Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Notice how Lana literally just teased a new song and only like 50 people were viewing the topic... i have to laugh. I remember during LFL era when Lana would tease or announce something new and the thread would become chaos, like daily 100 people viewing the topic.

There's something so off about this era and i cant put my finger on it. We're already in quite a deep stage already and there seems to be not much excitement in the air, it's as though nobody cares lmao. She really is ruining the whole anticipation with all these lame snippets and lack of promotion, it feels like a lot of her fans have ditched her or something

Thank you for this post.

Notice how Lana literally just teased a new song and only like 50 people were viewing the topic... i have to laugh. I remember during LFL era when Lana would tease or announce something new and the thread would become chaos, like daily 100 people viewing the topic.

There's something so off about this era and i cant put my finger on it. We're already in quite a deep stage already and there seems to be not much excitement in the air, it's as though nobody cares lmao. She really is ruining the whole anticipation with all these lame snippets and lack of promotion, it feels like a lot of her fans have ditched her or something

eh, to be fair to LFL, it had been her longest break between albums, and it was kind of unclear which direction she was going in, esp. since she was dabbling in new things like politics, so there was probably more excitement/chatter (not all good) about where she was taking her album (and general career). 

But yeah, teasing 45/60 seconds of piano-driven songs that all sound basically the same months before the album is supposed to be released isn't doing her any favors. 

LFL felt like a bigger project (even if it was all over the place), so teasing more stuff felt appropriate. If this record is going to be how it sounds right now, which is a lot quieter winter album, I feel like it would be best to push everything forward and stop the snippets and just release one or two actual songs in their entirety. 

Or just take a break until she finalizes everything so we don't get another LFL situation. 

I know Lana usually doesn't care about commercial success, but do you think the MGK could be for a single/radio remix of one of her songs? I've noticed a lot of artists add rappers to songs once they release them as singles in order for them to do better on the charts. I've always thought it seemed like an embarrassingly desperate thing to do but, honestly, It would still be better than having a MGK collaboration on the album.

I AM MY ONLY GOD

There is like no promo this era. Idk if the promo’s still gonna come or if this is just gonna be a really laid back album release. Maybe stuff starts to happen once she drops the next single/mv? Idk. This era feels so random to me but I don’t really mind it tbh.

qfrWuBl.png

So... the track list so far?

-Norman Fucking Rockwell

-Cinnamon (??)

-Happiness Is A Butterfly (??)

-MGK feat. (??)

-NBHD feat (??)

-How To Disappear (??)

-Venice Bitch

-Mariner’s Apartment Complex

-Sylvia Plath

The ones with question marks were the ones I’m just not sure what they’re for. They could be for this album or be left off completely.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

For me it’s her mid range voice lacking emotion. Leaves much to be desired. I was excited when she announced MAC, excitement dimmed slightly with VB, and then almost completely left when I heard the snippet for How to Disappear. I haven’t listened to other snippets but it sounds like those have mid range vocals too. It’s a let down for me.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

okay first of all reading this thread gave me an ulcer bc y'all seem so determined to begrudge Lana for ANY action she takes like..... everyone getting pissy over her sharing too many snippets when

1. you do not have to listen

2. many of y'all would be pressed if she wasn't sharing anything in advance too

but! that's just how LB and stan culture is sometimes ig

ngl tho, the MGK tease did have me a bit worried for the sound of this album too, esp. when my expectations were so high already. thankfully, Sylvia Plath saved me bc not only does the sound seem consistent, but i'm living for the subject matter and lyrics and have been thirsting after this one since it first got mentioned!!!!

feeling rly hopeful and excited for NFR :heart:

o4qjp4j.png

Lana must be playing this album like the leakers who just tease tracks with snippets. Snippet season...

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I haven't listened to the last few snippets because I don't want to spoil the excitement for the new album and I want the songs to stay somewhat fresh and new when I'm going to listen to them the first time (as soon as the album is out). That said I'm not hyped for a MGK collab but I'm still hoping it's for his album/project and not for Lana's...

these snippets are just torture at this point and legitimately frustrating with the lack of information. like announce a single?? say something about what’s next? i’m tired of hearing snippets of songs without any really clarification that it’s the next single or SOMETHING! this gurl is so random

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

I think she'll release a new single at the beginning of December and then give us the album cover and tracklist after christmas/before new year. Then drop the album in early February

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

So the Sylvia song is real... Love the lyrics. Is there a melody in that snippet ? Lol

But I know a snippet is not reprentative of the song, most of the time.

Now I really want to hear the Bartender song!!