Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I'm just gonna say it. My hype is dead. The collabs, they could be fun, but rn I'm just streaming the hell out of VB til actual solid news comes thru. Peace

VB is so solid it’s already my most listened track!

LanaBoards during LFL era: "Omg it's been two months since Love...why no snippets?? Lana hates us...I wish I stanned other pop girls"

LanaBoards after Lana gives endless snippets: "Let's get her twitter account banned, so she'll stop."

:lmao:

it's gonna explode y'all know it

Exactly what I was thinking. I feel like it’s gonna be one of the best songs on the album. The sad depressing anthem we are all waiting for :defeated:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

I was going to ask why people are already trashing on these songs based on short snippets but then I realised how hypocritical that would be since I've heard 5 seconds of the MGK song and I already hate it  :rip:

I mean piano ballads are cute and all but I need to see sum tracks with the same ambition and energy as OTTR, Blue Jeans, and Shades Of Cool!

Lol but it all serious, some of these snippets feel kinda empty? I feel like they aren't very unique, which is something Lana has mastered throughout her entire discography. 

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

I find it kinda funny how the two biggest people I stan, Lana and MØ, have inverted things going on, like MØ stans are begging her to stop doing drops, and Lana stans are begging her to do drops. In both cases fans think the music is kinda generic and/or repetitive tho, although they have nothing in common musically

ZKcaooE.png

NFR seems to be very «Yin and Yang»: bops like VB and Cinnamon (and some others we have yet to hear) and slow ballads like HiAB. Sylvia Plath, HTD, MAC. 

I find it kinda funny how the two biggest people I stan, Lana and MØ, have inverted things going on, like MØ stans are begging her to stop doing drops, and Lana stans are begging her to do drops. In both cases fans think the music is kinda generic and/or repetitive tho, although they have nothing in common musically

Exactly. I don't mind if Lana is a ballad singer. I have plenty other artists not doing them.

im tired of piano.

does she know that acoustic guitar ballads exist?

i'd love to hear some acoustic guitar  :defeated:  :defeated:  it'd fit her so well if she wants to go towards a more mellow sound

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

i could see a surprise release tonight tho tbh

Same. Actually I feel like this album could be a surprise release too. What with all the biggest pop stars releasing surprise albums lately, it wouldn't be out of character for Lana to do it too. She's always unpredictable.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Why all this hate for the snippet? you really learned nothing from Cinnamon.

They never learn, get used to it. :deadbanana:

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro