to worst upon first listen:

01. Venice Bitch (Unbeatable)

02. California

03. Bartender

04. The Greatest

05. Happiness Is A Butterfly

06. Love Song

07. Norman Fucking Rockwell

08. Cinnamon Girl

09. How To Disappear (I’m guessing)

10. Fuck It, I Love You

11. The Next Best American Record

12. Mariners Apartment Complex

13. Doin’ Time

14. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing

Perfect taste

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

the bass in the latter parts of HIAB is so good this album is absolutely fantastic

hiab turned from "delete this lana" from back when she posted the first snippet to one of my fave songs  :defeated: 

image.png

I'm starting to think she really did have some torrid affair with Jack, and they spent all their time in the studio fucking like jackrabbits instead of working on these poor songs. NFR, IYC, Cinnamon & HIAB sound like they were all recorded, mixed and mastered in one day, and not even a whole day...business hours.

Right?! I cannot actually believe that she made us wait a whole year for this. And also I'm really disappointed that this is how HIAB ended up like... I was actually looking forward to hear that one, only to realize that we had basically already heard it all with the three snippets/tease she put on instagram. 

all of you who have listented to the album, can you do like a mood chart for every song?

like:

which song is:

Sad

sexy

uplifting

depressed

happy

careless

Love Song - Sweet and soft but also pretty sad 

Cinnamon Girl - Sultry and cute

Bartender - Melancholic 

NFR - Bluesy and strong

California - Nostalgic and sad-ish

FIILY - Chill/neutral 

HIAB - Sad and sweet with some angsty elements 

The Greatest - Sad-ish but powerful

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

i know lana doesn't owe us anything but i wish she'd tweet or something i just wanna know what's HAPPENING

I don't expect her to say anything on the leak officially. But is she waiting to see if other leaks will come around with possible early deliveries of NFR (that kid on Saturday can't be the only one)? Was there something else planned for this week (the 2 singles and the MV)? Can she rush-release the damn album this week (Taylor will have her number 1 anyways no matter what she does)?