Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Am I the only one who doesn't associate Lana's albums with specific seasons? Especially regardless of which month they were released in?

I'm curious, why don't you? Even just regarding the lyrics it's impossible for me not associate them. They got "summer" plastered all over. But funny enough for me the strongest association is Sirens and the end of fall

ZKcaooE.png

Am I the only one who doesn't associate Lana's albums with specifc seasons? Especially regardless of which month they were released in?

Lana’s music can be listened to at any season, but LFL is really summer. Almost all the songs from it « make more sense » in summer. HM is really end-of-summer also. The others are not that strongly associated to a season in my mind.

I'm curious, why don't you? Even just regarding the lyrics it's impossible for me not associate them. They got "summer" plastered all over. But funny enough for me the strongest association is Sirens and the end of fall

I'm not sure tbh. I just listen to Lana's music throughout the year. I suppose when I listen to Paradise, I can envision summer in my mind more than other seasons, but that's about as far as it goes

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

AKA: summer

BTD: late spring/summer

PD: Autumn

UV: summer or winter

HM: summer

LFL: ???

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Why are y'all talking about album being released in May/June when she said it'll probably drop in 1st quarter, which literally means we're getting NFR in January, February or March? :deadbanana:

Bcz this fandom dont fucking listen.

True but also didn't she announced UV for March 1st? And it came out June 13th? Or am I mistaken? We're literally fan of an artist that has "trust no one" tattooed and she did say "probably"... Tropico doesn't forget

ZKcaooE.png

True but also didn't she announced UV for March 1st? And it came out June 13th? Or am I mistaken? We're literally fan of an artist that has "trust no one" tattooed and she did say "probably"... Tropico doesn't forget

May 1st, how could you forget this lovely date.

giphy.gif

May 1st, how could you forget this lovely date.

Oh yes I apologise, I just checked the dates and indeed she announced on February 6th getting out of 1Oak that it would be out May 1st. For my defence I only started being a stan in late December 2014 :defeated: Missing the UV era is one of the biggest regrets of my life

ZKcaooE.png

UV was supposed to come out on May 1st if I am right. Problem was, though, that the Black Keys (Dan’s band) were releasing their album also on May 1st. My guess is that UV was done by that time but Interscope didn’t want to interfere with Dan and wanted a number 1 album, so it got pushed back to June 13.

Honestly no its fine. I mean it's always hot in CA and I hate how it gets that way so no I empathize. I remember listening to TIWMUG all lost with the sun beaming down . And no I get it, it's all different for everyone most times, and for me, I just get the sense of movement in the city when I think of BtD. The overproduction, the speed of the lyrics, how her voice sort of drowns u in her world of trouble, and I guess that being so hectic, again reminds me of the city, but anyway no yeah her narrative lately's been about summer so I get ur drift.. 

I tried associating LfL with the spring, it didn't really catch on all that well with me. Again, the whole winter-summer paradox of feeling. Maybe the next one might be the best for it tho. I mean the release date sure, but narratively, MAC and VB are already hazing the atmosphere with its post summer vibes, if its even associated with NFR. 

I'd like to relate to this one especially, bc of the industrial setting, that feeling when you're driving in CA when its just a bit brisk and that's how u know it's still winter even if the sun still peaks through the gloom

I personally love the transition from Winter to Spring, not just symbolically, but just the life that comes with it, a kind of freshness and calm after the excitement you're still feeling still round Feb from the holidays. Could be literal defrosting and flower fields. I think that'd fit the surf vibes well, maybe she could make it a bit more floral groovy too in aesthetic to then carry that transition thru

that really hits me though because i think the one song i picture as an east-coast sort of setting would be TIWMUG. i don't know why but i picture it late summer-maybe autumn where the girls are just using up the last days of the late sun, you know? i have memories like that from there since i'm from there so it could be that. and yeah coming late to the game i got btd in a summer season so to me i was also being effected by the summer edits, etc i wwas seeing as being claimed her aesthetic then she kept it up in summer so it stayed in my mind

I have great memories of Paradise fall/early winter release so I don't have a problem with her releasing it in February to be honest

Especially since it's an experimental thing in my eyes and that corresponds to long winter nights idk

Of course I love summer releases but what can you do

I'd die from boredom if she hadn't released anything until summer rolls

no no, i don't mind when she releases at all! i'm just curious to see how it'll feel with her new releases in a winter place. i listened to LFL for the first time tanning on my deck back home so i wonder where i'll be this time around

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

Nobody gives a f but my fav / the best designer of all time just tweeted about Lana :defeated: :defeated: :defeated: Get that ultimate promo queen, if he ever even teases a Lana concept I would kms

ygsbd.png

ZKcaooE.png

I know I just post this in my personal thread and I apologise for it but I quickly adapted a lil concept for a NFR tablet app / website. I think it would be EXTREMELY cool if there was a bit more interactive stuff for the next era; it's silly but I absolutely dig when artists do apps related to a project, and even sometimes it includes virtual reality stuff, it's just super mega cool, and it makes us feel worthy as fans imho. An app / site for her poetry book could be insanely cool as well. So many graphic possibilities

ckfcn.pngrkmcn.png

ZKcaooE.png

I'd go even further; I hope the pic we have is one of the worst of the bunch and the actual cover is even better

Hi, I'm new here  :hooker:  which pic are you talking about? 

nice cocc bro