Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Wow, things got heated huh? (give them some new music or something Lana)

Hopefully to prevent future disputes, here's a quick summary of the Norman Fucking Rockwell era so far...

Artwork / Visuals: Chuck seems to be creative director for this project (so far) and that could possibly change as Chuck has been known to shoot single covers whilst another photographer does the album cover.

However with Chuck directing the first 2 visuals and shooting the last album cover it is more than likely she will shoot the album cover.

It's also uncertain whether or not other directors will be brought in for future music videos as Chuck teased a larger project herself and Lana worked on was coming.

Tracklist: Pretty much nothing about the tracklist is certain other than Norman Fucking Rockwell might be the opening track - following Lana's title track pattern.

Only Cinnamon, Happiness Is A Butterfly, How To Disappear, Mariners Apartment Complex, Norman Fucking Rockwell, Sylvia Plath and Venice Bitch are confirmed or speculated for the final cut. Other potential tracks include Bartender - and although extremely unlikely some Lust For Life outtakes remain unreleased.

Release date: So there's potential that the album could be released February 22nd (one day prior to Norman Rockwell's birthday) - would be a pretty cool concept.

However, it might be unlikely since she teased Sylvia Plath on the week prior to Sylvia's birthday but then failed to release the full song. Maybe that's why we heard the snippet of that song in particular or maybe she just wanted to confirm the song was real.

There was also the rumoured release date of March 2019, I'm not saying it's impossible but the source isn't reliable - however I expect the album to be released before March, since she originally stated it was coming at the top of the year.

Singles: Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch are the 2 singles released so far - it's uncertain whether these will act as the first and second singles for the record or whether they're just buzz tracks.

There's the potential that an official lead single will be released later in the year, closer to the album release date. It's no secret that Happiness... was considered as a single at some point so that could be the lead. Other than that we don't know.

oh my god im SO BORED WHY CANT SHE ANNOUNCE SOMETHING........oh well stream clairo gays!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

MAC should definitely be the opener, with HTD as the closer, and VB in the middle. It would start and end the album in a positive, hopeful note and would be just so beautiful and meaningful

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

'2 much emotion' coming from the 'yosemite martyr' okay lol   :byeh8rs2:

@@Terrence Loves Me

come collect your wannabe

Do you think Salvatore sounds a bit like it? it's more subtle but I always thought Salvatore was pretty much like the theme tunes of Scarface and the Godfather combined, it has more the pacing of the Godfather and the violin but the beat under it is like a quieter version of the beat of the Scarface theme.

A bit, but I want her to take it to another level! Kind of like ABBA meets Kylie Minogue meets Nina Simone/ Amy Winehouse/ Ella Fitzgerald. Salvatore hits the jazz esqueness I want but it’s still missing the disco aspect.

https://youtu.be/r82fyOb8F5w

If she covered this song like how she did The Other Woman but had some disco & Nina influences it’d be BEAUTIFUL! Keep the piano but add more to it. Piano, synths, & saxophone would be a good foundation

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

NBNGHJGJHGFHJK I don't remember who on here shared John Maclean I'm so sorry I always forget but long story short I'm immensely grateful bc I've been watching at least one vid of his every day since and I was randomly checking up his insta and out of the blue had a cerebrovascular accident 

This isn't news sorry but it always makes me so happy to stumble upon Lana out of the blue, and when it's w ppl I rly appreciate it's even better. You better stan binch

ZKcaooE.png

Wow, things got heated huh? (give them some new music or something Lana)

Hopefully to prevent future disputes, here's a quick summary of the Norman Fucking Rockwell era so far...

Artwork / Visuals: Chuck seems to be creative director for this project (so far) and that could possibly change as Chuck has been known to shoot single covers whilst another photographer does the album cover.

However with Chuck directing the first 2 visuals and shooting the last album cover it is more than likely she will shoot the album cover.

It's also uncertain whether or not other directors will be brought in for future music videos as Chuck teased a larger project herself and Lana worked on was coming.

Tracklist: Pretty much nothing about the tracklist is certain other than Norman Fucking Rockwell might be the opening track - following Lana's title track pattern.

Only Cinnamon, Happiness Is A Butterfly, How To Disappear, Mariners Apartment Complex, Norman Fucking Rockwell, Sylvia Plath and Venice Bitch are confirmed or speculated for the final cut. Other potential tracks include Bartender - and although extremely unlikely some Lust For Life outtakes remain unreleased.

Release date: So there's potential that the album could be released February 22nd (one day prior to Norman Rockwell's birthday) - would be a pretty cool concept.

However, it might be unlikely since she teased Sylvia Plath on the week prior to Sylvia's birthday but then failed to release the full song. Maybe that's why we heard the snippet of that song in particular or maybe she just wanted to confirm the song was real.

There was also the rumoured release date of March 2019, I'm not saying it's impossible but the source isn't reliable - however I expect the album to be released before March, since she originally stated it was coming at the top of the year.

Singles: Mariners Apartment Complex and Venice Bitch are the 2 singles released so far - it's uncertain whether these will act as the first and second singles for the record or whether they're just buzz tracks.

There's the potential that an official lead single will be released later in the year, closer to the album release date. It's no secret that Happiness... was considered as a single at some point so that could be the lead. Other than that we don't know.

lol we shook the boards @salvatore

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I was thinking more these types of sounds from him

Which I think would fit Lana and are fairly similar to stuff from her music.

I could actually see this sound fitting in w hers pretty well. I know it's for Scarface, but it could very well be for a Bond flick or something. 

UV/Honeymoon

When you say disco, what do you mean? I somehow picture Motown bops or like It’s raining men... and I can’t really imagine Lana doing that. :toofunny:

I think they mean more like ABBA’s sound

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I think they mean more like ABBA’s sound

Oh, ok. Yeah, ABBA is pretty disco too. But I’ve grown up to their music and they’re kinda a national treasure here so nothing compares to them, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I hope there's a song in the album that sounds like Smoking Section from MASSEDUCTION. I can totally picture Sylvia Plath being this type of song. But I don't want happy chords at the end of the song like in Smoking Section. I hope the song stays sad.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~