Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I liked Lfl, this might be shallow, but the imagery of the cover really threw me off. Not bc she was smiling, which was great, but just how strange it looked, as if it were photoshopped. That and how dated it was aimed to look like, but never really had any momentum to do so

its cause it was. the portrait was taken in front of a wooden wall but chuck photoshopped her in front of the car

Oh hush, LFL is better than Born to Die.

The fact that I just had to read this sentence is very disconcerting

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Lust for life doesn’t tell any story tho. It’s just a random ass playlist of annoying trashy songs (minus 3/4 tracks)

disagree on that one. There is a story, a story of how you feel right before you want to make big changes in your life. 

It tells the story of a grown woman who wants to be happy, in tune with the world (Love). She falls in love... only to realize the guy's a total douche (Lust for Life to In My Feelings). She then takes a break from her heartbreak to open her eyes to the world around her (Coachella to WWTWAW). Her problems seem kind of unimportant though present (BPBP, TNC). She then gets to a really low point (Heroin), only to find out that she is changing, something is happening in her life, and she wants to get out of her evil ways, to be happy again (Change and Get Free). 

lust for life is obviously a messy album with way too many fillers but it also has some of her best songs (get free, change, cherry, love, heroin)

LOVE FINALLY GETTING THE RESPECT SHE DESERVES

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

disagree on that one. There is a story, a story of how you feel right before you want to make big changes in your life.

It tells the story of a grown woman who wants to be happy, in tune with the world (Love). She falls in love... only to realize the guy's a total douche (Lust for Life to In My Feelings). She then takes a break from her heartbreak to open her eyes to the world around her (Coachella to WWTWAW). Her problems seem kind of unimportant though present (BPBP, TNC). She then gets to a really low point (Heroin), only to find out that she is changing, something is happening in her life, and she wants to get out of her evil ways, to be happy again (Change and Get Free).

I still don’t like lust for life lol

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

i want to, too, but this is shaping up to be a bigger mess than LFL  :crossed:

What?!?!? after 2 singles and 4 snippets (one that is 7 second-long, this is the conclusion to jump to?!?!

I still don’t like lust for life lol

And it's okay! You have every right! 

lfl ruined her flawless discography and made fans lose faith in lana's creativity and artistry, i'll always rlly dislike that album honestly it marked the start of her not giving a shit about visuals, live performances and letting other deadweight artists ruin songs further 

The 3 videos that were out for LFL were visually stunning. Ok, BAR should have had the visuals of the Wm video. LFL lacked a bit of a story, but was visually sublime. Love is my favorite one of the bunch. 

With this era, though, she's back to the homemade visuals. I'm not necessarily against it, it works perfect for VB and the sound of NFR so far, but we'll see for the others

My dumb ass really thought we were gonna get a Young Like Me EP 2.0  :noparty:

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

Lust For Life is amazing, I love how the album is divided in two sections, with the first half being trap-ish driven and more upbeat and the second half being more folk/acoustic songs and then we have the final trilogy with Heroin/Change/Get Free which would make an awesome short film but whataver  :gclap:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

umm TNC MAC and VB are folk hoe

TNC’s DEMO is more folk than MAC or VB. MAC just happens to have an acoustic guitar accompanying the rest of the instrumental and VB has too many synths, bass, and guitar to call it folk.

When I think folk, the first song that comes to mind is Norwegian Wood by The Beatles. And that’s even a reach imo tbh

What? When did people start to say this??

At the top of the track list she posted on Honeymoon on Instagram said “Løst For Life” with a “u” written above the crossed out “o”

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

The fact that I just had to read this sentence is very disconcerting

I didn't lie

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

That’s how I always imagined the story to be!

This "story" is as stitched together as those cringy texts people always make up with the song titles once the tracklist gets revealed.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!