Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I mean why?? she has payed him, she owes nothing to him. lana "owns" the artistic vision and if it doesn't fit she can scrap it.

like she owes nothing her producer, just the money for the labour he offered (which I guess she pays him??? bc Lana is a decent human being??? idk)

also i doubt lana cares about wasting money lmao

I think the record label usually pays for producers. Jack's probably cost them quite a bit more than Grandpa Rick so they wouldn't let her scrap it now, not that she would anyway. 

I think the record label usually pays for producers. Jack's probably cost them quite a bit more than Grandpa Rick so they wouldn't let her scrap it now, not that she would anyway. 

yeah, i didn't mean it as money out of her pocket but yeah thats right

my point still stands tho, regardless of how many songs somebody produces, as long as they're paid they're happy. lana has no obligation whatsoever not to scrap the album

Plus, even if she had've scrapped all the original Jack material (hypothetically) in favour of new music, we know she was working with Jack on country music. So get ready.

Hey Blue Baby coming January 11th from the forthcoming album Buffalo Fucking Bill, available June 22nd!

yeah, i didn't mean it as money out of her pocket but yeah thats right

my point still stands tho, regardless of how many songs somebody produces, as long as they're paid they're happy. lana has no obligation whatsoever not to scrap the album

I mean it depends on the label situation I think, I imagine there's contracts and legalities between Interscope and Jack, and some producers only give the label the rights to the music on the grounds of it having to be released.

I'm sure it would ultimately be Lana's decision (whether she releases the music or not), but it wouldn't be in her best interest as an artist, the label would be frustrated to think they'd funded months of sessions with a big name producer for the whole body of work to be scrapped and ultimately they'd be at a loss and I imagine it could damage her relationship with her label.

Just putting this out there: but maybe something like this happened with Lana during the Ultraviolence era, in terms of visuals. I remember her shooting the UV video and then scrapping it in favour of a new director and then there were no more visuals that era for the singles and the budget for Honeymoon visuals were clearly limited too.

But also as a professional artist; it would make Lana look bad when approaching other producers in the future. She'd be labelled a risk, imagine being a producer and  committing time, money and energy into a project (often passing up opportunities to work with other artists) for her to decide to scrap everything at the end.

Plus, even if she had've scrapped all the original Jack material (hypothetically) in favour of new music, we know she was working with Jack on country music. So get ready.

Hey Blue Baby coming January 11th from the forthcoming album Buffalo Fucking Bill, available June 22nd!

Featuring yodelling Walmart kid  :excited:

I mean it depends on the label situation I think, I imagine there's contracts and legalities between Interscope and Jack, and some producers only give the label the rights to the music on the grounds of it having to be released.

I'm sure it would ultimately be Lana's decision (whether she releases the music or not), but it wouldn't be in her best interest as an artist, the label would be frustrated to think they'd funded months of sessions with a big name producer for the whole body of work to be scrapped and ultimately they'd be at a loss and I imagine it could damage her relationship with her label.

Just putting this out there: but maybe something like this happened with Lana during the Ultraviolence era, in terms of visuals. I remember her shooting the UV video and then scrapping it in favour of a new director and then there were no more visuals that era for the singles and the budget for Honeymoon visuals were clearly limited too.

But also as a professional artist; it would make Lana look bad when approaching other producers in the future. She'd be labelled a risk, imagine being a producer and  committing time, money and energy into a project (often passing up opportunities to work with other artists) for her to decide to scrap everything at the end.

yeah i know, i was just stating that there's no moral or legal obligation not to scrap the album. it's not a wise move for her career, of course

While I agree and this is true, it would label her a risk, do you think she hasn’t been already? Yeah she’s recently worked with the same producers for the most part, but a lot of her unreleased stuff was made by completely random producers. She doesn’t take well to being forced to work with someone she doesn’t want to and with this one, she really enjoys working with Jack. You can see it in their interactions when they’re together

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

she sure is taking her sweet ass time

But if we rush her it might sound like shit again ): I have faith and hope but I don’t want rushed Lana

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

But if we rush her it might sound like shit again ): I have faith and hope but I don’t want rushed Lana

Ya'll know she can't handle pressure 

giphy.gif

Lmao, why do we expect or even hope for her to do something, it's literally one week away from Christmas

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Every morning I wake up thinking "maybe I'd get less stressed if I was tested less", Sylvia Plath is in my head all the time and it's so hard not to play it, and I had never felt something like that before with just a snippet.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Personally I had to make a compromise, since I already have more than a thousand plays on the Cinnamon snippets and I still get light headed at every single play I decided I wouldn't listen to Sylvia or HTD snippets for a while to try to retain a tiny bit of surprise :defeated: But I already have the the HTD line melody stick in head so. Brb gonna play Cin again

ZKcaooE.png